Bridget Jones's Diary - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bridget Jones's Diary Reviews

October 11, 2016
A funny movie which is a total classic in the rom com genre.
October 1, 2016
Un personaggio originale e simpatico fa di questo film una commedia leggera ma apprezzabile, che fa sorridere in molte occasioni ed intrattiene senza problemi.
½ September 26, 2016
I can't tell if this movie is really smart or really dumb.
September 25, 2016
Excellent acting by the Zellweger and the supporting cast with a charming yet still feels suitably adult (not to mention very British) plot.
September 18, 2016
A brilliant and hilarious film! Renee is so funny in this role. I took me years to watch this film and I wish I hadn't waited years to watch it. I only decided to after trailers for Bridget Jones's Baby.
September 10, 2016
Great casting of the main leads (especially with Hugh Grant and Colin Firth) and sporadic moments of humor breathe life into a film that is flatly one-dimensional and uninspired.
August 26, 2016
_REWATCH REVIEW_
I've seen Bridget Jones's Diary last time about 5 or 6 years ago and with the new movie coming next month, I decided to rewatch the first two movies to get ready for the third one and to remind myself of the story. I honestly don't remember the movie being so goddamn frustrating. This movie made me angry so many times throughout that I just wanted to take the character(s) by the neck and strangle them. The characters in this movie are all mostly unlikeable. In the first 40 minutes of the movie, the only character that I actually liked was that of Colin Firth, Mark. I found Daniel (Hugh Grant) to be entirely obnoxious and disgusting, I hated him. I love Hugh Grant as an actor and I love his movies, and while his acting here is great, his character is too much of an asshole. The character of Bridget Jones I found utterly annoying at times. She is entertaining at moments, but most of the time I found myself facepalming and cringeing at how she constantly embarasses herself in public. It's a joke that was funny for the first time, it wasn't funny the other 4 times it happened. My favourite part of the movie has to be the fight between Daniel and Mark because it was amazingly satisfying seeing Mark beat Daniel. There aren't that many romantic parts in this movie, but the intimate moments between Mark and Bridget are actually heartwarming and I like their chemistry a lot. The soundtrack was also great, though at moments I felt that there was just too much non-original music. The acting is great, no complaints there. The movie did have me laughing out loud at times, but there are much better rom-coms (Notting Hill, for an example). All in all, this is not a bad movie, just a very frustrating one with mostly unlikeable characters and jokes that tend to get exhausting as you watch more of it. I would recommend only to fans of the main actors and/or the book this was based on.
jamrcla
July 30, 2016
Men shouldn't like this film but it's pretty funny although we all know what's going to happen it's still a pretty good chick flick that men can stand (Just).
½ July 10, 2016
This romantic comedy has Renee Zellweger as the lovable, yet train wreck lead that everyone loves because she's so normal. She's overweight, and drinks and smokes too much. Without Zellweger, this movie could not have lasted a weekend in the box office. She makes the film. Rating: 7 / 10
½ July 9, 2016
Bridget Jones's Diary is a funny film. It is about a British woman who is determined to improve herself while she looks for love. Renee Zellweger, Colin Firth, and Hugh Grant give amazing performances. The screenplay is well written. Sharon Maguire did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the humor and romance. Bridget Jones's Diary is a must see.
May 28, 2016
Better than I expected it to be. Zellweger is a ton of fun.
May 28, 2016
While the story might be conventional, there's no denying Renee Zellweger's performance makes Bridget Jones's story about love sweet and relatable.
April 25, 2016
La adaptación del best-seller de la autora Helen Fielding acerca de una despistada mujer entrada en los 30 en busca del amor, logra, gracias a las actuaciones de Renee Zellwegger, Colin Firth y Hugh Grant, ser un producto entretenido que hace que se perdone el exceso de estrógeno de la historia.
½ April 14, 2016
A British, female version of the Italian Fantozzi.
As Fantozzi, it is stupid. But unlike Fantozzi, it is not fun. Very boring, indeed.
April 1, 2016
Romantic comedies aren't necessarily my thing but this is an alright film. Renée Zellweger is great as is Colon Firth and High Grant. The script is also quite good and it depicts a single lady in her 30s very well. However I would say it is a laugh out loud comedy because there isn't enough laughs which is frustrating because it could be great.
March 23, 2016
Great chick flick. I think every gir/womanl would feel Bridget's pain in some way or another! Anything that could go wrong for her DOES...well until the end of course!
½ March 21, 2016
Bridget Jone's Diary is a sweet and funny romantic comedy whose predictability is overcome by a charming and hilarious performance from Renée Zellweger on the title role.
March 13, 2016
I found its character development incredibly rushed with the viewer basically expected to feel sympathy for Jones because she faces a life situation countless people do. The relationship between her and Hugh Grant is also rushed, and I couldn't get past its over use of music. Not boring, but certainly not good either.
March 8, 2016
Hilarious! Bridget Jones is such a real and relateable character!!!