The Brothers Grimm - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Brothers Grimm Reviews

½ March 3, 2015
Matt Damon and Heath ledger are great but the rest of the movie is bleh
January 21, 2015
Ca partait bien, la realisation est plutot bonne mais je ne sais pour quelle raison le film ne suscite aucun enthousiasme, l'histoire est plate et ne passionne pas. Dommage.
½ January 19, 2015
The Brothers Grimm is chock-full of talented people but doesn't know what to do with them resulting in a bizarre; and rather boring; misfire.
½ November 30, 2014
I wanted to like this film. I even was looking forward for this film. But it fell flat lacking all the charm of a Gilliam production. Pass.
November 16, 2014
The Brothers Grimm isn't without its funny and enjoyable moments, but overall is a very boring and uninteresting film wasting two endearing performances.
November 5, 2014
Okay. Really slow beginning. Pretty good film. It seemed like it had three story arcs, it felt like A Kid in King Arthur's Court, a mash-up of different fairy tales minus taking place in the present day.
½ October 10, 2014
Disturbing and not very enchanting for his title that doesn't worth. Hope more about this film that disappoint the people who likes Grimm tales.
October 7, 2014
Very clever. Funny ending though.
½ September 6, 2014
50%
A fine if cliched mish-mash of fairy tales and lore.
½ August 18, 2014
Brothers Grimm is about a pair of phonies, who create fairy tales and then exploit the victims for solving the mystery with fake magic and spells stumble upon a real life fairy tell. This is the worst movie of 2005. The movie has some really creepy and some horrible scenes were cats and animals getting killed in this movie.
½ August 14, 2014
½ August 1, 2014
Decidedly average. The costumes were great, the sets were very good. This film suffers from a pretty lame plot.
½ July 23, 2014
The worst movie I have ever seen
½ June 23, 2014
A strange movie that just makes not much sense. You might expect a bit more from the director of "Brazil" and "Three Monkeys", but this messy mix of fairytales and real persons (the brothers Grimm) shoots over the top. The idea may be a good one, but the boring realization doesn't justify such a waste of talent.
June 20, 2014
An interesting take on fairytales - there's a bit of Rapunzel, Sleeping Beauty, Red Riding Hood, Hansel & Gretel, you name it! Ledger & Damon are good, but it never feels like they have much input/control over what's happening - it's all very scatter-shot. It's good seeing Headey pre-Cersei, but there's some crap accents throughout and some dodgy CGI. I always feel like what's in Gilliam's mind is better than what ends up on film. I hope one day he makes a fully-realised film...
May 30, 2014
This movie is boring
May 25, 2014
An interesting take on famous fairy tales that I think could have had a lot of potential. However this ended up being poorly executed on basically all fronts. The acting was horrible, despite a lot of talented cast members. The effects were sloppy and this just ended up being....boring.
May 10, 2014
I love Terry Gilliam but this is a shitty movie
½ April 13, 2014
I really thought this would be horrible given the subject matter, Gilliam's tendency to meander and be over the top, and the fact it was Damon and Ledger but actually I really rather enjoyed it. And it was genuinely creepy scary in parts for someone like me who hates creepy crawlies and the like. I thought it was pretty clever, when it could so easily have been obvious and whilst the whole French army angle was a bit messy and confused, overall it still works. Heath Ledger really was a talented actor, he's very good here I thought. It all looks and sounds great, more or less. I've no idea why it got so panned, frankly. Give it a go.
April 13, 2014
No stars possibly the worse movie ever made. Even Monica Bellucci (who I love muchly) couldn't save this messy drizzle.