Bugmaster - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bugmaster Reviews

September 1, 2014
I loved it because I love Odagiri Jo, and seeing the anime come to life. However, the time line was confusing - they spliced past scenes with current day ones. Over all, good.
½ March 23, 2013
??????????????????????????????
August 25, 2012
Seems really interesting!
May 17, 2012
I'm in love with the anime, and I liked the movie, even with some big faults, Otomo exacerbating the most enigmatic and horrific facets of the previous story. Still, the main themes are still there - the mix between medic and shaman, the original and unique metaphysical microbilogy, the karmic view of the circle of life, the bittersweet mistery of human life. And, as always, fascinating.
½ April 1, 2012
I really liked this movie. It was as many people say a bit slow-paced, but not so slow that I grew bored. I think that the ending was a bit perplexing, which will only spur me on to read the manga properly even more than the movie was already prodding me to do. I think if you go into it without preconceived notions you will enjoy it more than the people who seem to watch this expecting something spectacular.
December 24, 2011
Not what I expected. Slightly thoughtful tho also bonkers & mystical etc. Quite quiet & slow. Rather liked it. & Odagiri Jo.
July 14, 2011
Quite well done, and somewhat surprising which stories they chose to include. Not really suited for those that haven't read the manga or at least watched the anime though.
½ May 11, 2011
interesting film ...im glad i saw it!
February 2, 2011
I really liked this movie but it could have used some more explanation for me. It started strong but seems to fall flat near the end. The acting was excellent as well as the special effects. I wish it was more true to the anime (ex: Rainbowman was more obsessed in the anime.) I think it deserves a sequel. Recommended for people who like supernatural stuff.
December 21, 2010
I absolutely loved it. I really want to watch the anime series now because this was fantastic.
½ September 11, 2010
i liked it pretty much but i didn't like the fact that nui had to stay alive <///3 in the anime she is one of my fav character because she seems so strong - in the movie her role (especially at the end) is so embarassing!
August 12, 2010
I'm going to say as little as possible about the live adaptation of Mushishi. If you are a die-hard fan of the Manga or Anime series, then you should love this film regardless. Are there a few problems with it? Yes. Are there enough problems wrong with it, to give it a bad review? No, not at all. If you have no idea what Mushishi is, then you might be a tad lost or you might not even care for the film. It does tend to jump a bit, and it is unclear in several parts for those who are unfamiliar with Mushishi. All in all the film is a success. The acting is great, the visuals are beautiful, and it is overall very entertaining, though it does drag here and there. Like I said, if you love the Manga and the Anime series, then you should love this film, as I did.
½ April 18, 2010
Live-action adaptation of the Japanese manga by Yuki Urushibara. It started slow & a bit silly: spirits of nature in "bug" form, a child with horns, glowing koi . Then it turned into something thats a cross between a scifi & fantasy tale. Just keep watching for beautiful photography, lyrical scenes, unique special effects. Definately a one-of-a-kind film.
½ April 7, 2010
‚??El fantasmal esp√≠ritu de la naturaleza que respira dentro de todo ser vivo... y muerto, el Mushi‚??. Seres de luz que conviven en este mundo sin ser vistos por muchos. Ginko es uno de las personas que puede verlos, se ha convertido en ‚??mushishi‚??, un experto en tales criaturas que ejerce como sanador. Una pel√≠cula no para cualquier p√ļblico, aunque el anime y el manga te llega a fascinar, el live action no se queda atr√°s, katshumiro otomo sabe c√≥mo llegar a intranquilizar con la quietud de este guion, una pel√≠cula bastante sinto√≠sta que nos muestra a un esp√≠ritu del flujo de vida nuevo para el occidentalismo.
½ February 17, 2010
Se parece muchísimo al anime y al manga, pero es un poco sosa.
January 22, 2010
Mushishi,hushly work via the voice of nature visualize.
Conjuring with modern sense could also have envisage the interpretness of rare outdated/ou-tway constantly fancy.While the elegant meet the nausea in otherworldly reality.
December 29, 2009
I loved the anime, but this movie is not very well done. It's an ugly mess of different stories that don't fit together very well. The first half-hour could be removed entirely. The pacing is bad, too. Ginko's background could be depicted in a much better way instead of just being tucked into random places. Despite the pretty cover, the filming isn't very good. It all looks kind of washed-out (especially when compared to the beautiful visuals of the anime). In the end, I was just bored by the whole thing...
November 22, 2009
Film je cudan i do sada slicno nisam gledao, na momente jeziv i zbog nekih obaveza sam prekinuo gledanje na pola filma ali cekam jedno lepo vece da ga odgledam do kraja.

PREPORUKA ko voli kinematografiju bliskog istoka kao i Anime, Manga teme
November 8, 2009
very interesting story that have to pay attention to and relate to the religion of Japan,Shintoism. love the acting especially Jo and Yu.