La Caja 507 (Box 507) Reviews

• May 20, 2016

A good thriller from Spain. Bank robbery, death of a daughter, missing documents and what ties it all together.

• Walter M Super Reviewer
    Nov 14, 2014

In "Box 507," it has been seven years since Maria(Dafne Fernandez), the teenaged daughter of Modesto(Antonio Resines), a banker, and Angela(Miriam Montilla), died in a forest fire. For them, life goes on. At least, until bank robbers take her hostage, forcing Modesto to open deposit boxes for them, one of which he loses his lunch into. That one also happens to have some very important information for him which he looks into while his wife recovers in the hospital. That box belongs to Rafael(Jose Coronado) and Monica(Goya Toledo) who are in the midst of some very delicate negotiations with the Mafia. "Box 507" takes a methodical and nuanced approach to its multifaceted mystery, as it carefully dispenses information throughout. The central point of which is that there really is nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing to lose. But as intriguing a character as Modesto is(with an excellent performance from Antonio Resines to match), he is also the epicenter of the movie's flaws as it is too hard to believe that such important information just falls into his lap with him also being in a position to successfully decipher it. What could have solved this problem and made this otherwise compelling movie thrive would have been to start with at least one degree of separation between Modesto and the documents.

• Nov 14, 2014

• Oct 26, 2013

John day's original from Spain

John day's original from Spain

• Cynthia S Super Reviewer
    Apr 28, 2011

Don't worry about keeping all the characters straight in your head as you watch this movie....just remember that everyone is bad except maybe the victims. Well done with some very good acting, but not much of a storyline. I found this movie just long, tedious, and I was happy when it was over so that I could send it back.

• Mar 06, 2010

A coolly cerebral vengeance thriller rather than the caper film I was expecting. Very well directed with excellent performances by Antonio Resines (who seems cast very much against type as the avenger in the story and carries it off brilliantly) and Jose Coronado as well as very solid performances by the supporting cast.

• Dec 26, 2008

Una buena película un buen argumento creíble y a la vez no predecible

Una buena película un buen argumento creíble y a la vez no predecible

• Dec 16, 2008

I liked this movie. Please rent it and watch it!! It is more than a typical heist move. I could not find out much more about Director Enrique Urbizu on the net except he wrote the screenplay for the 9th Gate. In this movie the bank manager discovers papers in the bank lock box robbery (hence the name lock box 507) which related to his 16 year old daughters death 7 years earlier. It turns into kind of revenge movie. Its kind of slow getting to the point of how the ex police chief (who wants and needs the document) fits in. However the fathers search for the truth makes an interesting story though at times unbelievable. However the father's (Resines) quest and acting really drew me in.. This film does a good job of looking at corruption in a posh area of Spain. I also enjoyed seeing this part of Spain in the movie. The father (Resines) and the chief Rafael Mazas (Jose Coronado)both have pretty powerful roles in this movie!! The subtitles are nice clear and readable. I speak a lot of Spanish and love the clear crisp accents of Spanish in Spain. The chief Rafael Mazas (Jos Coronado) has such a great powerful voice, but his role in this movie is leans toward the typical villain corrupt cop. I give this movie a solid 3 (maybe even 3 1/2)stars of five. A Spanish Friend Fernando worked works on this movie as a line producer. (which is how I found about this movie!@@)

• Nov 15, 2008

Excellent polar espagnol, je le recommande chaudement à tous les amateurs.

Excellent polar espagnol, je le recommande chaudement à tous les amateurs.

• May 23, 2008

Its always nice to watch a cruel revenge!

Its always nice to watch a cruel revenge!