Breath Reviews

• Jun 30, 2020

I loved this movie. The book was amazing and when I heard that Simon Baker was directing and acting in this, it was extremely exciting. The movie is a beautiful coming of age story set against the stunning backdrop of wild Australian scenery.

• Apr 20, 2020

Great coming of age plot.

Great coming of age plot.

• Apr 08, 2020

A movie based on the writing of Tim Winton and didn't disappoint.

A movie based on the writing of Tim Winton and didn't disappoint.

• Jan 08, 2020

This has been described as a beautiful coming of age movie as after developing an interest in surfing, a teenage boy and his friend forge an unlikely friendship with an older surfer. I can see how that might be the case in terms of its cinematography and quiet, contemplative pace, however, its subject matter is uncomfortable at times, most notably its sex scenes between a young teenage boy and an older woman.

• Dec 06, 2019

An Australian coming of age and character study film combined into one makes 'Breath' hard to follow and ever worse boring. It's too long. They may not have had enough dialogue for a short, let alone a feature and there are only so many beautiful ocean and panoramic views one can take. There isn't any meat on the bones here and combine that with a couple bizarre plot twists make this a definite miss. Unfocused and all over the place just incase you stay for the ending beware it doesn't work. Simon Baker stars, edits, directs, produces, and writes what is a clear passion project. It's his directorial debut and let's hope he learns to tighten things up next time around. Final Score: 4.4/10

• Nov 10, 2019

It was definitely an unusual one. But that's what I liked about it. The characters were all so strange. Through every turn I thought something terribly bad was about to happen but it just kept floating in its own peaceful ocean. The story itself was easy to follow and drifted as smoothly as the sea. I couldn't stop watching as I wanted to see what would come of their strange friendship. I am glad I had stayed till the end as It was a really clever movie.

• May 20, 2019

Started off well and got better. Then suddenly the surfing went out the window and a sad end to the story line.

• Mar 17, 2019

Love this movie. So Australian. Masterful use of surfing in the storyline, but itï¿ 1/2(TM)s not a surfing movie. Loved everything about it.

• Feb 13, 2019

A great film which powerfully depicts the transition from childhood to the world of adults and brilliantly interprets Tim Winton's novel.

• Dec 08, 2018

Really enjoyed this. A lot of more under tones going on than i expected...but i had not read anything about it first. Based on true story. Love Simon Baker..always have.