The Boy Who Could Fly - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Boy Who Could Fly Reviews

February 25, 2016
Best movie I've ever seen!!
½ May 26, 2015
This movie does not hold up well at all. It was laughably bad most of the time. Never really got into it.
February 5, 2015
whatever happened to curiosity?
September 28, 2014
The idea & the imagery are better than the execution. Sweet story. Could have been more emotionally effective. Great cinematography makes up for some of it. Lucy Deakins was absolutely wonderful.
July 20, 2014
yeah but he cannot talk
September 11, 2013
I have LOVED this movie since I was little and now my children LOVE it! One of my all time favorites!! :)
July 31, 2013
This movie touched my heart! It's amazing and wonderful!
½ March 30, 2013
I love the director, Nick Castle ('The Last Starfighter') and there were some good moments, but the biggest thing I remember about this movie is some kid squirting or threatening to squirt another kid in the face with a water gun full of piss.
March 1, 2013
Loved this movie growing up!!
February 22, 2013
Though it tends to dip into cliches much more often then needed, there's some good intentions for this film about a recently relocated girl who discovers something odd about the boy next door. Lucy Deakins and Jay Underwood portrays the mucho-80's couple, while little Fred Savage nearly steals the show for being Fred Savage.
½ February 6, 2013
Sweet 80s kids movie, with young Fred Savage who is adorable in his role. Fantasy tinged children's story dealing with real life issues of death and change in life. Somewhat dated to the period it was made, it's core story and messages are still as relevant today. A lost gem that most people have forgotten about or never seen.
½ January 16, 2013
Ahhhhhh cool just found this on here and remember watching it. As far as I remember i really enjoyed this film its a family film and i reckon its worth the watch. I would watch it again definately.
December 10, 2012
Loved this when I was little.
½ August 20, 2012
Fred Savage makes the movie.
August 5, 2012
I love this movie it is so cute
July 23, 2012
Loved this film as a kid!
July 4, 2012
Great family films are the kind that offer something for viewers of all ages, not just children. THE BOY WHO COULD FLY is one such movie. Children will obviously cheer little Fred Savage on as he struggles to make his way around the block and outsmart neighborhood bullies (as well as a ferocious Doberman). Teenage girls will swoon at the puppy love story between Lucy Deakins and Jay Underwood (there's a romantic dreamy nighttime scene midway through the film). Anyone older will be very touched by the very realistic relationships depicted in the film, particularly the one in which lonely Deakins befriends the autistic, mostly mute Underwood who sometimes is seen standing with his arms spread like an airplane. But of course, the title of the movie clearly gives away the notion that Underwood's character actually CAN fly. (Kids, however, should note that they should NOT attempt to step off a window sill or roof expecting to do the same in real life.) Despite the occasional shades of PETER PAN, however, the fantasy element is mostly kept to a minimum; this works in favor of the story's credibility as a family drama. A sweet-natured, touching little treasure, THE BOY WHO COULD FLY is the stuff that true family films are made of.
May 13, 2012
A classic from the 80s, those with a special needs child in the family will find it heart warming. Simple and uncomplicated the film has heart and charm. No one will believe it, but yes the boy can fly.
March 21, 2012
I saw this shit for the first time in almost 20 years; it isn't nearly as bad as I imagined it would be. As far as family films are concerned, this works.
February 18, 2012
Acting lessons for all, though Fred Gwynn and Fred Savage manage to turn out okay performances.