Reviews

• Jan 31, 2017

Not a good movie to watch

Not a good movie to watch

• Jun 07, 2016

This was a great war film come on guys, there are people out there who have knocked this film way down. It does not deserve a bad review, it was well thought out, the music was absolutely amazing and the acting really good. the lead Tino Struckmann did an amazing job some of the scenes really got to me. And I agree they did their research many small details in there, not just a fluffy movie. would love to see Struckmann in a remake of the Iron Cross, or a brother movie with Olivier Grunor they play really well of each other. For any war film it is a must see, it is an independent film but put very well together despite of that.

• Jun 07, 2016

I found it a most compelling film, With strong historic content. The producers really have understood this terribly period and with all the small subtleties and dangers. I was very impressed and can only recommend it. I also very much enjoyed the lead actors I found all in this film did a very good job.

• Jun 06, 2016

I have to say I do not feel the rough critique of this film justified. Sure it is an Indie film and not of a million dollar budget. but they put a lot of effort into it, a lot of historic facts and nice war scenes, The tanks and guns were real not fake CGI and they made a serious effort here. I truly enjoyed it and watched it several times, there are some really good points to it, and the acting was solid on all parts. And of all the war films I have seen this is absolutely one of the better ones. And as film fans we should acknowledge those of smaller budgets not just run them over because they did not have a studio budget. solid story line and subplots they get a thumb up.

• Jun 01, 2016

This was an awesome independent film, really well made and well acted. I loved the story absolutely original and well thought out. The lead Tino Struckmann did a fantastic job leading this film, a great supporting cast, some well known faces compliments Struckmann's performance. But Struckmann belongs in great studio films to really shine and when Hollywood gets a look at him, I know he will get a chance to be a great star. Great movie, if you are a war film fan you must see.

• May 13, 2014

I felt from the beginning this film was going to be terrible! Low budget, horrible acting and the German accents were butchered. When vehicles or planes were shown, they looked like as if it was a scene from Thomas the Train. Brother's War? more like Boring War! I spend $1 to see this movie and I feel violated!

• May 13, 2014

Completely unconvincing. "Soldiers", in combat who's clean-shaven faces are untouched by war, vehicles that look brand-new and unused, grossly un-military battlefield behaviour, cheap special effects, stereotype casting. Performance by all actors casual and off-hand, no passion, no grit. You might overlook all this if there was an interesting story to be told, which there isn't.

• Sep 17, 2012

This has got to be the worst war movie ever made.

This has got to be the worst war movie ever made.

• Jun 11, 2012

The premise is interesting but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. The acting in particular is woefully stiff and just painful to watch, especially on the russian side (where everyone seems to be the same 1 dimensional evil thug, but with slightly different hats). Also, love the fact that the name of this straight-to-dvd gem WILL mislead you into thinking you're actually buying Brothers AT War and for some reason I doubt that's a mere coincidence.

• Mar 20, 2012

Poorly produced war drama with a low-quality grade of film.

Poorly produced war drama with a low-quality grade of film.