Broken Trail - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Broken Trail Reviews

January 27, 2012
I SAW THIS ON TV TWO NIGHT ago 12/30
AND I WANT TO WATCH AGAIN?
December 4, 2011
i can watch it over and over it again i loved it
August 2, 2011
Great Bobby Duvall, Lowell and Mustangs.
June 14, 2011
Watching this from time to time... hanging out with the characters.
May 10, 2011
I would love to have seen this on the big screen..As westerns go this one has to make into your top 10..when I first read that Church was in it I was concerned...after watching..... I'm asking his management team WHY??? have I not seen him in other westerns....if you like westerns at all, give it a look
April 25, 2011
really solid. one of the best tv movies i've seen. right on par with a good theatrical western.
April 24, 2011
Why is it that Robert Duvall seems so perfect in every cowboy movie I've ever seen him in? Unstated and long, but both in good ways. It allows the movie and characters to develop, and have wonderful silent spaces. A languid movie, in just the right way.
April 23, 2011
Unique pairing of Duval and Church grounds this unique western road trip that includes horse herding, gunplay, and the Oriental slave trade. It's the emotional touches that brand you and let you know it's one exceptional piece of work.
½ February 9, 2011
I watched this movie again. I like even more. Last time watched it I never had time. This time I watched it I love it. Broken Trail. The actors done a great job. Of course part one and two. But I love this movie.
½ February 6, 2011
Good miniserie, but not enough plump women
January 21, 2011
An absolute masterpiece. I have never seen a western that is so entertaining, dramatic and yet so absolutely realistic. From the acting, to the scripts right down the setting and costumes. Haden Church gives an absolutely sublime yet gritty performance which is mirrored in many ways by Gwendolyn Yeo's debut as well. A true american masterclass in film making.
January 7, 2011
I mostly have problems with the editing and pacing, they could have easily shaved off half an hour. However, they fill in the extra time with some truely amazing shots.
½ December 8, 2010
Best western since Lonesome Dove and Unforgiven. Compelling story, interesting characters and spectacular scenery, what's not to like.
November 29, 2010
I love westerns and so really enjoyed this movie, Although everything says it is 3 hours it was more like 5 hours!
September 20, 2010
This is one Western which is heavy on the drama, light on the gunslinging. It's about 2 estranged family members who stumble upon human trafficking of some asian chicks, which back then in the Old West asians were exploited for cheap labor, etc. It could use a little editing (it runs so long!), but it was worth watching to me, because Thomas Haden Church and Robert Duvall act the f*ck out of their roles, especially in the "showdown" scene towards the end.

In the showdown scene, our two lead characters are ambushed by the traffickers, are cornered, outnumbered, outgunned and are in fear of their lives. Their emotions are so raw and so palpable, you don't just SEE the terror in their eyes, you can actually FEEL it. Robert Duvall was SUCH a badass in it too, btw.
½ August 14, 2010
One of the best Westerns - if not *the* best - that I've seen. Duvall is superb, but so is the rest of the cast. A good length you can really get into, and also brilliantly structured - it's the same director as Deadwood and in the attitude to community, violence, and "what we're here for", that really shows. Brilliant movie.
½ July 3, 2010
This is a well made movie. Very enjoyable.
May 29, 2010
A great Western epic with all the beautiful shots of the landscape and the color of the entire film.
½ May 6, 2010
Great performances by two real cowboys.
April 8, 2010
When I watched this film on DVD, the movie ended real abruptly. I thought to myself that was one of the most stupid endings I had ever seen, then thankfully the second part came on and the movie ended how I thought it should. It was a great movie with some great still shots and excellent outdoor filming. If your a western buff I recomment this film. I don't think you'll be disappointed.