Bring Me the Head of the Machine Gun Woman (Tráiganme la cabeza de la mujer metralleta) Reviews

• Apr 16, 2017

Okay low budget Chilean action film that wants to be "Machete" or "El Mariachi" but is nowhere as smart, inventive, or funny. The story follows a dopey video game playing DJ who is given 48 hours to find the titular hitwoman after running afoul a local mobster. The Grand Theft Auto inspired missions and titles are fun, but didn't really add much to the film. I thought this film was trying to be a grindhouse exploitation type of homage, but when it throws in these video game elements with various bosses and such, I wasn't sure if this was the filmmakers focus or if it was just trying to be crazy and outrageous, which would be fine, but the film really didn't seem all that crazy or out of control either. However, I will give the the filmmakers credit for keeping the film short, so it doesn't really overstay it's welcome. Overall it's okay, but don't go out of your way for this one.

• Sep 05, 2015

captivating and very clever film making.

captivating and very clever film making.

• Aug 23, 2015

Fun movie- very Tokyo Shock meets gammer culture

Fun movie- very Tokyo Shock meets gammer culture

• Jul 31, 2015

The alternative plot-line, centered around a DJ who gets in over his head with the mob, was a risky move that paid off. Yes, this means the title character isn't in it as much, but this rises above the knock-off action movies that it's trying to portray.

• Jul 02, 2015

Who wants to talk to me, you or your asshole? A DJ at a mainstream casino meets a gangster and over hears a conversation about his inability to capture the woman responsible for killing his brother. When the gangster discovers the DJ, the DJ makes a foolish guarantee that he can give the gangster the woman. His only chance of the gangster not killing him is if he delivers the girl. Can he accomplish the task? "I need to get my oil checked. But go very deep." Ernesto Diaz Espinoza, director of Mirageman, Mandrill, Redeemer, and Santiago Violenta, delivers Bring Me the Head of the Machine Gun Woman. The storyline for this movie is fairly interesting but the DJ character was super annoying and disappointing. The cast delivers uneven performances and includes Fernanda Urrejola, Jorge Alis, Matias Oviedo, and Nicolas Idieta. "You're a dead man walking." This was recently added to the Netflex online site so I quickly added it to my queue. This was a fun and entertaining movie, with some great action scenes, but the conclusion was disappointing and the main character should have been better written. I will say I would watch a sequel. "Do you want to check my oil now?" Grade: C-

• May 26, 2015

Violent without being gory. Clever and straightforward story, delivered simply and neatly without unnecessary complication. And really, honestly funny without every being forced. Certainly not for everyone, but I great piece of work.

• Apr 17, 2015

Awesome tribute to Peckinpah's classic Alfredo Garcia and GTA. "Sure it's grimy, gimmicky and over all too quickly, but Fernanda Urrejola's titular killer babe - an impossibly sexy, semi-clad, bullet-spraying fury - is a creation assured cult-icon status." -Jamie Healy, Radio Times

• Feb 07, 2015

It's a pure grindhouse/exploitation with dash of GTA, entertaining and funny.

It's a pure grindhouse/exploitation with dash of GTA, entertaining and funny.

• Feb 08, 2014

Somebody wants to be the next Robert Rodriguez. It's no El Mariachi. Too much time is wasted on the male lead (Hollywood would approve) and not enough on the Machine Gun Woman. Amusing enough, though.

• Nov 11, 2013