Boss of Bosses - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Boss of Bosses Reviews

May 13, 2014
As a lover of mob films, I was disappointed with Boss of Bosses, a lackluster biopic of Paul Castellano. It succumbs to conventional storytelling, with no real sense of energy or genuine character dynamics, simply scenes of exposition interspersed with back-story. Chazz Palminteri did what he could, but ultimately the script didn't give him much to go off of. In the end, the viewer knows more about the life of Castellano, but receives no real insight into the man. The story line involving John Gotti was also horribly and dully handled, while it should have been the main narrative drive.

2/4 Stars
May 13, 2014
decent made for tv movie
May 13, 2014
Chazz Palminteri wasted in this made for TV, wishy washy biopic, with some major story line holes from the real thing. For example why would Castellano been able to call the shots on Brasco who infiltrated a different family? Also found it quite distracting that Palminteri was playing Castellano when he is a dead ringer for Genovese boss of the same period, Vincent Gigante
½ February 13, 2013
Looks pretty good,from the trailer.
August 6, 2011
Boss of Bosses is a little known made for TV movie. Despite the fact that it is a different cast and crew, it was intended as a prequel, to 1996's Gotti, telling the story of Paul Castellano. Castellano was known as the brains behind the mafia's 1980's re-emergence. He believed more in white collar crime, than in organized crime. Castellano was old school and a smart man, the film portrays him as such, but it also tries to play down the fact that he was a criminal who stole millions and hurt a lot of people. Chazz Palminteri was amazing, he was made for roles like this, and shines once again as a hardened, but loveable criminal. As for the film, it's apparently very accurate, and tells you a lot about a private man, that we generally don't hear much about. I enjoyed it quite a bit. The fact that it was made for TV and lacked the nudity and the F bombs, didn't really matter, it was still a very enjoyable film and an excellent companion to Gotti.
April 29, 2010
what kind of mafia boss who doesnt want his member to become a drug dealer?
November 25, 2008
wow just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a pretty decent movie 2 watch..its got a good cast of actors/actressess throguhout this movie...i think that the director of this Drama movie had done a good job of directing this Drama movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie its a good Drama movie 2 watch
November 6, 2008
Very good movie. I've always liked Chazz Palminteri. He is so good in mob roles.
½ August 26, 2008
An OK mob movie, but l'd really recommend "Goodfellas" or "Casino," or somn like that.
August 1, 2008
Oh yeah, when I saw this movie before I rented it, I couldn't believe I hadn't watched it before. One great movie with my favourite, Chazz Palminteri. Great mobster movie. They seem to be all the same, but I love watching the bit of variety each director throws in of their own stuff.