Brokeback Mountain - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Brokeback Mountain Reviews

June 9, 2016
Gret movie they have a beutiful relationship a powerful message i can stand behind lol :)!
June 8, 2016
This beautiful and tragic take on two men falling in love. However I got the message that the writer was trying to imply. It was homophobia and thats the tragic part of this film. However, it had strong performance by Heath Ledger, and Jake Gyllenhaal. Great story, and how the film was put together was amazing.
May 25, 2016
This is good. Just far to slow. Great story though
April 30, 2016
A moving tale of American heterosexism in the mid 20th century.
April 21, 2016
Ang Lee manages to convey the connection of these two men without the easy relationship milestones like marriage, kids, buying a house etc. The film focuses on what's most important to these men and does so with such class that the story is just as real and heart wrenching as any other I've seen.
April 15, 2016
Michelle Williams ?? <3
March 15, 2016
The sudden death of Heath Ledger reminded me of Brokeback Mountain. Though it flags at times, overall it's a brave and moving love story/western. Evokes the era and social attitudes very well, and the intense performances by Jake Gyllenhaal and especially ledger have assured them both of a place in movie history.
March 12, 2016
You know a movie's good when the reviews read "DO NOT WATCH 0/10 RECOMMENDS IT WILL CRUSH YOUR SOUL" seriously I've never cried so bad. I wish I knew how to quit this movie
February 24, 2016
This is the best romance I have every watched. Period.
February 21, 2016
People might say this is a ''gay cowboy movie'' but that's a drastic generalisation. This movie is about 2 men who are forced into an exiled situation where they have nothing but eachother and they start to fall for eachother. It's about their relationship, their attempt to cope with their forbidden relationship and everything surrounding their lives and how it progresses over the years.
To hold this movie together are Gyllenhaal and Ledger's performances of their careers, even though Donnie Darko sure is interesting and The Dark Knight is more flashy, these performances are the most controlled, layered and meaningful.

All in all Brokeback Mountain is an emotionally driven masterpiece of a romantic movie, it succeeds on every level.

Brokeback Mountain is a beautiful movie about love between two men.
½ February 19, 2016
A calm heartbreaker perfectly set against its landscape & time period. "Brokeback Mountain" bravely stands out as love story for its subject matter.
½ February 18, 2016
Im typically not one for romances, but this is an excellent tale of forbidden love. I'm not sure why this movie tends to catch a lot of hate, perhaps it's because we live in a homophobic society. Regardless this is a wonderful romance with great performances by Jake and Heath... beautifully filmed with a good music score.
January 28, 2016
I was very curious to see Brokeback Mountain, but I was nervous to see it as its the first gay film that I seen that's the whole thing as I actually saw Milk before this, but I don't think I finished it, so it doesn't count. So after watching the film, Brokeback Mountain is an amazing film that got me more invested then I thought was going to be, especially when it's slow paced film. It's about two cowboys who were just looking for a job, and when they work together, they start to have feelings for each other, even though one of them is getting married. I actually had no idea where it was going for the most part, and I like the chemistry between Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger. The main leads are terrific and the late Heath Ledger's performance is the most mature that I've seen him in, at least so far as I seen him in A Knight Tale and The Dark Knight. Michelle Williams is great in it, and while Anne Hathaway is not in it that much, she's really good in it also. The writing by Larry McMurtry and Diana Ossana is very well written and they really know how to write such complex characters like the main ones. It's beautifully shotted, and I did care about the characters. I'm glad that this movie was made as we don't see that much gay films recently, well, the ones that don't go in wide theaters like this film did that is.
January 27, 2016
I thought it was more shocking, everyone talked about this movie because it shows a homosexual relationship, for me it was a good story, very romantic but sad at the end. I almost cry. Heath Ledger (RIP) and Jake Gyllenhaal did and AMAZING job showing that passion they characters felt in the movie.

The love is the strongest and powerful feeling in the world.
½ January 24, 2016
Good movie nice story line, so true.
½ January 20, 2016
Spanning more than two decades the story isn't exactly compact. And yet, the direction is so seamless and the acting so incredibly good the only issue even the biggest cynic could come up with are some iffy make-up effects. Nuanced and powerful - an astonishing piece of work.
½ January 20, 2016
Very powerful and very moving, "Brokeback Mountain" is a tragic love story with powerful performances by the all star cast. 7.4/10
January 18, 2016
Actually, it's a bit obvious as a movie about homosexuality, but as a movie about love and heartbreak it really shines.
½ January 10, 2016
watched the trailer and it looked fake and gay
January 4, 2016
Brokeback Mountain is powerful in story-line and Performance. Led by Heath Ledger, Jake Gyllenhaal who bring to life wonderful characters to a perfection. along with the emotions and powerful dialogue that perfectly blend together to cement this film as one of the best films out there.