Breathing Fire - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Breathing Fire Reviews

deano
½ April 22, 2007
Amazing and absolutely kickboxing teams brothers go against their father, the mastermind behind a bank robbery. Great action and decent performances as well as Jonathan Ke Quan is really incredible in his fast-packed martial artist since Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom.
March 23, 2016
Good bad martial arts flick, only movie I know to feature Bolo Yeung in a dress. Non-stop fight scenes keep the awful acting to a minimal. Hilarious final scene at a kids martial arts tournament, where two teens beat each other nearly to death!
½ June 3, 2004
[font=Helvetica][font=Verdana]I don't know which is more pointless; trying to figure out which of the three directors organized which scenes or actually sitting through an hour and a half of absolute garbage. I'm not going to trash this film as far as "artistic intent" is concerned, but more on the fundamental levels of storyline, character and subplots that are forced upon us. There is no way I would believe this film was carefully planned out. If it was, it wouldn't be this horrible, it'd just be bad.[/font][/font]
March 23, 2016
November 22, 2013
This flick blew my mind it is unreal. The Moore brothers return home from Nam with all limbs intact and an orphaned Vietbanese boy (they name him Charlie hahaha) , who grows up to be Data from The Goonies. It is worth watching for seeing Chong Li from Bloodsport in drag, plus the part where the Mammy's boy henchman breaks down is one of the funniest things, I have ever seen. The soundtrack is immense and Jerry Trimble's tan makes David Dickinson look like an Albino.
½ August 16, 2013
Friday, August 16, 2013

(1991) Breathing Fire
MARTIAL ARTS ACTION

Do you know that little Chinese kid in Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom Indy adopt as Short Round, well he's older now and one of the two stars in this low budget entertaining martial arts movie. This pass is not for the storyline and the acting since it's mediocre as ever but for the well choreographed fights which one of the problems with many martial art films is that they look too fake since upon figthing no one hardly touches with one another. In this one we get to see what some of these characters can do which is obviously too far fetch in real life but at last it's full contact and without the use of any CGI or wiring.
March 25, 2013
So, that's what shortround has been doing all these years...
February 11, 2012
Bolo Yeung is in this, and its great...
November 4, 2009
Bolo Kicked ass in this movie
½ September 13, 2008
A surprisingly good martial arts actioner with fast pace kickboxing!! Watch Bolo Yeung from BLOODSPORT and Ke Huy Quan from THE GOONIES display their martial arts prowess in this chop-socky favorite!
August 31, 2008
An absolute cinematic trainwreck/masterpiece. Not only is Breathing Fire underrated, but it might just be THE best so-bad-it's-good movie ever produced. Eat your heart out Troll 2!
May 29, 2008
amazing, all around. who knew film could be this profound? such talent, out of this world action sequences, mind blowing writing... forget about citizen kane... this is the one...
April 10, 2008
this only has to be the best movie.....ever!! LOL. you gotta love the acting in this movie! a lot of the fight scenes in this flick leave you in awe. LOL! just watch it! If you want to borrow my copy, just ask.... nothing beats Walmart $1 DVDs !!! if you love midgets fighting and ball kicking fight scenes, this is the movie for you
February 17, 2008
watched it as a kid luv it n still do sounds abit gay buts its a awesome o movie
February 11, 2008
The best/worst/best again kung fu movie
½ January 26, 2008
I bought this movie because bolo was in it. It is pretty crappy. I skipped through most of the movie so take my criticism with a grain of salt.
October 20, 2007
it's so bad that it's horribly amazing
July 4, 2007
it has the asian kid from the Goonies and from Indiana Jones and the Temple of doom, and he knows how to kick ass Tae Kwon Do style, i was impressed.
October 16, 2007
great karate movie lot's of action tells how a brother decieved he's on brother
June 23, 2007
Ok, so, first of all, this movie stars Short Round, you know, from Indiana Jones. (For some reason he insists on being called "Johnathon Ke Quan" in the credits of films.) This alone should be enough to get you to watch the movie.

Some may say that the plot in this movie is shallow, but, obviously, they are not looking for the deeper mysteries in the movie. Like, why does David's beard keep disappearing and reappearing, sometimes within the same fight? What is the point of all the phone books and bricks? Wouldn't those bricks just permanently destroy their legs? Why does David look like Tony Hawk?

Seriously, though, watch this movie. It has Short Round.