Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason Reviews

July 17, 2017
Nowhere near as good as the first and i didn't really even love that. Although, there ARE some corkers.
June 4, 2017
I have to say I was mildly disappointed in the way "Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason" turned out to be. It wasn't as exciting and charming as the first movie, and it didn't really have a genuinely interesting plot, it just seemed like it made up one as it went along. The beginning seemed like this would be a movie very similar to that of the first movie, but then took a bit of a turn towards back half of the movie, and just ended up being about nothing. There were some jokes and scenes that are reminiscent of the original movie, and some of them hit, however a lot of them just didn't work this time around, because it had such a poor plot surrounding it. The acting was at the same level it was at in the first movie, Renee Zellweger (Bridget Jones), Colin Firth (Mark Darcy), and Hugh Grant (Daniel Cleaver) all did their best to salvage this movie, and ultimately, this series, but once again, even their great acting wasn't enough to save just how badly written this movie was. This sequel was one that nobody asked for, as the first movie tied up all loose ends and left you with all the satisfaction you needed out of films like these, and this movie just kinda made up something that could set up some sub-decent jokes, and just use the lovable first movie as a sequel cash-grab. "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason" is definitely not worth watching.
½ May 6, 2017
Better than the original.
March 14, 2017
When characters don't communicate with each other, we get this bullshit
February 19, 2017
Bridget 2. it has the charm of the original but suffers from a lack of editing; it's a 1h25 kind of movie, not a 1h45 and we are left having waay too much moping and long shots. There are so many good things about it but its lost in there. Its a prime candidate for a recut, that would be awesome.
½ February 13, 2017
A step down from the first film and somewhat unnecessary. It tries to rehash the same story with the same characters but add more comedy and global locations (reminding me of the Sex and the City film sequel).
½ February 9, 2017
Although this film may see much more weak compared to the other two films, this is still a classic Bridget story.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 19, 2016
Renée Zellweger delivers a typically lovely performance in the Edge of Reason, a continuation of the Bridget Jones story that shall please the fans already engaged.
December 17, 2016
A lovely romcom that most women can identify with. Funny, entertaining and Colin Firth is pretty hot!
½ December 12, 2016
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason is sometimes funny, but is mostly too over-the-top with both its characterization and its plot. It is such a regular romantic comedy and such an incredibly lazy sequel that is basically a scene by scene rehash of the original, but done in a very mediocre and sometimes even annoying manner.
½ November 27, 2016
Whilst the first movie pretty much had me laughing throughout the whole movie, the second one only really had one scene that made me laugh.
This movie was more serious than the first one, but at the same time it was making fun of the seriousness. It didn't really work for me.
October 15, 2016
Welp not better than the first.
September 18, 2016
After watching the first film for the first time I couldn't wait and had to watch the sequel. Another cracking film for Bridget Jones and I can't wait to see Bridget Jones's Baby.
September 18, 2016
I can't get enough of Bridget and her romantic (mis)-adventures. An hilarious sequel to the original Bridget Jones movie.
August 20, 2016
This sequel feels like it based the script on an online survey of 30-something single women about what should happen in it. "Yes, another fight scene between Darcy and Cleever!". And for the sake of preventing any more spoilers, I'll stop there. Where the first film, Bridget was an adorable, yet bumbling idiot. Here, she's just bumbling on the verge of being incredibly annoying. Rating: 6 / 10
April 25, 2016
Debido al inmenso éxito de la película "El Diario de Bridget Jones", era inevitable una secuela. El problema es que esta "segunda parte" recicla la historia de la primera al igual que los chistes, que ya no son tan graciosos. Esta es una película cansada e innecesaria que se soporta gracias al carisma de Renée Zellweger y al talento actoral de Hugh Grant y Colin Firth.
½ January 8, 2016
A tiny bit funny, but when you're not and never have been a great fan of Renee Zelwegger it is hard to stay focused.
½ September 16, 2015
Ihan kiva & hauska hömppäleffa. ?? ?????? (Suom. Bridget Jones: Elämä jatkuu)