Bug Buster Reviews

• Mar 14, 2013

went str8 to video what does that tell ya?

went str8 to video what does that tell ya?

• Jul 07, 2009

I remember seeing this on Scifi, but I didn't rememebr all the people in it. Seriously it's got George Takei in it! Plus one of the Mighty Ducks, although he pretty much just acts like his Mighty Ducks character. It's as cheesy as you would think. But the commercials were entertaining.

• May 11, 2009

So terrible it's hysterical.

So terrible it's hysterical.

• Aug 04, 2008

Truely terrrible film about killer 'roaches! Some dreadfull acting ( I'm talking about you George Takei ), terrible effects etc... Don't bother watching this!

• Jul 01, 2008

Rubbish but strangely watchable low budget creature feature helped along by creepy bugs and gross effects. Trek's Sulu and Scotty co-star in career worst performances, and Randy Quaid doesn't help matters. Rising above the drek is a fantastic sleazy tv reporter who delivers in every scene. It's a train wreck, but you can get some laughs from it.

• Luke B Super Reviewer
    Jun 23, 2008

Pretty bad even where bad is concerned. Before Grey's Anatomy and before Knocked Up Katherine Heigl gave us Bug Buster. Poor performances from what should be an alright cast blur the lines between over the top comic relief and just crude acting. Awful special effects and an unstoppable referencing of other films Jaws and Outbreak are mentioned by name this film is lucky it is hilariously bad but also the comedy moments are so bad they are positively excellent. The news station being called FU2 television is cringe worthy chucklesome.

• Jun 22, 2008

I cant believe India made me watch this entire film nor that George Takei lowered himself to be in it. What shit.

• Mar 24, 2008

Silly D-movie about killer cockroaches that take over a small town and attack unsuspecting teenagers, including lead Katherine Heigl (before she turned into a stuck-up bitch A-list celeb). Thanks to Arachnophobia, we are given a John Goodman rip-off in Randy Quaid who's over the top acting and strain for comic relief really makes you feel sorry for him and his career. You also feel sad for Star Trek alum James Doohan and George Takei who attempted to play serious roles but wound up being the true comic relief of the film. Still, there are some silly bugs and silly death to look at for 90 minutes, so why the fuck not?

• Mar 12, 2008

A C-grade monster film with bad acting, bad lines and bad CGI which makes you wonder why George Takei agreed to be part of it. But the reason to catch this pile of mess is to see the over-the-top acting of Randy Quaid as he chews up every scene as a deranged psyched up pestbuster with a flamethrower. And Katherine Heigl simply looks gorgeous back then.

• Jul 23, 2007

A solid B movie that's worth watching for Randy Quaid alone. Not great but fun to watch.