The Break-Up Reviews

• Sep 03, 2019

Kind of what you'd expect from a Jennifer Aniston movie. The plot is two incompatible people quickly grow to hate each other, then nothing really happens after that. They bicker, they get petty revenge on each other. Most of the movie is filler that the author though was clever. The man is in the wrong of course and the woman is perfect.

• Jul 19, 2019

This was one of the saddest movies I have ever seen. Save yourself all the bad feelings and stay away from this movie. The worst part is the movie is full of great actors. If they were going for romantic comedy they missed it. There was nothing remotely funny about this movie.

• May 25, 2019

A fairly cynical rom-dram-com, The Break-Up is kind of sloppy and mean, but also maybe slightly underrated? Creepy politics aside, Vince Vaughan IS capable of a strong dramatic performance, and he demonstrates it here (re-teamed up with his Swingers buddy Jon Favreau for some reason). But by far the person who steals the show is Jennifer Aniston, whose acting chops have probably never been put to better use than here. I take issue with Vince Vaughan's appeal, or lack thereof, but otherwise this is a solid movie.

• Feb 16, 2019

A rom-com in total, exaggerated reverse like a battle of the witty sexes with the passionate meaning intact but only because the whole thing was ridiculous from the start, which might be a positive effect to reasonably give you the mental urge to break up with it. (C)

• Jan 29, 2019

This movie refreshing strays away from the norms of a typical ï¿ 1/2~rom-comï¿ 1/2(TM). Vince & Jennifer have good chemistry, spar off each other in the movie and keep it moving at a decent pace. I particularly liked the ending (SPOILER ALERT) and that it didnï¿ 1/2(TM)t conform to the ï¿ 1/2~happy-ever-after-together-foreverï¿ 1/2(TM) ending usually given. It reflected the real issues of break-ups often found in life, but adding some humour along the way to avoid the film being a truely accurate, depressing portrayal!

• Jan 20, 2019

Love Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. Hilarious duo.

Love Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. Hilarious duo.

• Dec 29, 2018

My boyfriend and I really buoyed this movie.

My boyfriend and I really buoyed this movie.

• Dec 01, 2018

I lived this life and Ill tell you if you were a person ever involved in this type of situation then youd know that this movie was funny and pretty close to what really happens to people this movie made me think of my life

• Nov 06, 2018

This film was unwatchable.

This film was unwatchable.

• Aug 17, 2018

An all time favorite romantic comedy. The characters organically portray all too real scenario in relationships.