Bright Eyes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bright Eyes Reviews

June 15, 2014
This movie is amazing!!!! I loved it and I hope you do to because it's my all time favorite!!!!!
½ March 12, 2014
This is the first Shirley Temple movie that I have actually taken the time to view in its entirety, but I was surprisingly unimpressed. Shirley may be cute at times, but it really wears off quickly to the point where she becomes annoying. (First and only viewing - 3/12/2014)
February 25, 2014
Bright Eyes is my favorite of the Shirley Temple films. Jane Withers as Joy is really what gives this movie five stars! I don't know if there are many children who play the spoiled, rotten, brat as well as she did in this film. She is a character you just love to hate! Shirley is good too of course as her usual sweet self...
½ August 31, 2013
Bright Eyes is a cute film. It is about an orphaned girl is taken in by a snobbish family at the insistence of their rich, crotchety uncle, even as her devoted aviator godfather fights for custody. Shirley Temple and Jane Withers give incredible performances. The screenplay is well written. David Butler did a great job directing this movie. I enjoyed watching this motion picture because of the drama and humor. Bright Eyes is a must see.
July 7, 2013
It tears me up every time I see it!
June 24, 2013
Though sometimes too overtly sentimental, syrupy and yes, child abusive, Bright Eyes is a cute Shirley Temple vehicle where she must decide between a loving aviator Godfather, or a kindly old man when her Mother is killed. There;s some scenes in there that make you say WTF? (especially at the very beginning and at the very end), and Shirley does take time out to sing "On The Good Ship Lollpop", so not all is lost.
June 1, 2013
one of the better early shirley vehicles
January 31, 2013
A cute and predictable affair which Temple shines in, and her ability to act is no mistake, yes, but the antagonist, little Jane Withers, is the best child actress on view here. But no doubt, Shirley owns the picture. James Dunn also is wonderful in this. Withers is untamed, spoiled and generally, a little brat. Classic little madam.
½ October 2, 2012
Shirley Temple's greatest movie! It has everything I love: an ironic and loveable ending,a dark scene,and drama! The only reason it didn't get the full is because of how they let Shirley down. It's too sad! Overall,awesome!
½ August 20, 2012
"What better way to describe this classic other then say it's simply enjoyable!"
Shirley Temple is a Hollywood Childstar. Her Iconic curls and dempled smile, makes generations alike appreciate her lively charm and pure innocents.
During a time when war dampend the world's spirit, Sherly brought hope and distract us only if for a minute. Bright Eyes is well pulled together and fun for the whole family.
½ January 17, 2012
Unless you like shirley Temple, this film is a waste of your time, as it's just like most of her other films as a child.
½ January 27, 2011
Such a cute film... Always fun to see :)
½ October 22, 2010
½ October 22, 2010
October 13, 2010
I love Shirley Temple since I was a little girl.
May 16, 2010
She's cute, but the plot was...
½ April 4, 2010
Shirley Temple was irresistibly cute in this film! I couldn't stop smiling each time she was on the screen. A great "happy go lucky" type of movie!
½ September 2, 2009
As a new mother I bawled like a baby for shirley. I loved this movie. It is the first Shirley Temple movie I have seen and I cant wait to watch more.
July 25, 2009
Saw it before and really love her movies
½ June 5, 2009
The first big film created especially for her,Bright EYES helped make SHIRLEY TEMPLE a huge box office star and features her most famous song: "On The Good Ship LolliPoP"