Bosque de sombras (BackWoods) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bosque de sombras (BackWoods) Reviews

½ March 25, 2012
Did I miss something? Despite it's horrid reviews I decided to give this film a chance being it starred Gary Oldman, my favorite actor. I wwas expecting a hell lot worse so I was pleasantly surprised I didn't turn it off half way through but once it reached it's close, all I could say was "what?" So much was left unexplained. So despite it's beautiful setting and it being well acted by Gary Oldman, this film is awful. There isn't much more to say.
February 26, 2012
Whiny, unlikable women, wussy men... a combination of DELIVERANCE & STRAW DOGS done Spanish-style. And Virginie Ledoyen garbles the English language again (you'd think she'd speak better after all her English movie roles.) Beautiful shots of the Spanish forest/village tho.
½ February 8, 2012
There was no fucking story here! everything was just fine except 4 the fact that theres no story! it shows you shit and gets interested and doesnt answer shit and confuses da hell outta you!
January 16, 2012
3 stars, and even then, they're for Gary Oldman alone...
December 12, 2011
U biti kao da su se sudarili U-Turn (neki od), Deliverance i sli?no, ali prili?no neuspjeno. onako, kako bi se reklo - izdrljiv ali prili?no nepotreban film.
½ December 9, 2011
Gary Oldman AND Paddy Considine! Need I say more? Well actually they saved this tired storyline along with great cinematography.

Watch it for free online.
½ December 5, 2011
Monday, December 5, 2011

(2008) The Backwoods
THRILLER/ SUSPENSE

Gary Oldman stars as Paul whose just bought an isolated cabin somewhere in the backwoods of Spain. Along with his wife and another couple, stumble onto another isolated stablehouse nearby where a deformed little girl is kept chained is when things get rather heated! Oldman is a great actor and would've given this a positive rating except that his character is short lived since all the other actors don't stand out in terms of their roles! This is nothing but a low budget version of Straw Dogs, Deliverance and other Italian kidnap films.

2 out of 4
November 13, 2011
I thought Gary Oldman was wasted and the story really needed some tightening. The movie is "Deliverance" meets "Straw Dogs", but it never fully gels. Skip it unless a massive Oldman fan.
October 30, 2011
Atmospheric, Oldman, and Considine. Enough said.
September 28, 2011
½ September 5, 2011
July 12, 2011
Even though it is simular to other films such as Straw Dogs and Deliverance that was most likely done by accident.
A strange film that even someone who doesn't know anything about it before watching it would figure out that there is something unsetteling in the atmosphere of the film.
An under-rated film that is quite shocking and what could be a cross between Severance without the comedy and Funny Games
June 4, 2011
These reviews and score are misleading this movie deserves the generous 32% the users gave it. The critics scores are glitched if you read them.
½ May 4, 2011
was it supposed to let the viewer draw it's own conclusion about what the girl and the whole town's story was. only david lynch films and the like can pull that off.
½ March 6, 2011
This was actually a really good film. Oldman and constantine were both excellant
January 24, 2011
Hardly original, but at least ends with a suitably grim conclusion. Performances from all leads are great with Oldman especially commanding.
½ January 4, 2011
Interesante aunque extranio drama en que Oldman hace un papel un poco atipico. El hilo de la historia es creible pero en algunos momentos desfallece haciendo perder interes, el elemento principal del conflicto no es del todo claro pero se ve un poco solventado por la relacion entre los personajes de Considine y Ledoyen.
Interesante ejercicio y buena carta de presentacion para Koldo Serra que se habia mostrado en 2003 con "El tren de la bruja".
½ December 22, 2010
LWOODS04
November 5, 2010
Cast: Gary Oldman, Paddy Considine, Aitana Sánchez-Gijón, Virginie Ledoyen, Lluís Homar

Director: Koldo Serra

Summary: An idyllic stay in the Spanish countryside takes a nightmarish turn for two couples when they discover a feral girl chained inside an abandoned house and decide to turn her over to the authorities. But the real drama begins when locals armed with shotguns show up looking for the girl.

My Thoughts: "Not to bad of a thriller. Not the best film I have seen with Gary Oldman or Paddy Considine, but it was interesting enough. Your heart really goes out to the poor little girl. The story is a little slow and takes a bit to get interesting. I thought Paddy Considine stood out as the most interesting character. He has fast became a new favorite of mine. I seem to have been watching quite a few movies with him in it lately. Not on purpose. But I'm glad to have seen him in so many different roles. He's quite the actor.
In the end the film is a decent thriller. Worth watching for the story and for Paddy Considine and Gary Oldman alone."