Reviews

• May 09, 2010

Not very accurate in terms of reflecting the Islamic Rituals, but good movie.

Not very accurate in terms of reflecting the Islamic Rituals, but good movie.

• Dec 12, 2008

Thought provoking. I liked that they showed both sides in such detail and that each acts as a counter-argument to the other.

• Dec 10, 2008

Powerful, compelling, and magnetic. Two very intense perspectives, and a mind grueling topic but the director has done a great job capturing the essence of being trapped culturally.

• Dec 02, 2008

Such a poignant well-written observation of two very different Muslim siblings living in England after 9/11 and the prejudices they face both in an outside of the Muslim community. Told in 2-sections we see the same struggle from both points of view and the impact that their decisions have one each other. Both leads are so strong and sympathetic in their very multi-layered roles, that it captivates you and makes you so invested with their characters.

• Sep 29, 2008

How true... One should ask himself whether the laws we think are making us "safer" put us even more in greater danger...

• Sep 06, 2008

Saw it yesterday...what a great story ! Seen from different point of views, the good and the evil. Finally don't know exactly who acts better than the others. The two actors are great in their role. And the end...not the one I thought. A must see.

• Aug 01, 2008

riz is magnificent! i might just be your biggest fan! seeing him in this two-part was amazing! love him to bits!!

• Jul 31, 2008

Great first half, I see why they had the other side of the story but i don't think her actions are in any way justified, so she got a hard time from the police big fucking deal, who doesn't.

• Apr 25, 2008

A story told from two feature-length perspectives, Britz proves itself an effective overview of Muslim life in post 9-11 Britain. Intolerance - from Jihadists, family traditionalists and the police - interfere with the lives of two siblings, who attempt to counteract the situation - in two radically opposing fashions. Generally well-done, though I found Nasima less sympathetic than her brother; her transition seemed too drastic to be fully plausible and her leaving her boyfriend to the not-so-tender mercies of her cousins left me thinking : What a bitch! Sohail comes off as a more likeable and complex character, with only his reflex patriotism threatening his plausibility. Also, with Nasima's speech at the end, did the director intend to excuse or sanction jihad? See it for yourself to place that verdict.....

• Apr 20, 2008

If you can get hold of a copy of this or look out for it on More4 then watch it Its an amazing story about two brit born sibling muslims and their opinions and views on the terrorism act after 9/11 Their stories are told seperatly A very powerful moving drama.....really worth a watch