Bruce Almighty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bruce Almighty Reviews

½ November 10, 2018
This film was almost good.
November 4, 2018
an enjoyable comedy with a good basis, but in itself creates an unlikeable protagonist and disappointing ending.
October 26, 2018
What a strange movie! I only like Jim Carrey in serious roles ( such as in The Truman Show) and I've only every liked Jennifer Aniston in Friends. This movie is so bad, it barely deserves one star! The story is awful to the highest degree. It is absolutely tasteless, that when Bruce makes the moon bigger and causes floods, that there is real footage of real floods on TV. This is just an example of Hollywood living in fuzzy TV land without any regard for real life or real people's feelings. What is the point of this story? I can't see it at all!
½ October 19, 2018
Jim Carrey forgets that a good comedy must contain more than just slapstick silliness.
October 15, 2018
One of the best movies i have watched with jim carrey in it, it shows carrey at the peak of his career and the comedy is priceless
September 20, 2018
I admit this movie is pretty funny, but the main character, Bruce, ruined the entire movie for me. He's selfish and childish, and when he finally becomes a "better person," it's literally for about 10 minutes. And that was after he was hit by a truck!
½ September 14, 2018
You go in expecting a typical Jim Carrey flick, and you walk out questioning whether or not you just saw a religious rip-off of The Mask.
September 12, 2018
Loved this movie. Jim Carrey best movie of the 2000s era. Great support cast in particular Morgan Freeman as god and probably sounds like god. Jennifer Aniston in a very sweet role as Bruce girlfriend. In the end he has to get things right to succeed. Echoes of a Groundhog Day style. ending. Nice ending with the vagabond turning into Morgan Freeman. This movie works best when Freeman and Carrey interact. Great great movie.
September 5, 2018
Bruce Almighty is a comedy movie released in the 31 of july ,2003 directed by Tom Shadyac that has made and direct other famous movies like "Liar, liar" in 1997.

In this movie they are many good actors like Jim Carrey as Bruce Nolan from " The Truman Show" and from "The Grinch", and others amazing actors like Jennifer Aniston as Grace Connelly for the television series "FRIENDS" and from the movie "Rock Star", Morgan Freeman as God from the movie "Batman" and from "Lucy", and Steve Carell as Evan Baxter from "Beautiful Boy" and from "Alexander and the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day"

This movie is about a television reporter call Bruce Nolan that has constant bad luck in his work and with his wife so that's why he complains to God. So after God listen Bruce, he offers to give him his powers and job with just two rules, and then is when Bruce start doing crazy things with his new powers but maybe somethings can go wrong.

I think this movie is one of the best movies of the world because it has incredibles soundtracks like "I've got the power" by Snap that is a really famous song. Another awesome things about this movie is the funny scenes like when Bruce start using his new powers. Also this movie have good special effects that are really funny. This movie can make you cry at the end because is really unexpected.

In scale of 1 to 10, I give 10 because is a really funny movie that you can watch in family and pass a good moment. Also you can learn about the importance and the powerful that is God.
By: Lucia
September 4, 2018
Bruce Almighty is a funny movie and some of the parallels of the film seek to propose a lesson to mankind, as absurd as it sounds with a movie starring Jim Carrey. Carrey plays a man who is suddenly bestowed with the power to be a God, directly given the authority by God himself Morgan Freeman. This is a hilarious take on a moral issue and the flow of the film is good with some great laughs along the way. Jennifer Aniston and Steve Carell round off the cast with aplomb. Watch this one to have a hearty laugh and ponder the subject of religion.
August 20, 2018
July 7, 2018
lots of hilarious moments and very funny overall. but the serious moments and the story itself slows it down. more modern comedies are better at sticking to comedy and avoid trying to have life lessons (about 3 viewings)
½ June 9, 2018
I thought bruce almighty was okay but I didn't like it. There was a lot of weird moments in it. And I also thought that the story was okay but I really was not too impressed by the story of this movie. But Jim carrey was still great in it. Morgan freeman was also good in it.
June 8, 2018
Very interesting concept i have to say
June 1, 2018
This movie is one of the most funny movies i've seen.
May 31, 2018
I love Carreys Performance in this movie! :)
May 18, 2018
Funny and heartwarming. Jim Carrey's performance combines his signature humor with some of his serious acting in The Truman Show, The Majestic, and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
March 27, 2018
funny but sometimes not. "Bruce Almighty" has a great cast but the story lacks depth.
January 13, 2018
why do you hate me..

Bruce Almighty

Finally, Jim gets what he deserves; enough range for him to flex and flaunt his comic skills but unfortunately Bruce Almighty only feeds on its lead character.
January 7, 2018
Humorous at times. Can be affensive. So the great acting can't save this movie