A Bothered Conscience Reviews

• Mar 07, 2016

Pretty horrible despite a decent storyline. All of the acting except for Dennis Smithers Sr. was bottom of the barrel.

• Aug 04, 2015

Great, old school slasher style horror flick

Great, old school slasher style horror flick

• Apr 20, 2015

5 bloody stars! i classify this movie as a good bad movie. I love this movie, but most people wouldn't watch 10 minutes of it. i enjoyed the low budget nature, suspense, and excellent ending! the story is mostly about a man killing people, plus pseudo zombies, and backwoods life, but includes an explanatory twist to the ending.

• Nov 23, 2014

Just another bad slasher film. I wouldn't even give this a "B" film rating. Maybe a "Z".

• Aug 22, 2014

Dennis Smithers Jr's "A Bothered Conscience" is a dark character asseveration of cold, driven horror. The film stars Dennis Smithers Sr., Stephen Martin, MacFarland Martin, Thomas King, Tim Turner, Dannial McCoy and Tina O'Neal. The plot is more or less an open one with a father taking brutal measures, and cruel tutorship, in raising his son to protect the family land from outside influence and trespass. "A Bothered Conscience" really proves that indie horror can be done and done well. "A Bothered Conscience" is a stark, nearly flawless tragedy of sorts, filmed with an effect that hearkens to late 70's video nasty days, Smithers captures all the raw, edgy elements in "A Bothered Conscience". It is a story that plays out harshly and matter-of-fact with characters that almost feel both protagonist and antagonist simultaneously for most of the film, until the real protagonist comes forth near the end. The dialog is minimal but effective, character dramatics are short bursts of terror or just straight chilling shock as most of the interactions are of a brutal nature. The acting is mediocre but very committed to the story. The atmosphere is very reminiscent of classic gore flicks like "Stanley" or " Let's Scare Jessica To Death". Only the surreal is almost non-existent until the last act, most of the film is a visceral nightmare that unfolds plainly, with calculative bluntness. Although there is no layered visage to the characters, "A Bothered Conscience" creates a powerful, straight forward modern video nasty that is very entertaining. Special Effects and soundtrack are mild but clear elements that really make "A Bothered Conscience" a good film for gore-hounds and horror fans. The effects are smart, thought out tricks that offer gruesome moments to kill scenes without looking cheap, or cheesy. The blood is convincing enough, the deaths are creative and effective emotionally to the scene. Honestly it is amazing that "A Bothered Conscience" was shot on a shoestring budget of 2,300 dollars. The soundtrack is an instrumental chorus of highs and lows that fit perfectly, I found myself having to keep saying "this is a modern film and not a previously unreleased video nasty from the late 70's. I didn't really expect much from "A Bothered Conscience", and true the acting isn't stellar, but everything works, and I enjoyed everything about this film.

• Aug 16, 2013

Pretty bland, stale zombie flick. I hated all the characters, the pacing was slow, the production value was low, and the ending is just dumb.

• Jun 15, 2011