Bruce Almighty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bruce Almighty Reviews

September 12, 2017
Plenty dumb Jim Carrey vehicle that has him acquire God's abilities when he spites God a little too much for his liking So there's plenty of hijinks when he realizes what he can do, but then he realizes that with great power comes great responsibility. It's all a bit earnest and pat. Not my favorite Carrey movie.
September 4, 2017
Despite the generic theme and very basic screen writing it turns out to be a good solid comedy thanks to great acting by Jim Carrey and Morgan Freeman.
September 3, 2017
Jim Carrey at his finest. Hilarious movie that kicks major ass.
½ August 30, 2017
Not a Jim Carrey fan but one of his better films, nice idea!
August 14, 2017
Bruce Almighty is a great movie with a premise I think we have all asked ourselves. "What if we were God". The movie isn't flawless, but it is funny.
August 9, 2017
The cast does a good job in their respective roles, however, Bruce Almighty lacks consistency and enough laughs to make it any better.
July 28, 2017
One of my favorite movies ever. Perhaps the best Jim Carrey movie that I have seen along with Ace Ventura. Light hearted and funny, and of course includes Morgan Freeman!
July 19, 2017
When I was younger, I saw this movie several times in school. Up to this day and no matter how many times I see it, I still find it brilliant.
July 15, 2017
I have not seen this until now. I thought Jim Carrey was great and this was very funny. Sadly you do not see Jim Carrey much these days and that is a shame. Morgan Freeman, as always, was great too. Exceedingly funny at times.
July 7, 2017
Jim Carey and Jennifer Aniston are good in this movie I remember watching this movie a long time ago and I found it funny
June 24, 2017
This film reminded me of the days when a comedy could have a high concept rather than the slew of comedies these days which focus on a heightened reality. Carrey is very enjoyable in the main role as his Morgan Freeman as God. Some good sight gags but I think that multiple views does make the film feel stale in places.
½ June 11, 2017
Nice movie to watch, never bored at the time when he bring the moon LOL
June 8, 2017
Not hugely funny, but enjoyable
½ April 1, 2017
Good learning story. I love these actors. Good movie. I'd watch it again.
March 27, 2017
Fuck you cunts. Best film ever.
March 20, 2017
Not a good Jim Carrey comedy, don't know how it spawned a sequel. Nothing special, very standard
½ March 10, 2017
I don't know why the critical responses are so mean like that... Jim Carrey's funny acting and smart script are both the best elements of this film, made Bruce Almighty a hilarious movie for all-ages.
½ February 7, 2017