Brave - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Brave Reviews

November 29, 2017
Good Scottish movie. Loved this film. Great animation. Good heroes.
October 18, 2017
Well. It funny to me l saw this movie at almost a Week. it already came out Five year ago.? but l watch it, felt me more Forget everything plot was Complicated to follow. even those Innuendo, Character were Development. even Animation was fine but l just hopper by this idea. l'm not fan of this flick. Wreck-it is much better film and should hold to fans.
½ October 16, 2017
Fun movie. My beautiful wife is a redhead that is tough and sweet and beautiful all wrapped up in a single package. She is a real life Merida.
½ October 3, 2017
There is nothing wrong with this film, it's just not quite what we've become used to with Pixar.
October 1, 2017
Least fave Pixar Film. Still better than most. Picks up after the first half hour.
September 22, 2017
Brave, Pixar's dark-ish fairy tale, is a very beautifully animated addition to the Pixar and Disney family. Merida is gorgeously animated, and I just love how she's not a typical princess. Instead, she's really just like any other teens right now. And the mother-daughter-relationship is just simply flawless. Overall, it's a must-see.
September 18, 2017
A funny and very cute movie. It's nice to see a break away from the Disney princess norm and to see a rebellious side to it all. The art and visuals in this movie were really beautiful to look at. The different fairy tale ideas, like the wisp and the mother/bear situation were also very refreshing to watch.

Great Disney princess movie!
September 6, 2017
I guess as a Pixar film, its kind of a mix bag. The reason I give it 3 stars instead of 2 in a half is that I did enjoy this more than some of other Pixar's like the Cars trilogy, Monsters University, The Good Dinosaur, and A Bug's Life.
September 3, 2017
So I have seen this movie I like how they do archery but as far as the movie goes I didn't find it to be entertaining it was just ok.
½ August 10, 2017
This movie certainly is something different from Pixar. You wouldn't really think that it would be from this studio, but you know what? It really is. And after watching this movie, I thought it was a good movie. However, I will say this right now, it definitely is not up there with Pixar's other movies. The story is rather cliche, simply because it's about a mother daughter relationship that we've seen before. Mind you it was one done right, because it had several touching moments, but I personally had something else in mind when going into this movie. This also must be the reason why a lot of people say this movie is disappointing. The animation though was impressive and because of this, it makes the movie very atmospheric, most notably whenever Merida would be inside the forest. The characters are pretty enjoyable I would say. They make for some very funny moments that occur throughout the movie, especially Merida's mischievous little brothers. The biggest problem with the movie I would say is the whole war between the three groups of warriors. It just seemed very unnecessary to me and I really didn't know what purpose it really served. Sure it also served for some funny moments, but when looking at it from a story perspective, what purpose did it really serve? I was very confused by all of this, and there just should have been more backstory to the three groups of warriors. The same can also be said about the witch. Literally all she is there for is to place the curse on Elinor, and I really really was disappointed by the fact that that's all she does in the movie. Out of all characters in this movie, the witch is definitely the most dissapointing one in my opinion. There's no backstory, nothing else about the witch. When going into this movie, I knew that there were a lot of people who were very disappointed by it, and I'm not going to lie, I was a bit disappointed too, but not super disappointed by it. Sure there are a few disappointments I have with the movie, but it's certainly not something terrible, or even bad for that matter. I'd give this anything around 7 or 7.5 out of 10. It really does not compare to anything like Wreck-It-Ralph. While I was expecting more from this movie, I still enjoyed it. I mean, I would take anything like this right after Cars 2 ANY DAY.
August 4, 2017
Brave is certainly a diferent movie for Pixar, feel more like a Disney fairy tale.
But still the irreverance and personality brought by Merida, as an independent woman who's not interested in relationships but more in finding her own hapiness is great. Pixar does it again with a stunning animation, soundtrack and a interesting mother-daughter story that brought some touching scenes to the screen. Recomend to all!

|It's a 7,8 out of 10|
July 21, 2017
Brave is an unusual Pixar entry, still being aimed at families and offering plenty of positive messages, but it's also deep and actually quite eerie and dark.
July 15, 2017
A decent addition to the Pixar playlist. Some nice jokes and a few endearing characters. The animation continues to impress as Pixar just gets better and better. The movement of fur, hair and water is mesmerising and it's hard to believe that you are looking at computer graphics. I think the story could've done with more work but it moves along at a steady pace and is fairly engaging. I prefer some of the others over this but I did enjoy.
½ July 11, 2017
So far the only Pixar film I didn't like. The plot and characters are cliche beyond belief and the comedy is strangely lowbrow. Granted, things pick up by a good margin in the third act, but this is Pixar. They're better than this.
June 25, 2017
Merida's actions can be a bit much but the message is a worthwhile one.
June 18, 2017
Esta é a primeira vez narrativamente que a Pixar não se preocupou em colocar o argumentos sobre bases solidas. Eu não sei qual é o problema, talvez eles só pensaram que ter uma jovem protagonista de belos cabelos ruivos seria suficiente. A parte gráfica é impecável, mas o roteiro é vago, as vezes ocioso.
June 12, 2017
I'll admit, no, it's not up to par with other Pixar movies, but I still liked this more than Monsters University, Cars, and Cars 2. Good job, Pixar. You redeemed yourselves after Cars 2.
May 30, 2017
A fairly standard princess tale following the standard, successful ideas that have always worked...without presenting any new ones to rise above.
May 9, 2017
Even though it has good animation,it still gives us a boring and predictable plot, terrible characters,a cliché style of music, & humor that's almost nonexistent. I consider this Pixar's worst movie,yes,much worse than Cars 2!
April 22, 2017
One of Pixar's worst movies in my opinion. The story isn't that good and I think some of the trailers were very misleading. I don't understand how this movie is about being brave?