The Brothers Grimm - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Brothers Grimm Reviews

½ August 14, 2014
Disturbing and not very enchanting for his title that doesn't worth. Hope more about this film that disappoint the people who likes Grimm tales.
½ August 1, 2014
Decidedly average. The costumes were great, the sets were very good. This film suffers from a pretty lame plot.
½ July 23, 2014
The worst movie I have ever seen
½ June 23, 2014
A strange movie that just makes not much sense. You might expect a bit more from the director of "Brazil" and "Three Monkeys", but this messy mix of fairytales and real persons (the brothers Grimm) shoots over the top. The idea may be a good one, but the boring realization doesn't justify such a waste of talent.
June 20, 2014
An interesting take on fairytales - there's a bit of Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, Red Riding Hood, Hansel & Gretel, you name it! Ledger & Damon are good, but it never feels like they have much input/control over what's happening - it's all very scatter-shot. It's good seeing Headey pre-Cersei, but there's some crap accents throughout and some dodgy CGI. I always feel like what's in Gilliam's mind is better than what ends up on film. I hope one day he makes a fully-realised film...
May 30, 2014
This movie is boring
May 25, 2014
An interesting take on famous fairy tales that I think could have had a lot of potential. However this ended up being poorly executed on basically all fronts. The acting was horrible, despite a lot of talented cast members. The effects were sloppy and this just ended up being....boring.
May 10, 2014
I love Terry Gilliam but this is a shitty movie
½ April 13, 2014
I really thought this would be horrible given the subject matter, Gilliam's tendency to meander and be over the top, and the fact it was Damon and Ledger but actually I really rather enjoyed it. And it was genuinely creepy scary in parts for someone like me who hates creepy crawlies and the like. I thought it was pretty clever, when it could so easily have been obvious and whilst the whole French army angle was a bit messy and confused, overall it still works. Heath Ledger really was a talented actor, he's very good here I thought. It all looks and sounds great, more or less. I've no idea why it got so panned, frankly. Give it a go.
April 13, 2014
No stars possibly the worse movie ever made. Even Monica Bellucci (who I love muchly) couldn't save this messy drizzle.
½ March 25, 2014
Disappointing rubbish!!
March 24, 2014
Oh boy. I wanted to like this. I really did. This whole film was just a mess, though. From weak characters to weak storytelling this film felt incredibly sporadic and it seemed like they couldn't quite decide what genre or tone they were ultimately going for. It also failed to make me care about the protagonists and in the end I was rooting for the Evil Queen (who, truthfully, felt pretty shoehorned in). There were some pretty visuals. And that was really about it.
March 16, 2014
I wished for so much more but it did not deliver.
March 11, 2014
Some great imagery and special effects, and what can i say other than: Heath Ledger.
½ February 28, 2014
ok weaving of children's tales.
February 19, 2014
Don't waste your time. So disappointed by the lacking of what "could have been" with all there is to work with in this world.
February 16, 2014
Messy but nonetheless entertaining thanks to the fine performances and chemistry between Matt Damon and Heath Ledger.
February 15, 2014
Esperaba mucho, mucho mas de la union entre Terry Gilliam y los Grimm, por eso correremos un tupido velo para salvaguardar ambas reputaciones.
January 27, 2014
I am truly surprised how much I hated this film. It was silly, the performances were terrible and the truly awful part was the little blob with arms that ate the child and turned him into the gingerbread man? What the hell!
January 11, 2014
One of my all time favorite movies.