Brother Bear 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Brother Bear 2 Reviews

½ September 1, 2016
Lately I've been watching a lot of animated movies. It may or may not have something to do with my refusal to grow up. But anyways, I feel that Brother Bear 2 does a rare thing: it beats its predecessor. The film not only has a better story than Brother Bear, but also more humor and romance in the plot (I'm a girl, sue me).

It's not one of the best Disney movies released, but it still provides satisfactory entertainment. During a sad scene, I even shed a single tear. There weren't any other tears because I didn't feel like crying.
June 13, 2016
Damn Disney back at it again with making a shit sequel to an amazing start of a series
March 27, 2016
Es una secuela regular e innecesaria para la magistral obra de 2003. Cómo película aparte es bien: buena para pasar un rato agradable y gráficamente también es aceptable, aspecto en que si queda bien parada frente a la primera.
February 10, 2016
It's a straight to DVD sequel so if you have the right expectations in mind, it's a decent movie. The first one is definitely better but it's a nice little story that younger audiences will enjoy. Not quite as heartfelt as the first one was but still a nice little movie with some laughs and heart.
January 7, 2016
Simple y sencilla, es como shrek al final.
December 30, 2015
140407: Lacks pace. Not a strong film but strong enough to be a good one watch. Brought Grandma to tears.
December 23, 2015
a sequel that actually improves upon its predecessor
very very short but the filmmakers decided to take the next big leap in the story
Kenai and Koda are brothers closer than any yet things get tricky when they run into an old friend of Kenai's when he was human, Nita
she's marrying a member of her village but the spirits of the Northern Lights say she cant do it unless she breaks the bond her and Kenai shared back when they were kids
Koda is starting to feel a bit neglected as well seeing as how Kenai might consider going back to his old life and abandoning him forever
the film's plot is extremely thin and it's just an excuse to show the characters get into all kinds of antics
the mooses are pointless but the real focus here is sort-of a love triangle between the 3 leads choosing true love over brotherly-love
the animation thank goodness isn't sucky and you are transported back into the wilderness with Koda and Kenai
this is more what the first movie should have done better
November 7, 2015
One of Disney's more successful DTV sequels that managed to suppress the enjoyment of the predecessor with about the same magic but more in the fun, charming, heartwarming and emotional nature, despite containing some recycled points. (A-)

(Full review coming soon)
½ August 25, 2015
Not as good as the original, but it will sure make for a good family movie.
½ July 26, 2015
It really wasn't entertaining. I almost fell asleep. Brother Bear didn't need a sequel.
July 14, 2015
Not as interesting of a story line as Brother Bear but its just about in line with the film in terms of quality!
Bradley T. Johnson
November 3, 2014
Perfectly pleasant entertainment that even improves on the theatrically released original. Overall Rating:60
½ October 18, 2014
★★1/2 (out of four)

I am not much of a fan of animated sequels, even if they are straight-to-video ones. "Brother Bear 2" benefits from better than average animation on a cheaper budget. That helps somewhat. Ultimately, however, it pales in comparison to the original and is unneeded and unwanted.
½ August 23, 2014
You know you've been kind of a stick in the mud this entire trip!

Kenai and Koda are still brothers and best friends and they feel perfectly happy together and that they don't need anything else. One day they come across Nita, a former girlfriend of Kenai's from when he was human. She is tied to him by a sacred promise and amulet they exchanged as children and they now need to destroy the amulet so Nita can marry another. Kenai, Koda, and Nita will embark on an adventure to destroy the amulet.

"Once you fall in love with someone, they stay in your heart forever."

Ben Gluck, director of Alpha and Omega, delivers Brother Bear 2 in his major motion picture debut. The storyline for this movie is fairly average and not too far of a stretch from the first film. The animation style is okay and as you'd expect from a Disney sequel.

"We rob from the rich and give to the less fortunate!"

My daughter and I grabbed this off Netflix last week as she fairly enjoyed the original. She did find it entertaining and watched it all the way through. I did feel they weren't creative enough with the plot but that seems consistent with the Disney sequels. Overall, this is worth watching with your children once but I wouldn't purchase it.

"Don't encourage them!"

Grade: C
½ June 24, 2014
As far as Disney DTV sequels go, Brother Bear 2 turns down the suck with above average animation, plus Rick Moranis & Dave Thomas revisit their Canadian moose characters for more beauty laughs.
May 11, 2014
I loved this sequel more than the first brother bear because this sequel holds a deeper meaning for those who searches for it. I'm 13 years old and i still love watching this sequel.
½ April 11, 2014
Exactly as dull and as boring as the first. I guess I gotta give DisneyToon props for keeping to its source material.
½ February 7, 2014
Enjoyable. Very linear.
January 21, 2014
Cheap plot, bad humor and yet another Disney sequel where the lead is recast. Not worth the time.