Boy A - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Boy A Reviews

½ November 24, 2016
Relying on an excellent performance by Andrew Garfield and at first a thought-provoking film about guilt, atonement and the right to start over as a new person, after two intriguing acts it all soon ends in a contrived conclusion that is disappointing and insubstantial.
½ April 14, 2016
Still trying to decide how I feel about this film... Andrew Garfield is amazing! But if you're going to see a John Crowley film, Brooklyn is the way to go. I'm excited to see what else the director does!
½ February 8, 2016
Aunque por momentos se cae y se siente un poco aburrida,esta pelicula logra que le agarremos cariño al personaje principal a pesar de su oscuro pasado.y andrew hace un trabajo excelente
December 23, 2015
I'm unsure to watch it or not.
December 8, 2015
Excellent work by Andrew Garfield. A great film that suffers from slow pacing for stretches, but a stunning job of writing and acting. A brilliant and hard to watch film.
February 2, 2015
I watched this strictly because it's Andrew Garfield's first film. He's one of my favorites, so I was curious to see where he started. I didn't expect anything from this, but I was really surprised. I thought this was going to be your standard, lower-budget indie, but it's actually a really good movie. It's based on a critically acclaimed novel, following the main character after he's released from prison for a crime he committed as a child. It chronicles the struggles of readjusting to society, all while he's trying to hide his true identity. This is a bleak and fairly depressing viewing experience, but it's well paced and terrifically acted. Andrew Garfield really shines here and does a terrific job in his film debut. If you're a fan of him like I am, this is a must-see. Boy A is really impressive.
January 31, 2015
Boy A is just an outstanding piece of work.
January 11, 2015
Incredibly strong movie with a powerhouse performance by Garfield.
September 8, 2014
The most depressing and emotional movie I've ever seen. I'm Heartbroken, Stunned and shocked after watching this movie. Truly unforgettable performance by Andrew garfield.
August 18, 2014
"Boy A" makes us feel sorry for evil and makes us feel being another evil.
August 4, 2014
Trippy fun. Great music.
August 3, 2014
An intense drama that declares war on morality with its beautifully filmed scenes of character study and development.
½ July 27, 2014
"Boy A" had so much impact over me, that it let me shocked by the time I saw it and I'm still shocked. The characters are great and the performances are superb.
½ July 16, 2014
Filme bem fraco, mas só atuação do Andrew Garfield já faz valer a pena.
June 20, 2014
My main problem with this film is the story itself. The whole thing seems distasteful. On top of that, Garfield's acting leaves something to be desired, which is something uncommon with the actor.
May 27, 2014
If you're in the mood for a bit of sympathising with a murderer, this is a good film. I was totes in love with Andrew Garfield's character by the end of it. It's pretty gritty and gross to watch (like scraping the bottom of a barrel and making a film out of what came off it) and you see where it's heading pretty early on but still the ending feels somewhat devastating. Watching Garfield dance on speed was good fun though.
May 12, 2014
Another powerful, endearing portrayal by Garfield anchors a movie about the tragic repercussions of humanity's misguided belief in good and, above all, evil
May 4, 2014
It works as a character study, but fails to explore the themes it brings up.
½ April 12, 2014
Can we escape from our dark past? A haunting and powerful drama. Andrew Garfield is absolutely stunning!!
February 18, 2014
Not as good as the book but still an excellent film.