Brave - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Brave Reviews

½ November 24, 2016
I am Merida, firstborn descendant of Clan Dunbroch. And I'LL be shooting FOR MY OWN HAND!
October 17, 2016
A truly 'Brave' cartoon movie... The movie flamboyantly tells the viewers to focus more on reaching your likes and dreams and not on pushing and pimping your own daughter to have her own love partner...
September 30, 2016
Great main character and good role model for girls.Movie feels more historic than many movies that take place in medieval times. The other clan leaders were used as a comedy what i didn't like. But this movie is a good family movie.
September 27, 2016
Another Pixar gem ??
September 25, 2016
I watched it even though I heard that a lot of people said it wasn't that good. I said to myself, "It can't be that bad." But I was disappointed. I guess I expected it to be about wars and adventures. At least that's how I felt it would be like based on the commercials. But instead, we have a soft story about her mom and her. It definitely could have been better. The beginning was really great, but when the main storyline kicked in, I was just disappointed.
½ September 13, 2016
Just alright. Felt like more of a straight forward "classic Disney" princess story and not quite as impressive as Pixar's past releases. But bears are pretty neat!
September 9, 2016
I don't even know where to start! This movie breaks the template structure of animation that both Pixar and Disney put out year after year. A unique story of a unique girl, standing strong to prove her beliefs, and refusing to get married, because that is what you're supposed to do! Such a powerful role model for young girls, and mothers of girls with an opinion!
September 9, 2016
The most disappointing animated film I've seen. Apparently, being a strong female character and disrespecting your elders and whining a lot are the same thing. And once her mom was turned into a bear, the bitch didn't even care until she was gonna die! This movie had potential, but it just turned into basic Disney feminist propaganda without a lesson to learn from it.
½ September 2, 2016
Not Pixar's best
But MUCH MUCH BETTER Than The pile of Crap Known as Cars 2
August 17, 2016
Even though it has good animation,it still gives us a boring and predictable plot, terrible characters,a cliché style of music, & humor that's almost nonexistent. I consider this Pixar's worst movie,yes,much worse than Cars 2!
August 9, 2016
While it doesn't exactly hit as well as films like Finding Nemo or Inside Out, Brave is still, in my opinion, one of the greatest Pixar films. While some characters and scenes are executed oddly, the film still makes up for those minor mistakes in the end. You also may think that Elinor being transformed into a bear may have been weird, it is actually brilliant and crucial to the beauty found in this film that some people are too blind to see.
In the end, Brave is by far the greatest animation that Pixar has produced even over The Good Dinosaur's outstandingly breathtaking scenery in 2015. It doesn't hold up as strong as Monsters, Inc. or Finding Dory, but it is still a beautiful film with so much heart in it that it's shocking that people can't see its beauty.
½ August 2, 2016
In recent days, Pixar seem to be cautious drivers: unable to decide whether to hit the accelerator or slam on the brakes. Brave's intricate plot and surprisingly swift action sequences can't disguise the many flaws in-lased within it. But then, it doesn't claim to be Pixar's best, or indeed best animated of the year: just passable. More of a slowing down, rather than a grind to a halt.
Verdict: B-
½ July 27, 2016
Brave is undoubtedly entertaining and fun in moments. But as far as the story goes, it's nothing new and just plain "meh". Pixar improved on Cars 2 that's for sure, but they needed something better in my opinion. It's entertaining at least.
Score: 7/10 (Good).
July 24, 2016
Hard to get into with some immature jokes.
½ July 18, 2016
This film was just ok it wasn't that good and it wasn't that bad
½ July 17, 2016
Brave is a okay original film not the best Pixar has done but it's much better than the first Cars & A Bug's Life. This film had a okay story with average characters, some good music and songs set in Scotland & the animation is so beautiful it looks even more realistic than the other Pixar films.
The problems with the film was mostly cause of it's trailers. The trailers showed the film being a action packed film starting a female being the adventurist and fighting a bear. But it turns out to be a film about a story of a mother trying to get along with her daughter oh and the mother turns into a bear from a spell the daughter makes from a which so the trailers were misleading which is a disappointment.
Brave isn't a bad movie but's not a good movie as well so it's a okay movie. I give Pixar's Brave a 7.5 out of 10 not the best Pixar has done but no way as hell the worst they have done.
July 17, 2016
Ah yes, the old bait and switch. Don't let the trailers fool you - this is not about an epic Scottish Warrior Princess who awesomely defends a kingdom. This is about some people who get turned into bears.
July 15, 2016
From the trailers, this film promised to be something like an epic from Disney's own Pixar Studios: a story that could rival the visual greatness and complex tragedy from films such as "The Lion King" and "The Prince of Egypt". But in the end, I was left with a predictable story and a, somewhat, lacking depth of character. While the visuals still do succeed and impress, they are not used to their fullest potential. And with a cliched story and boring characters, this is probably one of Pixar's biggest disappointments. And even then, when I say disappointment, I mean that it's really an "average" film in comparison to much bigger cinematic disappointments. It can, nevertheless, entertain and does offer a few great things here and there. The potential for a greater film can be felt just by watching this, but in the end, it's nothing more than a slightly above average film, with amazing visuals and music, but average storytelling and character development.
July 11, 2016
It's about time we had an animated movie with a mom daughter relationship, and Pixar nailed it. While previously panned for its somewhat lack of female characters, the golden studio made a movie that not only passed the bechtal test with flying colours but made a fine film too.