Brain Donors - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Brain Donors Reviews

½ July 3, 2016
Underrated gem. If you like silly stupid shit, definitely worth seeing.
June 14, 2016
Strange comedy that tries to channel old Marx brothers movies but fails miserably at its attempt.
August 9, 2015
Anyone who doesn't think this movie is funny needs to have their head examined
½ August 16, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
½ October 29, 2013
Incredibly funny, starts slow and goofy but by the end hilarious
½ March 25, 2013
I thought that this was a great movie, but maybe it was a bit too daring for audiences in the 1990s (forgive me if it sounds egotistical, but I doubt that one in five people of my generation could even name a Marx Brother other than Groucho; I would wager that far fewer, if they saw this movie in the first place, recognized it as a 1990s update of a movie made nearly 60 years prior). Especially the PG audiences who it was aimed at.
January 9, 2013
The Marx Borthers reincarnated--A hilarious homage!!
½ December 25, 2012
This shows how the Three Stooges were comedic geniuses - you cannot just get three people acting like total jackasses together and expect it be funny. Timing is everything (no matter how lowbrow the humor), and if you dont have it naturally, then at least a director could help. No help here, apparently. This also reinforces by belief that The Stupids is a work of genius, because its apparently not that easy to be ridiculously zany, but still be genuinely funny.
November 18, 2012
It didn't take long to realise what this film was based on. Saying that, if you're into the Marx brothers kind of humour then you might like this. It's ok but far from being really funny.
October 7, 2012
Critics usually suck and they prove it again here. Mindless stupidity sells! Don't like to see yourselves on screen?

I see next to no connection to the Marx Brothers' movie but who cares?

The musical number in the jail cell is professional, moving, high caliber talent on display
July 6, 2012
you've never seen classic comedy like this!
June 20, 2012
Directed by Dennis Dugan, (who has since worked with Adam Sandler), and written by Pat Proft (The Naked Gun (1988)) and produced by David and Jerry Zucker This remake of A Night at the Opera (1935), was intended to be a new series of films by Paramount, after glowing test-screenings, but when the Zuckers left Paramount under a dark cloud, Paramount dumped it. Shame, as it's actually a very funny comedy with some great gags. Widow Lillian Oglethorpe (Nancy Marchand) wishes to honour her late husbands wish of forming a ballet company, and she gets her lawyer Roland T. Flakfizer (John Turturro) to handle the deal, but he finds himself at loggerheads with Oglethorpe's late husband's lawyer Edmund Lazlo (John Savident). Flakfizer has help from Oglethorpe's handyman Jacques (Bob Nelson) and cab driver Rocco (Mel Smith), and they try to obtain the world's greatest ballet dancer "The Great Volare" (George de la Pena), but Lazlo wants to discredit Flakfizer, and expose him for the cheat he really is, chasing ambulances and twisting cases. But, Flakfizer, Jacques and Rocco won't be beaten. It has some hilarious moments, and it has a great trio of Turturro, Nelson and Smith as the would be Marx Brothers, and it's fun seeing Savident (Fred Elliot in Coronation Street) as the slimey, posh baddie. It's a shame it died on release, as it's far funnier than a lot of the comedies that were out around the time this came out. It's got cult classic written all over it.
½ June 10, 2012
Very silly Marx Brothers remake/update with a few dumb laughs.
April 20, 2012
A hit and miss madcap parody that echoes the 3 Stooges more than the Marx Brothers.
February 13, 2012
One of my all time greatest favorite films of all time!
November 10, 2011
Nice tribute to the Marx Brothers though many may either 1.) Not understand its style or 2.) Feel it's not classic Marx Brothers
October 28, 2011
One of my favorite comedies ever. Ever since I was a kid, have always lost it to the part when the dogs come on stage heh.
June 8, 2011
Was a great trio wish they had done more
½ June 4, 2011
A bizarre attempt to re-do the Marx Brothers, but actually pretty darn good.
½ May 13, 2011
I think everyone should experience this movie atleast once in their lifetime. Delivers one lines and in my opinion has one of the funniest scenes of all time at a ballet preformance. Very, very underrated and somewhat unknown comedy