Bring Me the Head of Mavis Davis Reviews

• Dec 14, 2011

I didn't really like this film, it starred Jane Horrocks who plays Julie from Trollied and it also starred Rik Mayall but I won't watch this film again, I don't want this movie on DVD, I didn't think it was a good movie

• Feb 20, 2011

Look out for a rarity in this if you know Mayall as the 'Rick' type character from The Young Ones. This highly underrated film has Rik as a character far different than his usual persona and makes a very good job of it too. Add Jane Horrocks as the titular character and this movie becomes more than excellent.

• May 02, 2009

I really enjoyed it! I am a Rik Mayall fan so am usually biased but I honestly think this is one ALOT of people could enjoy and I don't really understand why it wasn't a bigger hit than it was! Rik show's us that he is a truely great actor in this film. We see a serious and sensitive side as well as the comic side he his better known for and pulls off both fantastically! There really are some hileriously funny bits in this film!

• The M Super Reviewer
    Apr 10, 2009

It's always fun to see Rik Mayall play a real asshole. This is something you enjoy on a hung-over sunday.

• Feb 26, 2008

I should marry Rik Mayall. I really want to.

I should marry Rik Mayall. I really want to.

• Feb 03, 2008

Rik Mayall is a dream. I like just about everything (one television show [FR&C] aside) he's graced.

• Jan 19, 2008

truely terrible film

truely terrible film

• Sep 03, 2007

A decent comedy with a less whacky performance than usual from Rik Mayall, but this by no means makes it lesser.

• Aug 03, 2007

I love the BBC. I love them funding these low-key British films and then screening them at night. Not too long ago they unearthed the gem that is "Whatever Happened to Harold Smith?", and last night they delivered the goods again with this one. Rik Mayall plays Marty Starr, a scheming manager who plots to kill one of his artists, thereby increasing her record sales. The artist in question is Marla Dorland, played by Jane Horrocks who for once isn't playing Jane Horrocks, and can sing really quite well. The story follows Starr's plan, and features a lunatic ex-wife, a bodyguard with a poor track record and a contract killer setting out for the first time. It's very much like a less showy, more macabre version of "Music & Lyrics", which came a decade later, with a few good songs and a fairly well-known cast. Rik Mayall is great in his Alan B'stard-type role. There's plenty of little jokes keep the film moving along steadily (the ever-lengthening album title, the Pulp Fiction spoof, the stalker letters on headed notepaper) and a nice, feel-good ending to tie everything up. You could even argue there's a deep message here on the importance of keeping your identity and not forgetting who got you where you are today - but I think it's better just to sit back and enjoy. Coconut?