Brothers at War - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Brothers at War Reviews

½ November 3, 2015
An honest documentary about the lives of American soldiers in Iraq, initially conceived by the filmmaker as a way to portray the routine and experiences of his two brothers serving there but then growing into something quite revealing about the relationship between them.
August 30, 2012
I am not going to watch this.
March 7, 2012
Real heroism in this excellent documentary. God bless our troops!
May 15, 2011
Amazing, though provoking. Thank you.
½ March 15, 2011
its an interesting view from the inside about soldiers and their families. It's the real thing, with all the bad and good.
½ January 31, 2011
Great documentary that gives you frontline action and short sojourns home by the soldiers. Each group the director goes out to recon with has a stand-out character all their own. The line between civilian life and being on the front line is a chasm some cannot cross. Well done for its ability to stay politically neutral, for the most part, and actual combat footage the director expereinced.
January 10, 2011
Good documentary that takes you into combat in Iraq and the battle that is fought on the home front. It is worth a look.
September 27, 2010
This is a documentary about a filmmaker who does two embeds in Iraq in an attempt to be closer to his two brothers (who have both done tours there in the US Army). The first half is a bit slow, but it successfully sets up the powerful and moving second half.
August 15, 2010
To all men and women who serve our country... I salute you... God bless you ALL!!
July 17, 2010
I was finally able to get the time to watch this film & I was truly moved by it. Well done. I would encourage everyone to watch it for themselves too.
June 23, 2010
this was great for a army film but it did have Marines also. love the real action it showed. got to see more of whats really going on. i hope there are more to come
½ June 7, 2010
one reason i liked this film is it shows what these guys go thru in the war and how they khow that they could die and also shows how hard it can be to leave loved ones behind what it showed to me is being a soldier is a very hard task and you also have to make a commitment to serve for your country
May 12, 2010
This film is everything that 'The Hurt Locker' wishes it could be, but can't. THIS is the face of war, the ups, the downs, the quick...and the dead. There's no false bravado in 'Brothers At War', but there's much bravery, and courage surrounds you like the very air we breathe. I have such great respect for CPT Rademacher and SGT Rademacher, and their brother, Hollywood ;)
Thank you, guys. I appreciate what you're doing, and why you're doing it. But, I'm biased - The 525th is my old unit.
½ April 25, 2010
Worth watching at least once
April 17, 2010
A great documentary, helps you understand the sacrifices made by our solders. A story of two brothers serving in Iraq.
April 8, 2010
what a message they are sending..... bull shit
March 20, 2010
If you know someone that has served, or is serving, in Iraq this might be a good documentary to watch.
March 12, 2010
It is more of how a family deals with soldiers in Iraq and life in the States. What I didn't like was that it did not portray the other side in Iraq. You know, innocent people dying or asking the hard questions like are we really fighting for freedom and the safety of Americans? But at the end it is the soldier's point of view...
March 9, 2010
A look from the eyes of one man who is seeing what his brothers are really doing in Iraq while on deployment. Very well made with no apparent political bias.
February 13, 2010
"Brothers at War" is a well-rounded documentary made by Jake Rademacher, who decided to venture twice to Iraq to understand why 2 of his brothers do what they do in the Army. In this film, there's really nothing overtly unique or innovative in the genre of documentaries, but Rademacher's film does what more documentaries should do: objectively presents a story about real people in a real war --- and he gives us this story without a political agenda. There really is no reason why anyone would say this documentary is for or against the war. And that aspect is truly appealing.

With simple interviews, honest dialogue, and real-life scenarios, Rademacher created a unique film that lets people into the emotional realities of being a family member of a deployed soldier. Honest and, at times, moving, "Brothers at War" is a breath of fresh air when compared to all of the political crap polluting the media of America for the last decade.