Bride and Prejudice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bride and Prejudice Reviews

October 11, 2013
I adore musicals, but this was absolutely stupid. The music was way over the line between catchy and obnoxious, and the lyrics were absolutely terrible. I realize it was supposed to be cheesy, but there was nothing whatsoever to back it up and I couldn't sit through it. I gave up after half an hour.
October 5, 2013
In no way this can be like Pride & Prejudice. The movie was very boring, maybe if songs were chopped off would have been better. The only highlight was a 20 seconds from movie where Nagina's bean music is played. Just made me want to quit this film and go watch Sridevi's Nagina.
July 10, 2013
I love the movies so romantic
June 24, 2013
Passable entertainment although you always find it curious that it is the white guy who is treasured above all others.
June 10, 2013
between the dancing and music, it is hard not to like this film.
½ May 11, 2013
Really funny, good movie for the whole family.
April 11, 2013
I absolutely love Jane Austen's work and am always happy to see new and particularly unconventional adaptations. However, I couldn't find anything good about this Bollywood adaptation. While I appreciate when adaptations stay close to the book, this movie was such a close copy of the other Pride and Prejudice movies that it was almost impossible to have any sense of excitement about what is going to happen. Some of the songs are quite bearable but others are a simple pain to the ears. Apart from that they seemed somewhat randomly placed. The actors, in general, were ok. It's just that the story seemed to lack a natural flow, so that even the actor's performances seemed inadequate. What a siappointment.
March 31, 2013
I love this movie so much! I really wanna get it on DVD!
March 21, 2013
It kind of works, but I'd rather have watched Pride and Prejudice and a dedicated Bollywood epic separately.
February 12, 2013
This movie is good in its unique way. Some people may not be pleased because it's different from the original plot of Jane Austen. The chemistry between the leading actors were lacking, but somehow this movie got the romance. It was weird to see such well-known "Pride and Prejudice" in Bollywood and I couldn't stop laughing. It's as if there's a little India in everyone, when they're dancing and singing... Compared to American version of Pride and Prejudice, this movie is way better.
February 4, 2013
It's the Jane Austen story set in India, with a lot of the Bollywood conventions.
January 23, 2013
Not sure if I like Austen as a musical, but the film was definitely entertaining.
December 27, 2012
A cute film that was alrite to watch. it was nothing very memoriable and musicals are very hard to become a film to remember.
December 8, 2012
It's like an English-language Bollywood film. I thought I would like Aishwarya Rai more in it, but I think I just need to see more of her films to compare her acting. Pretty fun, though, all around.
½ December 7, 2012
Makes a fine addition to my collection.
December 4, 2012
Aishwarya Rai.. bad choice in casting. Martin Henderson is absolutely wonderful, though!
½ December 2, 2012
It was really cute. And i enjoyed the musical aspect of it.
½ November 16, 2012
A cheerful and colourful adaptation to a great story, Bride and Prejudice is a humouress but insightful take on a monumental story. Although a little bit overplayed at times, this Bollywood version is another feather to a famous cap. Purists may be a little bit disgruntled but all in all the film was pleasing. Worth a watch, but not particularly memorable.
½ October 31, 2012
i love the music and dancing and the love story in this video.
½ October 31, 2012
"Bride & Prejudice" is a remarkably goofy film that succeeds mainly because it's just so damn entertaining. Great songs, hilarious moments, good performances, beautiful cinematography, fantastic choreography... It's hard not to like this film, I have to admit.