The Bourne Supremacy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bourne Supremacy Reviews

August 13, 2012
Significantly better than Identity in every regard.
August 13, 2012
Drastic departure from the literary series that still serves up a decent movie.
August 13, 2012
I liked the pacing and story line for this film more than the previous one. Also, surprise Karl Urban!
½ August 13, 2012
A great sequel thats ups the pace from the first.
½ August 12, 2012
Just as thrilling as the first
½ August 12, 2012
A great sequel that doesn't reach the height and twists of the first film but it's still highly watchable! This time round, theres more action and the car chase towards the end is superb! Matt Damon is once again terrific! This film features some of the most talked about parts of the trilogy so it's still a great film but at times it's too slow and sometimes boring in the trilogy's shortest running time!
½ August 11, 2012
A little slow at times, but is still a highly entertaining movie.
½ August 11, 2012
My favorite spy/espionage thriller by a good sight.
slow but great finnaly.
½ August 11, 2012
Almost identical in plot and style with the first one, The Bourne Supremacy brings absolutely nothing new to the table.
August 11, 2012
Not as good as the original, but great movie nonetheless.
½ August 11, 2012
Though its not quite as great as Identity, The Bourne Supremacy is still a great action sequel that delivers the thrills in a great way.
August 10, 2012
Talk about raising the stakes. I always hear about how this is the weakest entry in the trilogy. I don't see it. This movie raises the tension from the first film as we watch Bourne evolve from a man who wanted to be left alone to a man on a mission. It is supremely acted by Damon, who yet again proves to be the heart and soul of this franchise. I also loved Greengrass' use of the shaky cam. Normally I hate it, but he uses it realistically and with such style that he made me love it.
August 10, 2012
Better story more intense Matt Damon was made to play this role the chase scenes for these movies are awesome
Greatest Bourne of the trio
August 10, 2012
Aside from the plot The Bourne Supremacy is just as good as the first and is a well thought out sequel.
August 10, 2012
The follow-up to The Bourne Identity is a solid sequel that delivers more of what made the first great.
½ August 10, 2012
by far the weakest of the trilogy.the plot doesn't have any meaning plus the ending is anti climatic
½ August 10, 2012
Hard hitting, fast paced and an unstoppable thriller. The Bourne Supremacy is a gripping and intelligent spy thriller that features an awesome story that continues where the original left off. Director Paul Greengras lead this sequel into darker territory and a much more personal level.

The Bourne Supremacy is a sequel that surpasses the quality of the original. Sure Identity started the story, and layed the groundwork but Supremacy is much more entertaining, has a deeper and darker story this plus with the twist of revenge. Unlike the original where the CIA was hunting Bourne, in a huge conspiracy lead to frame Bourne his wife was killed, so now he is on the hunt for them. Supremacy was interesting from the moment it started and it continued the story of Bourne having a troubled and haunting past life with the cryptic flashback sequences.

Matt Damon is back as super assassin Jason Bourne and gives a stellar, top notch performance. This time Bourne is much more skilled, much more hard hitting and due to his anger and drive for vengeance he is edgier and much more lethal. Damon incorporated all of Bourne's emotions properly from anger, to sorrow, and also pain.

This film was also very action packed and boasted some of the very best and most thrilling fight scenes and chase scenes ever. Some standout scenes were India, Bourne in Naples, evading the police, and of course the Moscow car, tunnel chase that completely trumped the chase of the past film. Karl Urban made for a great antagonist as well. The film's final scene was also very, very cool and suave. A great continuation and second chapter in the trilogy.
August 10, 2012
Not as exciting as the original but still great! The action was better in my opinion but it lacked in the no holds barred ferocity that the original brought. Still a great sequel though.