The Brave Little Toaster - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Brave Little Toaster Reviews

November 28, 2016
I haven't seen this in about 17 years, and it's a bizarre concept, but I still have warm memories of this flick.
October 8, 2016
This movie is way better than you'd ever expect. The dialogue is cringe, but the atmosphere is handled so beautifully, and the subtle themes are fairly compelling.
September 6, 2016
5/5. One of my favorite movies when I was a kid and it still holds up well. But this movie is really disturbing and dark. I can't believe it's rated G. But it's really a phenomenal movie that goes places that kids movies today don't dare tread.
July 19, 2016
5/5 I don't care how old you are, this film is a masterpiece.
May 22, 2016
"An Adorable Adventure That Kids Will Treasure!"-Chicago Sun-Times, that quote could not be MORE true, this was one of my favorite movies as a child and it holds up pretty well now that I'm an adult. the comedic character interactions, the slapstick, the feeling of adventure are ALL perfect! This film is a prime example of the line "never judge a book by it's cover" which in this case don't judge a film by it's poster. I totally recommend this film for kids AND adults.
April 12, 2016
I loved this movie growing up! ONE OF MY FAVORITES AS A KID!
½ March 4, 2016
Every child of the eighties has a soft spot in their heart for The Brave Little Toaster. It brings back fond memories. (First viewing - Childhood)
February 5, 2016
There's a lot of nostalgia in this rating but this is also a genuinely overlooked classic. Despite an initial premise fit for 3-year-olds, it's an odd and depressing but ambitious animated feature dealing with adult themes. It's very grown up(almost existential) with a lot of very quiet and reserved moments. The music is catchy, the characters are varied and interesting and the themes are poignant.
January 29, 2016
This can be a good movie for kids the brave Little toaster is about finding their master so they go out in the world and try to find him which they do find him. But this movie could teach you about teamwork because they worked as a team to find their master and the persevered through the hard times of being out in the wild.
½ January 16, 2016
There's really no reason this film should have worked. And yet these appliances each had character and an audience connection, so you felt what they felt in joy, sadness and fear. Plenty of adventure and peril, but also very cute and classic. As some put it, its "the original Toy Story". Lot of strange weird bizarre and creepy visuals, making it a really mature children's movie...that's also for adults.
October 30, 2015
Inanimate objects are all sentient? This concept gets more depressing the more you think about it. (In?)famously weird and sometimes dark, this cartoon scared the crud out of me at a few points as a kid, but at the same time it's cute, original, and basically competent. It's just an odd duck of a cartoon but reasonably solid.
September 15, 2015
Thoughtful, heartfelt, and surprisingly dark and at times even frightening, The Brave Little Toaster is an animated classic in a class all its own.
August 12, 2015
A very nostalgic hidden gem for Disney. TBLT goes to show that the folks from Pixar were always gifted from the very beginning.
July 5, 2015
This movie is about an idea that seems so simple, 5 appliances go on an adventure to find their master, seems pretty ridiculous, but after watching this movie, it's nothing less than a enjoyable, funny adventure film with cute and awesome characters, a interesting plot line, great music, and suprisingly has charm to it. This is a fun Disney classic to watch with the whole family.
June 27, 2015
Still as good as you remember it! If you don't remember it, you sould definately watch it!
½ June 4, 2015
Extremely underrated and original.
½ November 5, 2014
This is one of those movies that will stick with you for a long while. In my case, this movie was in the back of my mind for roughly 9 years until I watched it again, and it was just as great as I remembered it being, and even more, since I understood the little bits and pieces that made no sense (or I simply didn't notice) the first time I watched this movie.

One thing that stood out to me is how dark this movie was. This was quite prominent during the "Worthless" scene, as you saw cars getting crushed. When I was a kid, this scene didn't bother me that much (though me and my sister both had nightmares about that bloody magnet), but when I rewatched the movie, I realized what was really happening, and it creeps me out a bit more now than it did before. Also, *cough cough* Air Conditioner scene *cough cough*.

The constant "fake-death" and "near death" scenes did, however, start to get a little bit repetitive, and it seemed like there was never much break between climaxes, which started to wear on my attention span (and popcorn bag).

One thing that I was thoroughly impressed with was how Disney managed to pull off having 5 main characters, and utilizing them in the best way possible. All of the characters were unique in their own way, allowing the viewer to decide who they liked the most, and the characters were all equally important to the story, to the point that the viewer's favorite could seem like the main character to them, even when if it wasn't Toaster.

The animation was nothing short of Disney greatness. There were a few situations where events made no logical sense, but pretty much all of those situations were nitpicking, and wouldn't be noticed by children watching this movie, so I won't hold them against this movie.

The songs were pretty memorable (heck, the music was ultimately what prompted me to rewatch this movie), catchy, and all around pretty great. Not sure there's much more I can say about that, really.

In all, I really enjoyed this movie. The constant action got a bit tiring after a while, and the movie seemed a bit dark for a kid's movie, but the positives of the movie vastly outweighed the negatives for me. I would suggest this movie to pretty much everybody. Now if only Netflix will get it together and get this movie.
October 21, 2014
The single greatest movie ever made. If you have not seen this film, you're not living life to the fullest.
½ July 29, 2014
The concept of talking household appliances is nowhere near as cute or fun as its creators' had hoped.