The Boy in the Striped Pajamas (The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas) Reviews

• 5d ago

The Boy in The Striped Pajamas is an excellent film, which touches and explores the cruelty that the Holocaust was.

• Nov 13, 2020

i got some Spoiler Before watch this :( that make me Predict Ending But After all i still think it's good Film

• Oct 22, 2020

Absolutely love this movie! I found it years ago and watched it on a whim. Best decision ever. The movie was raw and eye opening. I wasnt alive during the Nazi Era but this movie makes you see from both the officers family and the jews in the concentration camps way of living. They live opposite lives and yet you get to see the hardships. Great movie and highly recommended!

• Oct 12, 2020

Great movie, but extremely sad and tragic. Definite tear-jerker.

Great movie, but extremely sad and tragic. Definite tear-jerker.

• Oct 12, 2020

Through the innocent eyes of Bruno, the eight-year-old son of the commandant at a German concentration camp, a forbidden friendship with a Jewish boy on the other side of the camp fence has startling and unexpected consequences. (Source: IMDb) The Boy in the striped pyjamas is "A story of innocence in a world of ignorance" and one of the most emotional movies I have ever seen, although I think it was a bit boring and not quite the best but I do recommend everyone to see it, great story and emotional ending. The movie could have been a really great movie especially that it's based on a book by John Boyne that's so famous and so emotional, so they had a great story but I felt like the script was so weak and the way that the movie was telling the story wasn't what I expected, I also felt like it could have won "Best adapted screenplay" if the script was so good which is going to take me to the directing too that was good but not great, felt like the movie could have had so many great and memorable frames which it did but they were very few. The cast was good although I felt like some actors and actresses would have fit the role better, Asa Butterfield as Bruno was a great choice, he always puts on a great performance although he was young. Jack Scanlon was so amazing in playing the role of Shmuel, you can feel the chemistry between the two young actors which I think what made the movie so great, David Thewlis as Commander Ralf and Rupert Friend as Lieutenant Kotler were so amazing they both gave us these dirty and evil characters that you will hate after watching the movie, and Finally, Vera Farmiga as Elsa who I felt like in some scenes she was trying so hard to just fit into that character but could not, the only scene I liked was when she was fighting with her husband Commander Ralf, but other than that her facial expressions and acting were not that great. The music score was not a problem at all, it added a great touch to a few scenes and it even made some scenes more emotional. The movie showed us what life was during "The Holocaust" in such a genuine, dramatic, and emotional way because "The Holocaust" is a difficult subject for sure that many people suffered during it. Highly recommend this emotional / sad movie that will touch your heart and will leave you in tears after watching it. My rating is 7/10 (*For more movie / tv show reviews check out my Instagram page @Serious.Cinema)

• Aug 02, 2020

First of all, I'd like to say, good casting in this war drama, Bruno the explorer (LOL) looks like a Mini-Cumberbatch. So cute and adorable perfect for the climatic ending. Bravo. The story itself is moving and unique, the holocaust in child's perspective. Their innocence from the horrors of Jews and the extermination camps contributes to the viewer's heartaches. And its structure of having the climax as its ending leaves everyone a bitter taste until they sleep. Most find it as punch that makes it remarkable, however for me, it's quite pleasant for a short story but not good enough for a film. Perhaps the book might have been better, giving more context in the aftermath. I'll know once I read the book. LOL Many critics say this story educates people to have symphathy for the Nazis but I beg to differ, it's a subtle revenge to the Nazis when you come to think of it.

• Jul 21, 2020

It was good for the most part, but it gave me a bad feeling in my stomach. It's not quite as detailed as the book but some scenes are better because they are dramatized and it hits harder.

• Jul 15, 2020

A sad movie about the holocaust and how a boy named Bruno makes friends with a boy at Holocaust camp. Bruno’s family moves out of the city so his dad can work as a Holocaust dude and isn't allowed out of the house. Somehow Bruno gets out and makes friends with someone at a concentration camp and promises to help find his father. Bruno dies in the concentration camp.

• May 28, 2020

I remember seeing this movie for the first time with my mom when I was a child, like in 2010. Because of the name of the movie I had imagined that something quite different would happen in the plot, until the movie started with historical scenes, I didn't know what to expect from it because it´s about the Holocaust. If you are a sensitive person, at some point in the plot you may get a tear and have a lump in your throat. I think the film is very well done as it shows the context about life of the Jews at that time with some strong scenes but that are not exaggerated and this is the top advantage and that´s the point I recommend all of you this movie. I prefer history movies than superhero movies, maybe that's why I think I liked it.

• May 02, 2020

The "oblivious-onlooker-in-a-tragedy" can function as a hard-hitting element when used sparingly, but here it's more sprayed out of a broken fire hydrant. Regardless of its faults, The Boy in the Striped Pajamas touches on many of the personality types that allowed the Holocaust to metastasize, from the fanatic to the apathetic, even if it goes about it lacking subtlety on occasion. The final scene is what remains with the viewer, based on shock value, and it does convey the level of disgust that its historical subject warrants; few films of recent years have the clout to swing a punch like that. (3.5/5)