The Boys in Company C - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Boys in Company C Reviews

April 29, 2009
Classic Viet Nam war movie.
February 23, 2009
Really good war movie that centres on a group of really interesting characters - young men, whether by their own choice or not, joining the Marines and being shipped off to the 'Nam. I particularly liked Stan Shaw's Tyrone Washington and Craig Wasson's Dave Bisbee, the former a hustler from Chicago who intends to traffic heroin back home from Vietnam for huge profits and the latter a drafted "Make Love, Not War" hippie. All the men find conflict, friendship and brotherhood through their experiences and whether they change for the worse or the better, they never forget who they are.

I've heard that the film was an inspiration for Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket and it's hard not to see how - the first 40 minutes follows the recruits through boot camp before shifting the story to Vietnam. R. Lee Ermey even plays one of the drill instructors, though don't expect anything even approaching the magic of FMJ's D.I. Hartman. Also, this is a war movie that's strictly about the characters so don't expect any notable battle scenes. Trust me though, in this case you won't miss them.
February 19, 2009
A different war-movie.
February 11, 2009
This is one of the best Vietnam movies out there. I watched often in the 80's and it dissapeared when DVD came out. Now!!!!
IT'S OUT ON DVD. It came back out in Sep '08. I just found it today. Am watching it again now. Still great movie.
January 4, 2009
Decent early war movie.
December 17, 2008
Old film, but still enjoyed it, much like taps and the like
½ November 15, 2008
The fore runner of Vietman War Films.
November 14, 2008
Superb and (though before my time) getting dang close to what I'd imagine this crazed war was like for the poor bloody grunts...

You can get an R2 copy from eBay Shop dvdmovieimportshop if you're UK. Check out ebay - loadsa suppliers in the US, prices pan out £15-£20, so I guess about $25-$40
November 12, 2008
Perhaps this will be everything people said Full Metal Jacket would be but wasn't.
October 15, 2008
Awesome movie. Lee Ermy rules. I found it so much better than Full Metal Jacket. (Although the Boot Camp portion of FMJ was great)
½ October 3, 2008
better than full metal jacket; not given the credit it deserves
August 27, 2008
too silly to be taken seriously
July 9, 2008
bodybags & soccer..who knew?
½ June 28, 2008
Neglected but pretty darn good Vietnam movie, which follows the tried & tested formula of training & following into combat a group of raw recruits, but manages to reveal a morally opaque and finally crazy world in which doing what feels right at the time is simply insanity but without alternative options. R. Lee Ermey's turn as a tough drill instructor is a dry run for his legendary Full Metal Jacket performance.
June 5, 2008
A very good war movie
May 29, 2008
Great Vietnam/war/Marine flick.
½ May 14, 2008
The best movie on the Vietnam War, thats not on dvd.
May 13, 2008
One of the best war movies ever made
May 4, 2008
see this before you see platoon