The Brave One - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Brave One Reviews

August 16, 2014
(First and only viewing - In my early twenties)
August 11, 2014
it's jodie! got to support! the story plot seems.. urhmm!
½ August 8, 2014
How does someone who has never shot a gun before start killing people across the city and then runs away from each murder? What information did the little girl have? It was such a big deal at the beginning and it was never mentioned what she knew. Farfetched and too many plot holes. I also got to wondering how many black jackets Jodie Foster's character owns since she throws one away after almost every murder.
July 25, 2014
Another Jodie Foster masterpiece. Her performance is exemplary as well as Terrance Howard who plays Detective Mercer. It's much more than a revenge shooter who goes around knocking off low-lifes. The plot is very well constructed, never slows down with menial nothingness that plagues a lot of films. All the scenes have a defined purpose, and the ending will leave you thinking.
½ July 6, 2014
Gritty and gruesome but a tad far fetched!
June 19, 2014
Très bon, mais légèrement prévisible.
June 17, 2014
Possibly inspired by the backstory of The Dark Knight, Neil Jordan's vengeance drama would have been reduced to pulp fiction if not for Jodie Forster's heartbreaking portrayal of an accidental vigilante.
May 28, 2014
it's tooo... odd #sorry
½ May 23, 2014
This is an edge of your seat kind of movie! Very good performances.
½ May 14, 2014
Formula vigilante tale
April 16, 2014
There is not enough momentum here to the lead to the film to its powerful ending, though Foster is extraordinary, as well as Howard.
March 21, 2014
NOT your typical revenge flick; If "Deathwish" had been made for grown ups rather than 14 year old boys.
February 27, 2014
So this is just the story of Iris from Taxi Driver grown up, right?
February 19, 2014
2014-02-19 watched for 2nd time, still very good
February 19, 2014
Ok the movie isn't so realistic nor plausible but the real world isn't always. The film is well played and directed, the story got my immediate attention and kept it till the end... as a movie fan I liked it very much. Anyway a movie is not meant to please the critics but the public so damn the critics and enjoy.
½ February 9, 2014
"Il buio nell'anima"
February 6, 2014
I really didn't watch this but IT was made by one of my favorite directors so I did. Its got real interesting moments but overall its a pretty shit film.
½ January 25, 2014
It appears to be something that should've been really good but it wasn't.
January 15, 2014
I liked this one a lot. Enjoyed Terence Howard's detective character and also Naveen Andrews in his small role as the boyfriend. Foster can be a bit much at times although she was perfect for this role. The cat and mouse game between her and Howard is well done and suspenseful. It was also nice to see this (remake) use a woman as the vigilante. A couple of times I actually yelled "yes" when she smoked one of the bad guys. The opening attack is brutal and the ending with the dog almost had me in tears. It's the dogs that get me every time. 03.13 (2)
December 27, 2013
My Favorite Action Film Is 1988's Die Hard.