Britannic - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Britannic Reviews

June 25, 2017
Pretty decent film, except the ending bugs the shit out of me. Just like there was enough space on the wooden board for Jack in "Titanic," there was more than enough time for the love interest in this movie to swim away from the propellers. Other than that, pretty good. Feels sort of like a sequel to James Cameron's "Titanic."
½ December 29, 2016
even with its historical reference but its use of CGI was horrible no one has to experience such bad CGI anymore but good movie
½ February 19, 2016
This was just bad. The graphics were horrible and this movie was just trying to copy titanic. I know the britannic was real and it's cool that it gets its own movie but, this is not the movie it deserves.
August 14, 2014
This movie is better then I expected. The acting was pretty good. I love John Rhys-Davies and Edward Atterton. While some might call it a Titanic (1997) ripoff. I found it very entertaining. I especially enjoyed the fact that they use the only person to survive both Olympic class sinkings to carry the story. This movie is worth watching.
May 18, 2014
The movie was good. But sadly Titanic set high standard for me... other than that a very well made movie. It's hard to meet the quality of the Titanic.
May 7, 2014
A almost unheard of movie about the sister ship of the far more infamous RMS Titanic, the RMS Britannic. I'm a fan of almost everything Titanic, and I know a bit about this ship also, and I can tell you, this movie got the story nowhere near what actually happened abord the ship. There are three big problems with it. #1: There was no sabotage of the ship, no German navy soldiers aboard to capture it, and nobody knows for sure, but there a good chance there wasn't even a U-Boat. The real Britannic was either torpedoed or struck a mine, and the latter is more likely. So that makes every event in the movie impossable, and the one part where the guy shoots the incoming torpedo with a Lewis machine gun probably the worst event of the movie, not to mention it would be nearly impossible to do. #2: The ability that the main characters have to hold their breath for as long as need be is also not humanly possible. #3: The obvious low budget of this movie makes any scene that involves CGI look TERRIBLE. Water is the worst of all, but the explosions, submarine, and helicopter type shots of the ship are all also very bad. But dispite all this negativity, this movie actually has a lot going for it. The plot is good, although not at all real, the acting and lines are surprisingly good, and me get to know the characters well. I was also suprised that it showed the life boats getting destroyed by the still spinning propellors, which did actually happen during the sinking. So decent made for TV movie, only needed a few more things to make it far better, but you find your self pleasantly surprised at the end.
TheDudeLebowski65
March 16, 2014
The Britannic was the sister ship of the RMS Titanic, and like her big sister before her, the ship sank. This a good made for TV film about the disaster and though a bit fictional, is a nonetheless well made film directed by famed Australian Exploitation director Brian Trenchard-Smith. Although there are noticeable weak points of the film, most notably its low production value, the subject was handled well, and it was an entertaining film for what it tried to be. The film is one that could have been better, but nonetheless it works well due to the fact that the real story behind the fiction is quite interesting, and it's what keeps you involved in enjoying this film. The cast do a fine job here, and overall despite its fictional take on the actual events, Britannic is worth seeing if you enjoy these types of movies. The film has its imperfection, and it lies solely on the fictional story, but the events itself of the disaster I found quite good and entertaining. If given a script rewrite, then maybe this would have been a better film. But considering the films limitations, Britannic is a film that isn't bad either, it just needed a script polish to really make it really work. But like every made for TV film, this film leaves a lot to be left unsaid about those events. At least the filmmakers managed to make an entertaining movie out of the story of Titanic's sister ship. If you're interested in the subject, this is worth a look, but be prepared for a dose of fiction mixed in with the real events, but of course that was done for a more dramatic effect, very much like what James Cameron did with the romantic storyline in his overly awful and overrated film Titanic.
October 11, 2013
It's the retarded step-sister to James Cameron's 1997 film. It tries too hard to be like Titanic but given the sinking of the HMHS Britannic only lasted 55 minutes, everything was quite obviously rushed.
March 7, 2013
I found myself counting absurdities while watching this film.
A 17-knot U boat keeping up with a 21 knot liner all the way fro Southampton to Naples.
A WW1 radio that fits inside a bible.
A secret agent taking a job as a nanny so she has to spend most of her time with a couple of children.
A hospital ship carrying munitions.
A torpedo being blow up by a machine gun
A ship the size of the Titanic being sunk by a home-made bomb.
January 15, 2013
Good movie, 2 Cons. Cheesy effects and views and doesn't follow what history saids about the journey. Over all a very great movie .
November 23, 2012
Clearly made to cash in on Titanic's success back in the late 90s
October 7, 2012
Telefilme britânico vagabundo pra caramba.
July 9, 2012
The Titanic's sister ship is sabotaged by a german spy.
May 5, 2012
A good movie, but its not exactly "Titanic-good". It does have an interesting mixed cast(Amanda Ryan's acting could of been improved upon). It is an excellent movie that is low budget. It is a proficient movie to watch at least once
March 4, 2012
hahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahaahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahah HA HA HA its a movie....
January 28, 2012
Even though the computer aspects are poorly done it was well put together for a low budget film.
January 17, 2012
Sounds like a decent film
½ August 15, 2011
On the side with it's historical inaccuracies i was compelled by Britannic's complex story and a masterful script, two things "Titanic" needed.
March 14, 2011
Horribly inaccurate!! I will never like it!!!
January 1, 2011
Not the real story but very good. Try to find it on Youtube.