Breaking Point - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Breaking Point Reviews

½ October 28, 2012
So a judo master that is stalked by the mob after witnessing a murder gets his revenge by not using his judo to defeat them? Weird. And that judo master is a 6'5'' sweedish man. Even wierder. I do have to say this movie did a great job of building up the tension and frustration of being in a situation where you have to put your family in danger to be a witness against the mob (did that make sense?)

2009 Movies: 34
½ January 11, 2012
After watching Breaking Point I did some reading of outside reviews & people are really harsh to this movie. Personally for a low budget Canadian made revenge flix I thought it was pretty good. Hardly a classic of the genre & not Bob Clark's best work. If you want to split hairs as a follow up to Black Christmas it is fairly weak but it doesn't demand too much out of you & Im always a fan of what Canadian film makers were doing back in the day. Bob Svenson has never been a big name star but he does have screen presence & does add even if his projects aren't always up to par. Laughed my ass off @ Robert Culp who's a cop w/ absolutely no intuition. He basically signed everyone's death warrant trying to hunt his big fish. If I was Svenson I would have come hunting for his ass too just for putting his family's lives in jeopardy
August 11, 2010
Clark's follow up to Black Christmas. Revenge film where the hunted becomes the hunter. May cause you to pause before cooperating with police, as repeated promises and assurances fail. Even witness protection unravels almost instantly.
½ November 17, 2009
Bo Svenson is McBain, who witnesses a mob murder and testifies. Robert Culp is the cop who keeps telling him everything will be alright, and keeps being wrong. A long portion of this film involves McBain going into witness protection, until he is found out and has to take the fight to the mob boss himself. A slow paced revenge film from the 70's directed by Bob Clark. Not by any stretch a "good" movie, but had its moments and was fun to watch. Notable for setting up the hero as a Judo teacher, but he never really uses any Judo against the bad guys. McBain!!!
½ February 17, 2009

2009 Movies: 34
½ September 1, 2008
Breaking Point follows the story of Michael played by Bo Svenson of orignal Walking Tall fame as he is walking home with his step son he witnesses a guy being attacked and killed when he agrees to testify he finds out it was a mob killing and now the mob will stop at nothing to make sure he doesnt go to court with the police unable to help and no amount of hideing keeping his family safe he takes matters into this own hands. Really good 70's thriller in the vein of Death Wish and directed by Bob Clark who was better know for movies Black Christmas and A Christmas Story this really worth checking out.