Bringing Down the House - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bringing Down the House Reviews

July 20, 2016
This comedy could be offensive to both races, so if your offended by this you don't have a sense of humor. Martin and Latifah shine!
June 2, 2016
A movie that is off the he-z! A cool movie to chill out with!
March 8, 2016
Not a lot to say about this one, but it's pretty damn silly, but likeable in its own unique way. I thought the jokes went somewhat too far, but I loved the unique chemistry between the leads. I thought Steve Martin was good as always, and I thought some of his physical comedy on display was truly funny. Not much else to say...silly plot..some silly funny moments, but overall very average film.
December 16, 2015
Very funny film. Entertaining
October 2, 2015
Great cast, funny too
½ September 10, 2015
Depending on the person, this movie is either hilarious or offensive.
½ June 28, 2015
Nobody looks good here.Where the writers stuck in a 70's flashback.
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
Actually a quite good comedy with Steve Martin and Eugene Levy and more.. Steve have made a few terrible unfunny ones but he manage well in this one. Story was okey aswell and worth seeing overall.
½ December 16, 2014
Good fun. I quite enjoyed this refreshing comedy. Worth a watch.
September 20, 2014
Funny. Not bad for Martin.
September 5, 2014
While there are offensive jokes on racial stereotypes taking a third of the film's atmosphere, the rest of the space is the enjoyment with a nice cast consisting Steve Martin bringing most of the hilarity and Queen Latifah doing some hilarity whilst representing the resolving heart. Also in the cast is Eugene Levy supporting the duo and Betty White in a minor role enhancing the casting choices.

Also to note is that the film started with a tribute of "You've Got Mail," and started doing a little satirizing for a bit during the exposition. This is sort of a preview of shifting tones that was done during the third branch of the screenplay. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
August 23, 2014
Thoroughly enjoyable and charming comedy playing with racial and social stereotypes
June 18, 2014
Ok but Martin can do so much funnier
May 30, 2014
i love this movie its very funny and cute
May 15, 2014
Hilarious and a childhood favorite.
April 27, 2014
Those who hate this film, I can't see why. It's light, funny, and I love the whole pole apart attitude that both Martin and Latifah bring. Think you should all lighten up and look at the fun side.
March 30, 2014
funny stuff martin works well with the queen
March 1, 2014
When a lonely guy (Steve Martin) meets a woman (Queen Latifah) on the Internet who happens to be in prison, she breaks out to be with him, and proceeds to wreak havoc on his middle-class life.

also stars Eugene Levy, Joan Plowright, Jean Smart , Missi Pyle , Kimberly J. Brown, Steve Harris, Angus T. Jones, Michael Rosenbaum, Betty White, Michael Ensign, Tracey Cherelle Jones, Matt Lutz, Victor Webster, Sundy Carter, Alonzo Bodden and Aengus James.

directed by Adam Shankman.
January 12, 2014
An unfunny, forgettable comedy.