The Bourne Supremacy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bourne Supremacy Reviews

½ March 9, 2012
This is probably my favorite of the bourne. This movie is a much watch
March 8, 2012
Jason Bourne (Damon) has lately been living quietly with his girlfriend Marie (Potente) in the tropics, but that's soon interrupted when a Russian assassin (Urban) kills two men and frames Bourne for the job. When the police try to track down Bourne and then kill them, they accidentally gun down Marie, leaving him wanted and lonely. But CIA operative Pamela Landy (Allen) decides to lead her own hunt for Bourne, and with the assassin hot on his tail, he's anything but safe. But what's even more shocking is that Bourne isn't even really who he thinks he is ... "The Bourne Supremacy" in my opinion, is one of the best sequels of all time. Not only is this one just as exciting as its predecessor, but it also a lot more well- made. Like "The Bourne Identity", this film also stays away from cliches, dumb plot devices, and a huge number of action sequences, and instead relies on the acting, the script, and the camera-work to provide the biggest thrills. It's almost a bit of a step up: to me, it felt as though "The Bourne Identity" was honestly just a blockbuster event that just happened to be excellent, but with "The Bourne Supremacy" it feels just a little bit more gritty, more exciting, and more brutal, the same way Jason Bourne's life must be. Damon as usual is top-notch in this awe-inspiring leading role, and Allen steals the show dozens of times with her commanding portrayal. Add a smart script to the mix, a super exciting car chase and there you have it. "The Bourne Supremacy" is everything you should be looking for in a thriller, and it exceeded my expectations. I never though a sequel would be this good! Recommended.
½ March 8, 2012
Sad to see them get rid of his girl so early in the movie...seemed like he was alone the whole time which is what kept me from really, really enjoying it.
March 7, 2012
The Bourne movies are just sensational, the wrong chases, the killings, the fights, the car chasings, the acting, everything is fantastic. The Bourne Supremacy was great sequel of the fantastic Bourne Idenity, I think it was so good as the first, it has the same fantastic qualities. Sow, you have to watch this movie, cause this movie is just excellent, you just can't bored even for a second, this movie is a great thriller and I just love everything about it, The Bourne Supremacy it's just excellent and it's one of the best sequels ever made and one of my favorite sequels ever made. Watch it if you haven't, it has got everything you want in a great movie, trust me, it's really amazing. Great movie.

Paul Greengrass directs this movie very well, he didn't direct the first movie but he still could direct a sequel of the same level of greatness, I think he was a pioneer in this sorts of things. Matt Damon takes the lead role and he just shows me again that The Bourne Movies wouldn't be what they are without the master Damon, he was truly amazing one more time, I just loved his character and his perfomance was great as well, defenitly one of his five best roles ever, and by the way, he wasn't just fantastic at his role, he must have trained a bit to reach the practice of action in this movie, if he had a stunt, whathever, but if he didn't, congrats Matt, you're not just an incredible actor, Matt is known from The Bourne Identity, The Bourne Ultimatum, Good Will Hunting, The Adjustment Bureau, True Grit, The Departed and some other movies. Sow, the rest of the cast is okay, it's average, there's some good actors in it and some okay perfomances, but I rephuse to talk about them, Matt is really the one who stands out, so if somebody asks me what I think about the cast, I'll say that I loved it because of Matt's incredible perfomance. I just don't think that the cast is 100% good because I think that this movie could have a few more stars in it than just Matt. Great cast (8.5/10).

When Jason Bourne is framed from a botched CIA operation he is forced to take up his former life as a trained assassin to survive.(What I thought about the plot) I thought the plot was great, it's those types of story with police and agents trying to catch one smart man who will do anything to get away from them, or by these words, it's those types of Bourne stories. Sow, I really liked the plot, it starts off interesting and it ends still being interesting, it worked really well here and I don't think it was a giant copy of the first movie's script, yes it had one or two similliar things, but it's fresh in a way. Great plot (7.9/10).

Soundtrack, well, the soundtrack was amazing, instead of just doing a movie that I like, they also did it with things that I liked in it, this movie had the kind of soundtrack that I like and I loved to hear it while I was watching the movie, the soundtrack is really good, it's not memorable like some Hanz Zimmer's scores, but it's really good and it's worth hearing it. Great soundtrack (7.6/10). The action was fantastic, there was probably a bit more of car chases then just simple action, but yes, the action was great, I loved the excellent and not ufortunately kind of long, it was entertaining to watch and if the actors didn't had stunts for most of their scenes, I can say that they were well trained. Great action scenes (7.8/10).

Besides all that, I am now going to tell you what I really thought about this movie. First of all, everyone knows that sequels usually never work that well and usually nobody knows for what reason but you can bet that Paul Greengrass might know, because he directed one of the best sequels ever, don't back down on watching this movie just because it's a sequel, never judge a book from it's cover, or in this case, never judge a movie by being a sequel, you really have to watch it if yuo haven't. The Boune Movies are my favorite espionage movies, they're full of thriller, action and much other great things and the movies are also interesting cause they let a thing at the end that leaves you already excited to watch the next one, it's kind of a legacy, but now I'll be completely out of context, I don't think that The Bourne Ultimatum will let the "Bourne Legacy" in the upcoming movie called The Bourne Legacy with no Jason Bourne and no Matt, but let's see. Overall, you should watch this amazing sequel of an amazing movie, it will always be apart of my favorite movies and it surprasses so much movies that I can't even say, this is really almots a masterpiece, the movie has a great cast, a great plot, a great soundtrack, great action scenes and it's very entertaining, I totally recommend you to watch it if you haven't and if you did, you know what I'm talking about. I loved the first and I loved the second.- Well that's not usual to say, oh, I'm sorry, I'm talking about The Bourne Supremacy. It's really a fantastic movie, I loved it. The Bourne Supremacy (8.0/10). Great.

Great movie. Very recommended movie. Grade: B.
March 6, 2012
just as good as the first one. Matt damon kicks ass, cant wait to see the third one!
½ March 5, 2012
It feels the same movie as before. Strangely, it doesn't go bad. Not at all. They find a new reason to pursue Bourne and the action is really good and intense. The only thing that bothers me a little is that i don't feel like there is a bigger story as a whole and that each movie is a little independent. But still, it's really a good movie. I wouldn't say mindless action, but still, pretty enjoyable.
½ March 5, 2012
It's not often that a sequel can actually be called a better film that the original, but The Bourne Supremacy improves in every way upon The Bourne Identity, an impressive feat considering the quality of the latter. The film pushes the character of Jason Bourne into franchise territory, where Bourne will encounter more people who want to kill him as he continually attempts to figure out more about his past.
Matt Damon's second time around as the lead character elevates him into a bona fide action star. He walks through this picture with a real confidence in Bourne's strengths and weaknesses. But unlike other actors like Jason Statham or Jet Li, Damon doesn't try to take over the film. He embodies Bourne as a smart, captivating protagonist but doesn't try to overshadow the other characters, which include Joan Allen as a CIA Agent investigating a murder of two of her ops, allegedly performed by Bourne, Julia Stiles as Nicky Parsons, a young analyst who has more to do with Bourne's past than he may realize, Karl Urban as a Russian assassin, Franka Potente as his lover, Marie, and Brian Cox as the head of the Treadstone Project who means to put Bourne away for good this time.
The story does what the story of a sequel is required to do. It reveals more about the Treadstone Project. It places the lead character closer to reaching his motivations. It creates a more complicated plot that will allow for even more elaborate and bar-raising action sequences. It's also a lot more assured of itself, probably because it's written solely by Tony Gilroy, who's really good at these kind of plots.
Paul Greengrass takes over the director's chair, replacing Doug Liman, but ignites the same visual flair and pacing of the original. He opts for a more documentary style look for this film. The camera is almost always handheld, and shots are taken mostly from passenger seats in cars, behind or beside characters involved in the action, or placed among bystanders to give that "you are there" look. It does wonders for a film that also spans multiple locales like Berlin and Moscow, and in a climactic car chase sequences that I seriously would rank as one of the top ten car chases ever put on film.
I don't want to reveal anything else or talk up this great film any more. The Bourne Supremacy is without a doubt the action picture of the year, and elevates Jason Bourne into an action hero to remember.
March 3, 2012
Jason Bourne is a beast.
½ March 2, 2012
A perfect follow-up to the original.
February 29, 2012
i can't wait until the Bourne Ultamatium...
February 25, 2012
Assassin mode is the best suspense but it is tied with The Bourne Identity.
February 25, 2012
Just as good as the first , to bad they killed marie off :(
February 25, 2012
Best of the trilogy! After Jason's girlfriend gets murdered it's pure RAMPAGE!! One of the best car chases ever put on film.
February 21, 2012
And the mystery continues...
½ February 19, 2012
Not quite as good as the first, but still an amazing movie.
February 19, 2012
I didn't think I would like it as much as the first one but I was wrong. This just kept getting better.
½ February 19, 2012
The plot isn't quite as engaging as its predecessor, but Supremacy is still an excellent film and features one of the best car-chase sequences ever shot.
February 18, 2012
Required viewing for any action fan.
February 16, 2012
Yeah i love that movie!
February 16, 2012
The magic continues. perhaps a little better from the first installment in terms of suspense and excitement.