Bridget Jones's Diary - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bridget Jones's Diary Reviews

½ April 14, 2016
A British, female version of the Italian Fantozzi.
As Fantozzi, it is stupid. But unlike Fantozzi, it is not fun. Very boring, indeed.
April 1, 2016
Romantic comedies aren't necessarily my thing but this is an alright film. Renée Zellweger is great as is Colon Firth and High Grant. The script is also quite good and it depicts a single lady in her 30s very well. However I would say it is a laugh out loud comedy because there isn't enough laughs which is frustrating because it could be great.
March 23, 2016
Great chick flick. I think every gir/womanl would feel Bridget's pain in some way or another! Anything that could go wrong for her DOES...well until the end of course!
½ March 21, 2016
Bridget Jone's Diary is a sweet and funny romantic comedy whose predictability is overcome by a charming and hilarious performance from Renée Zellweger on the title role.
March 13, 2016
I found its character development incredibly rushed with the viewer basically expected to feel sympathy for Jones because she faces a life situation countless people do. The relationship between her and Hugh Grant is also rushed, and I couldn't get past its over use of music. Not boring, but certainly not good either.
March 8, 2016
Hilarious! Bridget Jones is such a real and relateable character!!!
½ January 4, 2016
Sloppy, ill-paced, not funny, and predictable (in the bad way). This movie is hard to watch and I almost didn't bother finishing it. How is this considered such a classic?
½ December 27, 2015
Early century British 'rom-com'.
This film epitomises the whole genre that was so successful at the turn of the century. Usually produced by a company such as Working Title and starring as one of the lead actors Hugh Grant as a bumbling Englishman.
The star actress was unknown upon release Rene Zellwegger as thirty something singleton Miss. Bridget Jones who happened to keep a diary of her muddled private life. A private life that is the subject of the film.
Poor Bridget. She is a bit dipsy and has an interesting private life that revolves around her family, her boss (Grant as lethario Daniel Cleaver) and family friend Mark D'Arcy (Colin Firth).
Cleaver and D'Arcy also have a bit of history as....oh its to complicated!
The film boasts some excellent cameo appearances by the most unlikeliest people from a disgraced ex-Conservative peer Lord Archer to Salman Rushdie and Honor Blackman.
The film has a feel good soundtrack to balance moments such as an appalling but hilarious fist fight sequence.
Some memorable one liners and verses are included.
The film spawned a sequel due to its box-office success. Im also reading rumours of a third film?
Working Title meanwhile have moved away from Hugh Grant starring rom-coms to classics such as Fifty Shades Of Grey!
I last saw Grant as a bumbling Englishman still in The Man From U.N.C.L.E. (2015).
#There was a young women from Ealing.....Who had a peculiar feeling.....
½ December 26, 2015
Women relate to this shit???
December 25, 2015
The cast is great, especially the main three of Zellweger, Grant, and Firth, who do their very best to convey a script that always seems to fall just short of what would have set it one step farther than the average rom-com. There are laughs throughout, but the silliness of the script is so fluid it dilutes all of the humor, making the film seem that much more dull.
December 24, 2015
boring movie. Renée is just terrible. vulgar adaptation of pride and prejudice.
November 25, 2015
Ain't no mountain high enough
October 29, 2015
One of my guilty pleasure movies, if you could accuse me of having some. Heartful, ironic and endearing, fitting cast, great pace - it just works.
½ October 3, 2015
I have to say that I'm not usually a lot into British comedies. However, this story started surprising me right from the beginning (litterally, with one of the coolest opening credits scene til Drive), and kept charming throughout the whole movie, thanks to some really good performances full of irony and hilarity.
½ September 7, 2015
Far less grating than I anticipated (it even has it's moments), but still a way too predictable trifle.
September 5, 2015
love it, a movie I can watch again and again
½ September 3, 2015
When this movie started, it was firing on all cylinders. All the jokes were hilarious, I was totally invested in Bridget Jones's story and what she wanted to accomplish. Then, I don't know what happened but I instantly got extremely bored with this movie. I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's because I could predict where this movie was going to go? I'm not sure. I will recommend this movie for date nights but if you are going to watch it by yourself, maybe look elsewhere.
½ August 29, 2015
enjoyably good cast from a non-rom-com watcher. surprised to see a kuwaiti cameo too
½ August 26, 2015
Bridget Jones Diary is a nice funny little film that has a charming female protagonist that you just want to hug.
August 13, 2015
awesome movie i like watching it!!!