Brainsmasher...A Love Story Reviews

• Feb 09, 2014

The Diceman is not for everyone, but I enjoy his corny accent and over the top comedy. Here he pairs with the hot, young Teri Hatcher in an action movie taking on Shaolin Monks (basically Chinese Ninjas) to prevent them from world domination. Hijinx ensue. Short and watchable but not believable in the least.

• Dec 10, 2013

Albert Pyun is a friend and an inspiration. His ability to create pure entertainment with low budget films is flawless, and none more so than this hilarious kung fu parody, rom-com with the loud mouthed Andrew Dice-Clay and Teri Hatcher. Hardly stopping fo a breath, Brain Smasher is solid entertainment, with some inventive camera work and fun action scenes. A hidden gem in the world of fantasy... See it!

• Feb 14, 2013

We are not ninjas! This movie, unsurprisingly, makes no sense, but it has some truly hilarious moments. These masked evil monks want to eat a flower, and are really violent with some innocent musicians, so Teri Hatcher enlists the protection of Andrew Dice Clay. The whole crew crashes through a dozen or so balsa wood doors, and there are a couple pretty intense walking chase battles. The film also features "Queen Kong" in the memorable role of Bertha. I don't know how this obtained financing, crew, or actors, but I'm reasonably glad it did.

• Sep 03, 2012

A silly film that is fun and entertaining despite itself. Hatcher is hot.

A silly film that is fun and entertaining despite itself. Hatcher is hot.

• Jul 14, 2012

While certainly a B movie, it's not as horrible as one would imagine. Some of the acting is decent and there are quite a few cleverly funny moments.

• Jul 01, 2010

Mildly amusing 'chase' tale of monks chasing a supermodel and a bouncer through Portland to obtain a flower whose ingestion will imbue one with 'ultimate power'. A little bit of "don't judge a book by its cover". I thoroughly dislike Andrew Dice Clay, so I guess I must like Teri Hatcher a lot. This film has what may be the worst soundtrack of all-time.

• Feb 18, 2009

This is the last relevant thing that Clay ever did. There were some very funny scenes in this.

• Aug 23, 2008

at times funny to watch

at times funny to watch

• Jun 23, 2008

A great lost gem that oozes cheesy action comedy goodness! A role for the "Diceman" that equals his performance in THE ADVENTURES OF FORD FAIRLANE. Funny action sequences that keep you rolling. This poor man's BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA is a guilty pleasure of mine. Check out one of my favorites, you might actually love it!!

• Mar 31, 2008