La Caja 507 (Box 507) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

La Caja 507 (Box 507) Reviews

½ May 20, 2016
A good thriller from Spain. Bank robbery, death of a daughter, missing documents and what ties it all together.
Harlequin68
November 14, 2014
In "Box 507," it has been seven years since Maria(Dafne Fernandez), the teenaged daughter of Modesto(Antonio Resines), a banker, and Angela(Miriam Montilla), died in a forest fire. For them, life goes on. At least, until bank robbers take her hostage, forcing Modesto to open deposit boxes for them, one of which he loses his lunch into. That one also happens to have some very important information for him which he looks into while his wife recovers in the hospital. That box belongs to Rafael(Jose Coronado) and Monica(Goya Toledo) who are in the midst of some very delicate negotiations with the Mafia.

"Box 507" takes a methodical and nuanced approach to its multifaceted mystery, as it carefully dispenses information throughout. The central point of which is that there really is nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing to lose. But as intriguing a character as Modesto is(with an excellent performance from Antonio Resines to match), he is also the epicenter of the movie's flaws as it is too hard to believe that such important information just falls into his lap with him also being in a position to successfully decipher it. What could have solved this problem and made this otherwise compelling movie thrive would have been to start with at least one degree of separation between Modesto and the documents.
November 14, 2014

½ October 26, 2013
John day's original from Spain
August 16, 2011
ver la pelicula completa
April 28, 2011
Don't worry about keeping all the characters straight in your head as you watch this movie....just remember that everyone is bad except maybe the victims. Well done with some very good acting, but not much of a storyline. I found this movie just long, tedious, and I was happy when it was over so that I could send it back.
½ March 6, 2010
A coolly cerebral vengeance thriller rather than the caper film I was expecting. Very well directed with excellent performances by Antonio Resines (who seems cast very much against type as the avenger in the story and carries it off brilliantly) and Jose Coronado as well as very solid performances by the supporting cast.
December 26, 2008
Una buena película un buen argumento creíble y a la vez no predecible
December 16, 2008
I liked this movie. Please rent it and watch it!! It is more than a typical heist move. I could not find out much more about Director Enrique Urbizu on the net except he wrote the screenplay for the 9th Gate. In this movie the bank manager discovers papers in the bank lock box robbery (hence the name lock box 507) which related to his 16 year old daughters death 7 years earlier. It turns into kind of revenge movie. Its kind of slow getting to the point of how the ex police chief (who wants and needs the document) fits in. However the fathers search for the truth makes an interesting story though at times unbelievable. However the father's (Resines) quest and acting really drew me in.. This film does a good job of looking at corruption in a posh area of Spain. I also enjoyed seeing this part of Spain in the movie. The father (Resines) and the chief Rafael Mazas (Jose Coronado)both have pretty powerful roles in this movie!! The subtitles are nice clear and readable. I speak a lot of Spanish and love the clear crisp accents of Spanish in Spain. The chief Rafael Mazas (Jos Coronado) has such a great powerful voice, but his role in this movie is leans toward the typical villain corrupt cop. I give this movie a solid 3 (maybe even 3 1/2)stars of five. A Spanish Friend Fernando worked works on this movie as a line producer. (which is how I found about this movie!@@)
November 15, 2008
Excellent polar espagnol, je le recommande chaudement à tous les amateurs.
½ May 23, 2008
Its always nice to watch a cruel revenge!
½ May 3, 2008
didn't leave an impression. caught it a month or so ago and frankly can't remember much about it.
½ April 28, 2008
Modesto Pardo on kuin Charles Bronson väkivallan vihollisessa, mutta ilman peacemakeriä.
March 17, 2008
gripping and effective. just how thrillers should be.
February 22, 2008
Saw this as part of the Spanish film fest. Good production values, and is quite thrilling. Takes a while to figure out how things link up, but it is engaging enough so that you'll still watch on.

My only
½ January 6, 2008
Un bon petit thriller
½ August 14, 2007
I liked this action. It was agood read.
½ July 2, 2007
Tight, focused, and effective thriller. Characters are well developed and the plot is resourceful in throwning in as many unexpected turns as possible to grab our interest. Nothing strikingly original, it just employs the genre conventions efficiently. Recommended.
April 19, 2007
Tråkig och oinspirerad "thriller"...