Broken Trail - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Broken Trail Reviews

July 14, 2017
My wife and I have watched this a couple times. Really enjoyed it!
January 29, 2015
A modern western and the kind of picture they don't make any more, one that's simple, gripping and true, not to mention an absolute return to form by the old master Walter Hill. A near perfect union of script, actors and director.
December 12, 2013
Fine yarn! Beautiful horses & scenery. Evidently a true story. Well done.
½ July 28, 2013
Broken Trail is an excellent western drama that hardly ever feels like it was made for TV. Although it had a length of three hours, time flew by like it was nothing since the story is engaging and the acting is superb. Before I knew it, it was already over, which was slightly disappointing due to how engaging and compelling it was. This is a great film that deserves more attention and should be watched by anyone who loves a good western or drama. If you haven't seen Broken Trail, it is definitely worth seeing.
½ May 30, 2013
Post-western realism and pioneer idealism combined for a gripping tale in which both Church and Duvall shine.
May 17, 2013
A must-see western, bound to be categorized as a classic with the likes of lonesome dove.
February 22, 2013
Too long and too slow
December 24, 2012
As far as westerns go, it was a pretty good movie. I thought it was realistic and had a good plot.
August 28, 2012
I love the ending in this movie and the actors
August 21, 2012
סר~ פ (C)~ ""(TM)?, (C)-ק ע(TM)" 'ר" "''"" '(TM)תר.
August 11, 2012
Duvall was fantastic as always. This is a good story about good men with morals and honour in a rough and lawless time. You find yourself rooting for this motley crew of travelers and secretly hoping that blossoming relationships work out.
½ August 9, 2012
This is a made for TV movie that does not feel like one. Duvall's creation of his character is complete, consistent, and endearing. His performance is flawless, but for that matter, so is that of the entire cast. Church portrays the perfect rugged supporting character. It is long, but doesn't feel that way. Very well done......
July 14, 2012
Great western movie. Duvall plays his best character again as the lovable cowboy.
May 19, 2012
Excellent western ala Lonesome Dove
May 16, 2012
Fantastic movie. You will not go wrong spending your time to watch it. Duvall said this is the final film of the unofficial trilogy: "Lonesome Dove" & "Open Range" being the first two (respectively).
May 16, 2012
Joining to the audience. Walter Hill's most beautiful film to date. Poetic western road movie without any kind of kitsch. Men have emotions too and they talk like man to man. The scene with Duvall and Scacchi at the lake is a good-sense of a tearjerker. Broken Trail is about honor, duty, life in the prairies, happenings of the past. And the chinese slave girls are very good. Watched the epilogue... I cried.
½ April 21, 2012
I love this man. all his movies are good as well.
April 14, 2012
One of the best westerns. One of the best TV movies.
½ April 11, 2012
Great story, incredible cast and acting. Cinematography was outstanding too especially if you like Wyoming and Montana.
February 5, 2012
When I watched this film on DVD, the movie ended real abruptly. I thought to myself that was one of the most stupid endings I had ever seen, then thankfully the second part came on and the movie ended how I thought it should. It was a great movie with some great still shots and excellent outdoor filming. If your a western buff I recomment this film. I don't think you'll be disappointed.