Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason Reviews

½ April 27, 2019
Easy on the mind film that does deliver some comic scenes but suffers from sequel syndrome.
If you have seen the first film of the Bridget Jones franchise then this film delivers basically the same story.
The story of a middle-aged slightly simple singleton, overweight woman in London, Bridget Jones who has an interesting year that includes romantic relationship with an eminent U.K. lawyer, Mark Darcy (Colin Firth), a 'mixed' year of television journalism that includes being moved onto a travel show alongside equally sexist, suave, misogynistic Daniel Cleaver (Hugh Grant).
If you have seen the first film there is no explanation required in describing Cleaver. Let's just say he is the polar opposite to the stiff upper lipped Darcy.
Set pieces include some appallingly funny scenes of Jones making inadvertent mishaps at posh events and on a ski trip to Lech, Austria with Darcy to time in jail in a Thai jail for again inadvertent drug smuggling.
Now my opinion is. Is the viewer a Cleaver or Darcy 'fan'?
Who will save Jones from lengthy prison time teaching awful Madonna songs in a jail cell full of Thai women?
Who will be victorious in a pathetically funny fist fight between Darcy and Cleaver?
As I have already alluded to, easy going comedy, but I hate both Firth and Grant as actors. Both are bumbling Brits who need to lighten up! Easy box office.
½ March 11, 2019
Goes Well, Right Up To The Point, About 3/4 Thru, Where She Ends Up In A Thai-Prison. It Loses It's Way As The Tongue In Cheek, Wink At The Camera Factor Goes All Very Weirdly Serious..But Then Not, But Then Serious Again. So Varied Is The Direction Is That You Have To Wait Till She Is Back In The UK, Before It Gets Back On Track. So Much So There Is A Race To The Finish, With All Lose Ends Toed Up Brisky. A Little Bit Of Farce Going On In Amongst All That..But Manages To Skirt Away JUST Enough.
January 27, 2019
Such a fun little British comedy. Bridget Jones is a charming protagonist because Renï¿ 1/2 1/2 1/2 (C)e Zellweger has done a fantastic job in portraying her. Everything actually works because the actors are all top of the game. "Bridget Jones" The edge of Reason" is quite funny, fun, and such a feel-good movie in general. Plot-wise it's quite silly sometimes, but hey this is a British rom-com what did I expect? Colin Firth is an absolute sight for sore eyes and I still can't believe how she left him to create the drama. You can't leave Colin Firth hanging like that, it's not believable. There is charm and there is wit. "Bridget Jones" is a fun movie.
October 13, 2018
Bridget Jones is a funny film. It is Bridget Jones who questions if she really has everything she's dreamed of having after finding love.Renee Zellweger and Hugh Grant give fantastic performances. The screenplay is good but a little slow in places. Beeban Kidron did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the humor and romance. Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason is a must see.
½ August 5, 2018
Bridget Jones becomes uncomfortable in her relationship with Mark Darcy and questions if she really has everything she's dreamed of having. Not a good sequel, though. It lacks many of the funny jokes from the first movie. Like when something is only funny the first time. It has some good jokes but they are few.
½ September 25, 2017
Good laugh - with some admittedly predictable gaffes.
July 17, 2017
Nowhere near as good as the first and i didn't really even love that. Although, there ARE some corkers.
June 4, 2017
I have to say I was mildly disappointed in the way "Bridget Jones: The Edge Of Reason" turned out to be. It wasn't as exciting and charming as the first movie, and it didn't really have a genuinely interesting plot, it just seemed like it made up one as it went along. The beginning seemed like this would be a movie very similar to that of the first movie, but then took a bit of a turn towards back half of the movie, and just ended up being about nothing. There were some jokes and scenes that are reminiscent of the original movie, and some of them hit, however a lot of them just didn't work this time around, because it had such a poor plot surrounding it. The acting was at the same level it was at in the first movie, Renee Zellweger (Bridget Jones), Colin Firth (Mark Darcy), and Hugh Grant (Daniel Cleaver) all did their best to salvage this movie, and ultimately, this series, but once again, even their great acting wasn't enough to save just how badly written this movie was. This sequel was one that nobody asked for, as the first movie tied up all loose ends and left you with all the satisfaction you needed out of films like these, and this movie just kinda made up something that could set up some sub-decent jokes, and just use the lovable first movie as a sequel cash-grab. "Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason" is definitely not worth watching.
½ May 6, 2017
Better than the original.
March 14, 2017
When characters don't communicate with each other, we get this bullshit
February 19, 2017
Bridget 2. it has the charm of the original but suffers from a lack of editing; it's a 1h25 kind of movie, not a 1h45 and we are left having waay too much moping and long shots. There are so many good things about it but its lost in there. Its a prime candidate for a recut, that would be awesome.
½ February 13, 2017
A step down from the first film and somewhat unnecessary. It tries to rehash the same story with the same characters but add more comedy and global locations (reminding me of the Sex and the City film sequel).
½ February 9, 2017
Although this film may see much more weak compared to the other two films, this is still a classic Bridget story.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
December 19, 2016
Renée Zellweger delivers a typically lovely performance in the Edge of Reason, a continuation of the Bridget Jones story that shall please the fans already engaged.
December 17, 2016
A lovely romcom that most women can identify with. Funny, entertaining and Colin Firth is pretty hot!
½ December 12, 2016
Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason is sometimes funny, but is mostly too over-the-top with both its characterization and its plot. It is such a regular romantic comedy and such an incredibly lazy sequel that is basically a scene by scene rehash of the original, but done in a very mediocre and sometimes even annoying manner.
½ November 27, 2016
Whilst the first movie pretty much had me laughing throughout the whole movie, the second one only really had one scene that made me laugh.
This movie was more serious than the first one, but at the same time it was making fun of the seriousness. It didn't really work for me.
October 15, 2016
Welp not better than the first.