Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Season 5 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Season 5 Reviews

½ July 17, 2010
I don't know about this season. It was very weird,and Glory was well....unexplainable. Overall though,I enjoyed watching this season. Glory has to be one of the best villains of Buffy. Right up there with Angel maybe.
May 29, 2010
This season was a little weird when Buffy got a sister but the whole plot will keep you watching.
April 13, 2010
This season is another that I'm not particularly keen on, it's not that I don't like it I just think the other seasons are better. The main focus in this season is a mysterious blonde woman turns up with seemingly incredible powers. Buffy later learns that the woman, named Glory isn't a demon atall, shes a God from another dimension. This season introduced Michelle Trachtenberg (Well she was in the last few seconds at the end of season four but I don't really count that) as Buffy's younger, and hitherto unmentioned sister. Although I know her character was written to be an annoying teenager, she did really well and was just annoying. It is a shame for her really that to most people she was annoying and this probably had a negative impact on her career. The opening episode of this season is one of the better one albeit a little cheesy
½ January 13, 2010
impressive season that introduces an interesting arc for the story to follow. much better then the previous season this gives us more character development and much story.
better then expected this season keeps growing with each season
½ December 31, 2009
One of, if not the best season of Buffy.
Has one of the best cast and character line-ups, some superb episodes, and tons of drama.
Buffy shows no sign of fading in it's 5th year.
½ October 20, 2009
Good season. I couldn't think how to talk about the season so I thought I would just give a summary. Buffy fights with Dracula. Tara and Willow bring Giles back from England. Spike tries to force a doctor to remove the chip from his head. Buffy finds out Dawn is not her sister. Spike tells Buffy about Drusilla turning him into a vampire. Joyce finds out she has a brain tumor. Joyce tells Buffy to take care of Dawn when she dies. Riley becomes addicted to vampire bites. Buffy worries when she sees Spike and Dawn together. Joyce starts dating a mystery man named Brian. Joyce dies in her sleep. Buffy and the gang say bye to her mother. Spike builds himself a Buffy Robot. Buffy tries to control Dawn's life. Glory kidnaps Dawn. Buffy fights to save Dawn and get her back. Will this be Buffy's last fight?
January 4, 2009
The show was back on it's feet as most of the characters that replaced others last Season grew on me a lot. Anya became an instant favorite, always there for a great laugh. Tara was fleshed out and even Riley grew on me a lot.

The rest of the cast also got more interesting, and newcomer Dawn brought one of the most interesting storylines to the show. The key-story was interesting and fresh.

Towards the end, Glory had been used too often and it got a little old. But I still throughoutly enjoyed the Fifth Season.

Episode Ratings:
The Gift - 8/10
May 6, 2007
a definite step up from season 4
½ January 24, 2007
Hi, im rating buffy seassons, for me all were great! but that is my rating, i will write the six and seven at other entry because they allow just 5 ratings
November 26, 2006
Yet another good season of Buffy. This is the "Glory" season. Also, the "Dawn" season. There are some interesting twists and turns for these characters, and there are also some good episodes involving Spike and also Buffy's Mom.

Overall, every episode is solid. The season gets off to a slow start, but once some plot points involving Riley are taken care of, things get way better. Some of the better ones are Into the Woods, Crush, The Body, Forever, Spiral, and The Gift (the season finale, which was one of the best episodes of the entire series). It seemed like this season was trying to return a little to the campy, witty, emotionally moving sort of show it was before season 4. Nice return to form (but it was still no "Season 2")!

Watch this if you want to see more of Spike (and Buffybot).
May 15, 2006
[b]Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Season Five (2000-2001)[/b]
June 25, 2005
Reviews coming soon!
½ April 24, 2005
The only TV shows I even bother to watch are Buffy and Xena, they are really the only shows with women in the lead kicking a** along the way.