Bright Reviews

• Jun 29, 2020

I thought it was great! It mixed today's reality with a fantasy twist. Great spin and somewhat eye opener to the real worlds social drama.

• Jun 29, 2020

Will Smith was great, and the film was a lot of fun. Better than all the bad reviews it got.

• Jun 27, 2020

Its tries too hard to mix fantasy with police drama, offer social commentary on race and class differences, and bring bring a story with high franchise potential, but ultimately fails miserably, as this story is more suitable for a TV show.

• Jun 27, 2020

See that difference between critics and audience? It's legit. Bright got the firing range when it was released by people who had the nerve to give worse movies better reviews. For whatever reason, business or Hollywood politics this movie got targeted, but people who watched it say differently. Bright could have been better. But it was good. It was intriguing, to the point it almost hurt the movie. A whole world and history was made for this film and you see it everywhere, but they are rarely explained and happen so fast you feel like you just passed something REALLY cool on the highway but we're going to fast to take it in. Best I can compare it is imagine all the cool little Harry Potter details from the films but if you had no frame of reference from the books. You don't know how cool it is because you can't. Bright would REALLY profit from a boom or comic or anything to fill out the world. Or even an expanded cut. We're supposed to be getting a sequel but I don't see this getting handled with another 2 hours. Watch it twice. You'll notice stuff second run. The trailer is what you get mostly. 2 cops over their head trying to not hate each other save the world. There's no "we have to stop the light in the sky" cliche, but there might as well be. Some people say this movie isn't bad just lazy. I see it. I just think it had potential to blow our minds and made the mistake of failing. Will Smith is Will Smith. He's not a character, he's not acting, he's just himself saying he's someone else. Not bad, just "seen it". Joel Edgerton acts his ass off. Some of it fails, some of it soars, but you never can say he's dialing it in. I get the feeling he read and reread every detail of this universe so his reactions would seem genuine. Sometimes I just feel the script or editing betrayed him. It's good, not great. Better than a Fast Furious sequel. Better than have the crap people liked. If you don't like this you can at least walk away saying you watched something unique(when it came out) instead of ANOTHER vampire movie, car movie, or costume movie

• Jun 17, 2020

The critics consensus clearly wrong. Ever played the game shadow run? Then you will get the new universe this film creates. Cyberpunk fantasy. If only vehoven were directing. But solid enough to start things off. I mean you have to like fantast sci fi so that takes the majority of the population out of the equation. And if they were brought in my the real world elements then they will of course dismiss it by genre alone the same way i would a soap opra. hence the confused reviews. This is escapism not realism. Writing is weak at end rushed (possibly studio issues as film needed extra ten minutes in climax feeling top heavy) and exposition too in face rather than trusting audience but other aspects especially originality make up for it. It creates a universe that for once is not super hero based and can be much more to come from this emmergent sub genre even if not from this franchise.

• Jun 14, 2020

After a good build-up of a very promising story... it just started to go pistol fighting for almost three quarters of the movie. Meh!

• Jun 07, 2020

He visto películas policiales con mayor puntaje y peor historia. Esta por su parte, cumple con su rol, entretener en una plataforma como es Netflix. Por la parte del guion o actuaciones, correr el riego de meter muchos personajes con algunos papeles pequeños o insignificantes, esto es lo que verdaderamente hace que la película sea entretenida, la variabilidad de distintos personajes que aparecen. Obviamente como cualquier película de acción los giros están claramente señalados, y los personajes se alejan de lo biologicamente esperable, sin embargo si alguien busca una replica biológica queda decepcionado, por ejemplo: Aragon en las dos torres, cae de un precipicio, es recogido por un caballo que sabe a donde ir, se recupera a tiempo para liderar la defensa contra un ejercito de orcos, bueno, por algo es fantasía. Buen papel de Will, incluso mejor que en su ultima película peleando contra su yo computarizado.

• Jun 03, 2020

I didn't expect it to be as poorly structured as it was. Landis is better than this; far too many scenes were strung together 'because plot'. The characters just wandered from cut scene to cut scene without having any agency of their own. This was a great idea, with an excellent cast and a fantastic location. It just needed a story. One that was more than 'Keep macguffin away from bad guys'.

• May 26, 2020

Not a conspiracy. It was just really bad. All in all, it was one missed opportunity after another on the creativity of its concepts, even though it was so poorly executed on all of them, unlikable characters, poor directing and awful writing.

• May 24, 2020

I liked it. Intense action, humour, a good morale.

I liked it. Intense action, humour, a good morale.