Bounce - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bounce Reviews

December 25, 2015
Ben Affleck and Gwyneth Paltrow aren't exactly two of my favourite actors out there. Not even close. But then I read what the movie was about, and on paper it was supposed to be a homerun. Movies with these type of storylines usually recieve between four - four and a half - stars. At least from me. But now I realise that a good storyline isn't the only thing that makes a good movie.
When I started watching the movie I realised that it was rather slow and difficult to get into it so my grade went from four stars to three. That was when I thought the slowness would only last for the first ten minutes, and then it would get better.
Sadly this movie never got better. It never became easy to watch it. It was a struggle to sit through it from the beginning until the very end. Eventually three stars turned into two. The final and absolute grade of the movie.
The storyline was a homerun. But the combination of bad acting, terrible chemistry and the lack of a good script made this movie into one big belly-flop.
½ December 12, 2015
2015-12-12 Ben was better than usual
½ April 30, 2015
Rien de bien excitant... Tout ce qu'il y a de correct... A ecouter en faisant autre chose, sinon vous ne serez pas capable de le finir ;)
February 16, 2015
I wasn't sure I'd like this type of movie, but it was a touching story and it seemed to be realistic. The characters were enjoyable to watch.
January 18, 2015
Buddy Amaral's (Ben Affleck) flight is delayed and in a pinch. he gives his ticket to a father who desperately needs to get home to his family. The plane crashes and the father is killed, and he is forced to live with the guilt. He eventually decides to bounce back and in the process the feels obliged to check on the widow and do what he can to help her out. He winds up falling for her (Gwyneth Paltrow). Bounce has an interesting premise, but instead is forced into an awful Hollywood cookie-cutter film.
December 28, 2014
Just sorta... "eh"...
½ November 13, 2014
½ September 25, 2014
What a repetitive movie. 5 minutes in, you know how it's going to end. I also just don't see Ben and Gwyneth together.
½ September 12, 2014
Heartwarming drama of people coping with the aftermath of a plane crash. well acted by Ben Affleck and Gwyneth Paltrow portraying appealing characters trying to get over their survivor guilt.
September 9, 2014
Wonderful movie even 14 years later- I was so excited to see it again- Have watched it so many times over- It is just good to see a film which has a happy ending for a change. The only thing Rotten here are The Critics. Sorry.
June 27, 2014
Not bad for a watch but not memorable
July 13, 2013
when you lose someone you love in an accident it is very hard to live with it. When you feel you had something todo with them being in that accident it is maybe even harder. for these to characters to be-able to support each other through life and have this bond is a special kind of love.
June 2, 2013
"It's not brave if you're not scared."
½ April 12, 2013
Gwyneth Paltrow is really good, but the script is hack eyed and can't decide what kind of movie it wants to be.
February 27, 2013
A promising concept but a bit bland in its execution...
February 5, 2013
Though it's certainly predictable, The POWER CHEMISTRY of Affleck and Paltrow make this one a pleasant sit through. Won't change the world, but then again, neither can Oreo Milk Shakes.
½ January 22, 2013
So I love Affleck, what of it? I saw this because he hyped it so when he was on Actor's Studio. Right on, Ben. But avoid those alternate endings, ugh.
½ December 7, 2012
Absolute as bad as the one iwth J-Lo and ben.....
½ October 31, 2012
Absolutely awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful, awful flick. Did I mention it was awful?
½ October 5, 2012
Quite a good romantic film, really easy to watch