Breakfast of Champions - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Breakfast of Champions Reviews

January 1, 2016
The Material is top shelf from a master but the visual execution is messy wich makes it exhausting but always mesmerizing and really worth your time. If not, at least read the book.
½ October 11, 2014
I guess reading the actual novel makes y look at this movie differently, it does a good job of
representing the book wich i find great because its not that easy a book to screenplay because of all the refrences to previous books by Vonnegut.
For short not to mis if your a Vonnegut fan
September 14, 2014
A anos queria ver este filme, quando finalmente consigo assistir, não gostei.
As atuações são fantásticas, mas o roteiro não consegue segurar absolutamente nada. Filmes loucos já vi um monte, fã de David Lynch e Gillian, mas loucura por loucura, faça bem feito, chega a ser tedioso passar mais de 15 minutos acordado vendo este filme. Devo ter assistido em 3 dias no todo. Chato demais.
½ February 16, 2014
Disjointed and unbearable!
December 28, 2013
Breakfast Of Champions is boring with no redeeming qualities to speak of. (First and only viewing - Late 2003)
November 7, 2013
Completely butchers the book and manages to take the context of the book almost completely out of tone.
October 24, 2013
Believe it or not...this was one of the better movies that came out in 1999. That was a terrible year for movies all over. I've never read the book but I enjoy very bizarre quirky out there movies,such as this. Anyone who rates this a half star while slurping Magnolia needs to suck on the end of a semi auto. This was actually entertaining and moved along at a very nice pace unlike the 4 hour almost, shittastic Magnolia.
½ August 27, 2013
Just watched this fiasco; everybody played their parts very well especially Nolte and Finney and Willis played the nut job well enough but I don't think any Kurt Vonnegut fan is going to like this film.
August 6, 2013
Everyone involved here (the director, the writer, the cast) seems to have been tripping on acid during the making of this. Oddly, it's what's both stupid and slightly appealing about the movie.
August 4, 2013
This is where I say that the book is way better than the movie. The movie version is somewhat of a train wreck but is a little interesting.
May 28, 2013
Anybody who has not read or understood the book will absolutely hate this; the last 20 minutes of the film/last pages of the book are by far its saving grace.
January 26, 2013
A dadaist masterpiece, should probably be open to higher channels of thinking to watch.
January 22, 2013
This movie is magical. Captures the book REALLY well and I LOVE the book. Very nice tribute to one of the best novels ever written.
½ January 17, 2013
They would have saved a lot of money if they defecated directly upon the book instead. Apparently Bruce Willis spent approximately $1 million of his own money to help excrete this cheap adaptation of a wonderful book.
December 7, 2012
Could be worth watching. Will find and devour with my eyes!
bbcfloridabound
½ September 21, 2012
Want to watch a movie with no point, this is it. Can't believe Bruce Willis would stoop so low as to do this film, did he really think this was going to be a hit. 0 stars It Sucked/ 9-15-12
June 27, 2012
While the film has its head in the right direction, it is far too much of a mess to be anything good. The acting is all over the place, the direction is disjointed, and parts of it are simply poorly done in all aspects. Alan Rudolph isn't a bad director, but some of the liberties he took with Vonnegut's novel are confusing, such as having Celia Hoover remain alive, or changing the nature of several characters, not to mention the ending. The only consistently good aspect of the film is Albert Finney's portrayal of Kilgore Trout. This film could have been so much more, but instead tried to be too quirky instead of giving the film anything resembling substance.
February 8, 2012
I watched until I saw a clip from the City of Twin Falls. Then I switched it off.
December 2, 2011