Bruno Reviews

• Apr 04, 2018

Sacha Baron Cohen is phenomenal, great ending.

Sacha Baron Cohen is phenomenal, great ending.

• Jun 28, 2016

This film handles its multi-layered theme of prejudice and oppression with sensitivity and aplomb. The humour belies the powerful message that this film throws at anyone who thinks that difference is something to be avoided. Alex D. Linz and Shirley Maclaine spark together. If this film captures your heart, then so might Ma Vie En Rose [DVD] [1997] or Tomboy [DVD].

• Sep 19, 2014

Pretty entertaining movie with a stupid premise I didn't expect to enjoy this movie but I ended up liking it an overall feel good movie which was entertaining Grade B

• May 24, 2014

I ACCIDENTLY STARTED WATCHING THIS MOVIE THINKING IT WAS THE OTHER "BRUNO". I BECAME CAPTIVATED BY THE STORY AND WATCHED THE WHOLE THING AND LOVED IT!!! IT WAS VERY FUNNY AND MEANINGFUL WITH A GREAT CAST. I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW IT GOT POOR REVIEWS BY THE CRITICS...AS YOU CAN SEE, THE MAJORITY OF AUDIENCE VIEWERS DID TOO. SCREW THE CRITICS!

• Apr 21, 2013

Alex D. Linz is adorable! Interesting characters

Alex D. Linz is adorable! Interesting characters

• Aug 02, 2012

I can understand how this movie was not popular at the time. I can understand why it's not popular now. This is an uncomfortable movie with uncomfortable subjects. Although made in 2000, it shows VERY themes: ambiguity of sex genres, morbid obesity and, above all, bullying. The scenes with the bullying made me really upset. It seemed a little exaggerated, but it happens just like that, I saw it as a teacher. The only difference is that they were going after the victims instead of the abusers... Well, I've seen that too. I think it's a movie that could be better understood today with the current "political" climate.

• Jul 07, 2011

A clever and kind look at the quandry of children's view of gender appropriate behavior, tempered with an expose of the cruelty of children toward others who stray from that invisible line of acceptability.

• Dec 17, 2010

My first question after watching this movie, "what happened to Kiami Davael?", her acting was refreshingly delightful. I did not care much for a boy dressed in a dress however the principle of being yourself was a good message.

• Nov 03, 2010

A most darling little movie, puntuated with lots mind expanding personality qwerks.

• Jul 04, 2010

An honest movie full of quirky yet lovable characters. It also addresses heavy topics like racism and divorce without getting too serious.