Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason Reviews

March 6, 2015
It is watchable, but not as good as the original. The fight at the end is worth watching but it is exactly the same as the original.
January 24, 2015
Disappointing in comparison to the original.
½ December 17, 2014
Still funny, but a predictable sequel that can't bring to us nothing new comparing to the original.
½ December 17, 2014
October 11, 2014
Bridget Jones: "It is a magic mushroom moment, isn't it?".

The movie is about it's main character Bridget Jones discovers that life with her new beau, Mark Darcy, isn't everything it's cracked up to be.

This is not as good as the first movie but it does have it's laughs. Renée Zellweger once again brings that caring witty character back one big screen and once again she nails it. Colin Firth and Hugh Grant did a fine job in they roles, but they fight was pure comedy gold. But one thing that slowed the movie down for me and what shocked me is actually the writing in the movie, the writing felt reused again from the first movie and the writing was the best part from the first film. And I found out the writer's for this movie was the same writer's from the first film. The movie didn't have a stronger message like this film had. Overall this movie is not as enjoyable as the first film, but it still got it's laughs.
September 20, 2014
Not a great sequel but still good to watch the characters we have grown to love!
½ August 18, 2014
Le danger, avec les suites, ce n'est pas de copier le film originel : c'est de n'avoir rien à raconter. Et clairement, Bridget Jones 2 n'a rien de plus à raconter que le premier et n'a même plus de roman de Jane Austen à adapter. Autant dire alors que The Edge of Reason n'est qu'un assemblage de gags souvent navrants, avec un arc scénaristique affligeant et des personnages encore plus grossièrement brossés que dans le premier opus. Hugh Grant est toujours aussi drôle mais il n'a que quinze minutes pour faire son truc. L'heure et demie sans lui est plus ennuyeuse qu'autre chose. Dommage.
August 9, 2014
not as good as the first, but you know... neither was the book.
½ August 4, 2014
Good romantic comedy! Nod to political issues faced in the recent decades but the comedic relief that keeps the film light-hearted and funny.
May 12, 2014
lacks some of the charm of the first one
April 30, 2014
Kind of silly but never boring. I haven't seen the first one but this movie made an interesting watching. The three leads were good in their roles. It is not a rocking movie and again not bad. Just an average one with some light moments.

The fight scene between the men was quite funny. Heard that peolpe loved the first part more than this one so will try to watch and see.
April 13, 2014
don't remember if I ever say the sequel
March 14, 2014
Me gusto mas la primera
December 31, 2013
A nice sequel to the adventure of our favorite clumsy reporter. Maybe not as charming as the first one but definitely nice to watch.
December 28, 2013
Not as good as the first one but still funny
December 26, 2013
Bridget Jones: Al borde de la razón
November 29, 2013
Not quite as good as the 1st but still a great laugh for the girls
October 17, 2013
Love Renee Zellweger!
½ September 22, 2013
If there was anything good about the first one, I'd certainly had it acid flushed out of my brain after watching this one.
September 13, 2013