Brave - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Brave Reviews

½ February 14, 2017
Brave is my least favorite Pixar movie, it's just fine
½ February 11, 2017
Definitely not Pixar's best and probably one of their worst. The story is very cliche. The characters are not very likeable. The part that really threw me off was when Elinor gets turned into a bear. Also how did the three little boys get turned back into humans at the end of the film? The best thing about this movie is the cinematography. A very good looking animated movie.
½ January 21, 2017
Should've been a DCOM (Disney Channel Original Movie) because this premise is the same as everything else they show.
½ January 13, 2017
This movie was not as great as I hoped but hay some parts where silly in this movie, I laughed at some of the movie. I do like how they where using bow and arrows that was interesting I thought. So it's just a ok movie.
December 26, 2016
A decent addition to the Pixar playlist. Some nice jokes and a few endearing characters. The animation continues to impress as Pixar just gets better and better. The movement of fur, hair and water is mesmerising and it's hard to believe that you are looking at computer graphics. I think the story could've done with more work but it moves along at a steady pace and is fairly engaging. I prefer some of the others over this but I did enjoy.
December 22, 2016
The animation and the main protagonist may be gorgeous, but the story is a derivative retelling of Brother Bear and the characters themselves aren't very likable at all. Did not deserve to win an Oscar or a Golden Globe over Wreck-It Ralph.
½ November 24, 2016
I am Merida, firstborn descendant of Clan Dunbroch. And I'LL be shooting FOR MY OWN HAND!
October 17, 2016
A truly 'Brave' cartoon movie... The movie flamboyantly tells the viewers to focus more on reaching your likes and dreams and not on pushing and pimping your own daughter to have her own love partner...
September 30, 2016
Great main character and good role model for girls.Movie feels more historic than many movies that take place in medieval times. The other clan leaders were used as a comedy what i didn't like. But this movie is a good family movie.
September 27, 2016
Another Pixar gem ??
September 25, 2016
I watched it even though I heard that a lot of people said it wasn't that good. I said to myself, "It can't be that bad." But I was disappointed. I guess I expected it to be about wars and adventures. At least that's how I felt it would be like based on the commercials. But instead, we have a soft story about her mom and her. It definitely could have been better. The beginning was really great, but when the main storyline kicked in, I was just disappointed.
½ September 13, 2016
Just alright. Felt like more of a straight forward "classic Disney" princess story and not quite as impressive as Pixar's past releases. But bears are pretty neat!
September 9, 2016
I don't even know where to start! This movie breaks the template structure of animation that both Pixar and Disney put out year after year. A unique story of a unique girl, standing strong to prove her beliefs, and refusing to get married, because that is what you're supposed to do! Such a powerful role model for young girls, and mothers of girls with an opinion!
September 9, 2016
The most disappointing animated film I've seen. Apparently, being a strong female character and disrespecting your elders and whining a lot are the same thing. And once her mom was turned into a bear, the bitch didn't even care until she was gonna die! This movie had potential, but it just turned into basic Disney feminist propaganda without a lesson to learn from it.
½ September 2, 2016
Not Pixar's best
But MUCH MUCH BETTER Than The pile of Crap Known as Cars 2
August 17, 2016
Even though it has good animation,it still gives us a boring and predictable plot, terrible characters,a cliché style of music, & humor that's almost nonexistent. I consider this Pixar's worst movie,yes,much worse than Cars 2!
August 9, 2016
While it doesn't exactly hit as well as films like Finding Nemo or Inside Out, Brave is still, in my opinion, one of the greatest Pixar films. While some characters and scenes are executed oddly, the film still makes up for those minor mistakes in the end. You also may think that Elinor being transformed into a bear may have been weird, it is actually brilliant and crucial to the beauty found in this film that some people are too blind to see.
In the end, Brave is by far the greatest animation that Pixar has produced even over The Good Dinosaur's outstandingly breathtaking scenery in 2015. It doesn't hold up as strong as Monsters, Inc. or Finding Dory, but it is still a beautiful film with so much heart in it that it's shocking that people can't see its beauty.
½ August 2, 2016
In recent days, Pixar seem to be cautious drivers: unable to decide whether to hit the accelerator or slam on the brakes. Brave's intricate plot and surprisingly swift action sequences can't disguise the many flaws in-lased within it. But then, it doesn't claim to be Pixar's best, or indeed best animated of the year: just passable. More of a slowing down, rather than a grind to a halt.
Verdict: B-
½ July 27, 2016
Brave is undoubtedly entertaining and fun in moments. But as far as the story goes, it's nothing new and just plain "meh". Pixar improved on Cars 2 that's for sure, but they needed something better in my opinion. It's entertaining at least.
Score: 7/10 (Good).