Bruce Almighty - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bruce Almighty Reviews

November 27, 2016
Really funny, Drew Carey is on point once again
October 6, 2016
I've seen it but don't remember much about it
October 3, 2016
This was kind of a "welcome back from the dark side" broad comedy project for Jim Carrey. A return to Liar Liar form. I like his dark stuff and his light stuff. But this movie actually breaks my heart near the end. But I don't want to say too much for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.
August 15, 2016
I liked Evan Almighty ok, so I guess it would be cool to see this one too.
½ July 11, 2016
There are many powerful moments in this movie, and although, yeah, it's implausible, I enjoyed seeing Carrey and Aniston together. It's worth the watch.
July 6, 2016
Hasn't aged very well, but is still a good comedy!
½ June 4, 2016
Nice movie, but Jim Carrey is a tornado of pure comedy.
½ April 13, 2016
In the comedy, "Bruce Almighty", Bruce Nolan (Jim Carrey) is passed over for a job as anchorman on their local news channel. He believes that God is forgetting his needs and blatantly ignoring him. God (Morgan Freeman) contacts Bruce and gives him all his powers as a test for Bruce to show that he can do a better job. With his new powers, Bruce uses them for himself until he realizes the world's prayers are being unanswered. Before writing this review, I have watched Bruce Almighty countless times. It's my favorite movie, it's funny, and my sister and I enjoy watching it together because it's a very family friendly film.
Based on the first category, Action, I would give this movie an A. There's little suspense, but the comedy in the film keeps the viewer interested. A good example of action in this film is when Bruce runs into a group of gang members beating on a homeless man, later he runs into the same group, this time, scaring them off using his newly found powers.
This movie deserves an A in the category, Actors. Jim Carrey is so funny and outgoing but also believably serious when he is needed to be. A great example of this is when he asks Grace (his ex girlfriend) to come back to him and give him another chance (serious). When she refused he tried to use his powers to make her love him again even when he knew he couldn't go against free will (goofy).
I gave Bruce Almighty an A in the category, storyline. The story is wacky, funny, and easy to follow. An example of putting comedy into this movie is when Bruce went to the cafe right after gaining God's powers and prating the tomato soup, resembling the parting of the red sea mentioned in the Bible.
In my opinion, this film is an A in length.The runtime is about an hour and 40 minutes long. The movie is not extremely long but it's long enough to keep the viewers interested and you definitely feel satisfied by the end.
In the category, cinematography, I rated this film a B. It doesn't have horrible editing and effects but they're not extremely impressive or believable. An example of this is when Bruce was filming a segment on his news channel and wanted to bring interest, so, using his powers, he made a meteorite crash down in the distance. Not fabulous editing but it made it funny.
As a result, in my opinion, this move has 4 A's and 1 B. It's a great family movie and it's funny, Interesting, goofy, and some-what sad at times. It's perfect for late movie nights if you're looking for a good laugh.
April 2, 2016
Bruce Almighty is funny mostly because of Jim Carrey, the movie isn't anything special, but it certainly is a fun watch.
March 28, 2016
Has a good story, funny, and entertaining to watch.
March 27, 2016
Has occasional funny moments!
jamrcla
March 26, 2016
Great comedy from Jim Carrey yet again, Maybe drops at the end and becomes more of a drama than anything and it does kill the mood of the film.
½ March 26, 2016
Not Jim Carrey's best comedy, but it was very funny and entertaining.
½ March 25, 2016
28.07.2003,
25.03.2016
March 3, 2016
You've got to give Jim Carrey his credit... He's an amazing comedian! The movie itself is no masterpiece, but if you're looking for a few laughs, this is it.
January 8, 2016
Aikoinaan olen nähnyt tämän Kööpenhaminassa elokuvateatterissa, nyt uudelleen kotona omalta tykiltä. Hauska. Kunhan jättää aivot narikkaan. Jim Carrey hallitsee kyllä naaman venyttämisen ja muun fyysisen komiikan. Koko leffa tietysti perustuu sille. Tosin Steve Carrellkin on hyvä, taitaa lyödä itsensä läpi juuri tässä leffassa.
Miksei enää tehdä näin hauskoja komedioita?
January 4, 2016
you can laugh for sure.dont mind the plot
½ January 3, 2016
Jim Carrey doesn't believe in vaccinations. He and his movies are idiotic
½ January 1, 2016
Overall positive message and quite entertaining. Jim Carey's zanniness shines through this film. Morgan Freeman stars as the Christ figure. To make it better, i would have merged in more Dostoyevskian-style depth and narrative.