The Bucket List - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Bucket List Reviews

June 15, 2016
Cancer patients break out of hospital and go on an adventure and find the meaning of life. It's another Reiner film with a good idea for a movie but not much else.
½ April 20, 2016
Nicholson and Freeman, 2 legends of Hollywood together, this is a tear jerking, heart-warming and very amusing tale of 2 cancer patients who decide to life their lives to the extreme before their upcoming end. Such a moving funny tale of living you life because you never know when it is going to end, and that's a moral I live by.
I have no wrong words about this extremely inspirational flick which leads to rethink life.
Funny, sweet, charming, emotional and all lead by Jack (the only real Joker) Nicholson and Morgan (best voice in the world) Freeman and that made the film even better.
If you love laughing and crying in a film lead my Hollywood legends, watch this it's truly worth a watch,
½ March 27, 2016
While the performaances of both Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson are brilliant in what their roles were. However, the story is not that great, and the title itself is misleading, because, this movie's main focus is not actually "The Bucket List."
February 22, 2016
nothing special....but it's Jack and Morgan
February 21, 2016
Funny and sad. Great movie tho
February 20, 2016
Just because you put Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson in a film with a sob story, some cheap humor and a sad end doesn't make it a good movie.
½ February 9, 2016
A solid effort, decently acted, but through standard direction still handles the comedy and the drama decently.
Only on after-thought did I realize the structure and notice some unnecessary cliches, but it's strong enough as a 'dramedy' to be appreciated for its heart and humor.
This would have been simply a tv movie, but gets lifted above by the perfectly appropriate sharp, tender and cool dynamics of Nicholson and Freeman.
Thankfully Sean Hayes does not derail things, but he comes close at the end.
Otherwise, a decent flick.

3.5 out of 5
January 24, 2016
Heavy on clichés, and very slow going in the beginning, but very entertaining and funny.
January 20, 2016
Touching. Great actors...
January 20, 2016
best movie realy enjoyed end emotionaly
½ January 12, 2016
This film was very successful in making me laugh and cry. However there are a few continuity errors I found distracting. But the overall story and acting performances were very entertaining.
December 24, 2015
I surprisingly enjoyed this film. While watching it, I kind of knew where it was going to go, so nothing unexpected, and the script might be a little to mawkish, but its quite an enjoyable, still touching flick.
½ November 27, 2015
The ending is extremely emotional however the beginning and middle portions are sour and very un-intriguing.
November 1, 2015
Bien que l'histoire est touchante d'un certain point. J'ai peut-être trop vu de film et jai pe trop d'attente, mais il n'y avait rien de re-inventer, d'extraordinaire, rien qui me donne le gout de revoir ce film.... Pas pour moi.
October 29, 2015
Without the talent of the two lead actors this movie would not have garnered even one star.
½ October 25, 2015
The movie never picks up, even during the 2nd half when the characters begin checking off the bucket list, and the film in its entirety has zero heart.
October 22, 2015
Harmless and deliberately schmaltzy The Bucket List is a "bromance" movie about two dying men who meet in a hospital ward. They draw up list of things to do before they pass away and set off, around the world to discover the meaning of life. It is an easy film to watch and the two stars, Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman both play up to their usual type of character with freeman being the dependable family man and Nicholson the womanising Hell-raiser. The fact that they manage to make it watchable and bearable is a testament to their acting skills as plot wise, there really isn't much substance and Rob Reiner tries too hard and too blatantly to pull at the heart-strings to make this movie really memorable.
September 23, 2015
A sad and funny film starring two of the great masters. I could watch these guys forever. If the film doesn't make you cry then maybe your cry-er is broken. And even Sean Hayes was funny and likeable. It's not deep, just a very funny and sad and engaging study of two unlikely guys who become best friends.
½ August 14, 2015
Not the best script, but you can't beat the two venerable leads that easily. Like Sean Hayes in this role--not too over the top, as he usually is, but restrained with a dry wit.
August 8, 2015