Breakin' All the Rules - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Breakin' All the Rules Reviews

½ August 26, 2016
A romantic comedy with good looking leads (Foxx, Union, Chestnut, Esposito, and Lawson), some farcical complications involving relationship break-ups, but not very intelligently written.
June 19, 2015
where i can see it? the trailer was dope!
September 12, 2014
As Jamie Foxx made his move toward acclaimed dramatic roles (the FX tv movie Redemption, Collateral and Ray) about a decade ago, we immediately forget that he participated in this romantic comedy in early 2004. He and Gabrielle Union made attractive leads and the film is harmless from what I remembered, just not as funny from what I remembered.
½ August 26, 2014
Quirky film that has its funny parts but will keep you laughing for a while. Good comedy and steady pace with well planned storyline.
½ December 23, 2013
Foxx can act and Union is gorgeous but Breakin' All The Rules is rather boring and other than one or two smirks really has nothing worth watching.
July 21, 2013
the white critics really show how racist they are, this movie is well written, produced, has great acting and is fun from beginning to end. but it gets horrible ratings because the cast is black. thank goodness the fans show the truth.
½ July 12, 2013
predictable romantic\dramatic comedy. the story line was good and the acting was decent but it seems all too familiar. a gopd one to watch when you need a break from your usual routine.
May 30, 2013
it was good. I liked it
May 27, 2013
Breakin' all the rules is a very good romantic comedy. For those who are looking for drama and action, this is not the movie for you. But, it is a very entertaining romantic comedy.
½ March 17, 2013
Fans of Fox will enjoy it.
January 28, 2013
Breakin' All the Rules presents the worst part about dating (never mind that it's a stupid concept): that some people believe there are rules, or make up their own.

If you accept that, all in all, it's a funny movie. The story is inventive, even if there's no big surprise. Jamie Foxx plays a very attaching love broken man, the beautiful Gabrielle Union gives us a nice balancing act of sweet, smart, and upset, and both of them are really hot together. Morris Chestnut is great as a wingman, Jennifer Esposito looks born to play the gold digger, and Peter MacNicol seems to have found the sweet spot of the clueless desperate rich media owner.

Some of the acting is over done a bit, especially the psychotic character played by Bianca Lawson. Jamie seems to push his suave a bit too far at time, just as Morris does.

It's good entertainment if you accept the limitation and the subject.
½ January 27, 2013
it something you can lead to in life .a very good movie
January 5, 2013
this seems like it would be a good movie to watch with your boyfriend and snuggle on the couch to watch
December 7, 2012
Another title killer f off
December 5, 2012
Love romantic comedy's
April 3, 2012
Look@Gabrielle before married 2 D. wade
September 22, 2011
I was very skeptical to watch this movie but found it entertaining and hilarious at time
July 10, 2011
Most underrated romantic comedy.. I'm a sucka for romance.. No homo