Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony Reviews

• Jun 16, 2018

Really a terrible movie. Tara Strong is insufferable

Really a terrible movie. Tara Strong is insufferable

• Jan 15, 2016

Far too self-congratulatory to be of much use as a documentary of what might be an interesting sub culture.

• Dec 31, 2015

"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" is a documentary dedicated to the adult obsession with the cartoon show, "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic." While many people find the Brony movement to be a bit odd, this documentary humanizes the trend. It's easy to make a blanket judgment that "Bronies are weird" but once you see their faces and hear their stories, it becomes obvious that this is a group of normal people with a common interest. Some of them are weird, but you get that in any group of people. The most important part of the documentary is that we meet individuals and see how their life has a Brony has helped them to find an outlet for their creativity, communicate better with their parents, find a significant other, cope with their Asperger syndrome, etc. I like the geographical approach of this documentary, highlighting Bronies from different countries to emphasize this worldwide phenomenon. One of the most amazing things the this documentary displays is how this group of people live out the morals of the cartoon to make the world a better place. From charitable auctions at conventions to the actors giving their time to visit sick kids, this is a group that has been inspired by the lessons in each episode. The tone of the film is very positive, focusing on the good that this cartoon has done for its fandom instead of the judgment of the outside world. I'm not going to become a Brony myself, but "Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" has opened my eyes to what this hobby is all about and the good that it can do for our society.

• Dec 12, 2015

As far as my opinion on the show I have no opinion, when my little sister gets me to watch it with her, I'm facebooking on my phone. However as to the message of the doc, it's good. If you're into that stuff and it doesn't hurt anyone else then enjoy it, who am I to judge.

• Sep 23, 2015

I heard people talking about this and they said it was good. No, it isn't. I don't get it and I am glad I don't. But more power to these people if it makes em happy but this isn't an interesting documentary in any way.

• Jul 20, 2015

I'll admit I used to watch mlp, and I've watched at least 100 tv shows and cartoons in my life, I've played video games a lot, have watched many movies, watched YouTube and vines, and love sports especially college basketball, so yeah. :D

• Marcus W Super Reviewer
    Feb 24, 2015

The documentary is far too tolerant and refuses to look at this from any other direction.

• Dec 28, 2014

Having grown up in a world in which virtually every aspect of living was very gender specific, I could not help but initially find the brony phenomenon a tad unsettling, even though my rational mind told me that as long something was not a destructive force, there really shouldn't be anything wrong with it. But the documentary progressed to illustrate that My Little Pony generally had a very positive effect on its fans. Well, whatever it takes for us to not maim or kill one another senselessly...

• Nov 13, 2014

I am not a brony, but a friend and I watched this documentary in an attempt to find an answer to the simple question "why?" Well, we got one. The fandom, while I'm not a part of it, is actually quite a fascinating thing to witness. I may not be interested in the show myself, but I now understand why others might be. I also now see just how much they like it, and how much of an impact it has had on the personal lives of millions. It's a very well-constructed documentary with a variety of personalities and a brisk pace. It also makes some interesting film choices, including having animated segments with a pony professor explaining things. I don't usually think of documentaries as fun, but this one was very fun.

• Sep 10, 2014

So this documentary does help you understand this strange sub-culture and some of the motivators that people have for following and being fanatics about 'My Little Pony' Though the film didn't get into the actual tv program in too much detail, but really just focused on the fans of the show, the back story of each of these fans helped to tell the story of why this show has become such a big phenomenon and has thousands of fans across the globe.