Bugs Bunny's 3rd Movie: 1001 Rabbit Tales - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Bugs Bunny's 3rd Movie: 1001 Rabbit Tales Reviews

½ November 26, 2013
Enjoyed this more then the other 2.. But didn't really like the new human characters they created. They lacked any goofy qualities. Still, some classic cartoons here, including of course, "A Courtin; We Will Go"
June 28, 2012
It's hard to go wrong with Bugs Bunny and the Looney Tunes crew, provided they are limited to 6-8 minute shorts and not thrust into a 90 minute movie. The action movies from one skit to the next with plenty of Looney Tunes cameos to boot without the warmth we come to expect from this group. With the hodge podge of "stories" in the middle of the bigger story, the film never gains any traction. However, Bugs, Daffy and all the rest are here, so it could always be worse.
January 7, 2012
It's still fun to see these shorts altogether building on a story and Bugs and Daffy are still funny, but will somebody please get rid of the prince?
½ December 23, 2011
Maybe, not as good as the Bugs bunny/Road runner movie. but if you forgive stock footage, you'll enjoy.
March 26, 2011
It's just a bunch of old episodes edited together. It's still brings back the childhood memories though.
Jason Vargo
February 28, 2011
January 30, 2011
Okay, so this is basically recycled vintage clips from Warner Bros, Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies surrounded by a story of book salesmen (Bugs and Daffy). Who cares?! It's so completely fun and entertaining! Capping my night of silent movies with this delightful movie!
January 12, 2011
Another fun Looney Tunes movie full of great cartoons, it's very funny, and anyone who likes cartoons will like this movie.
December 13, 2010
I remembered the cartoons in this compilation more than any other Looney Tunes collection I've seen- and the best part is, it has my all-time favorite, Hansel & Gretel. I had a really good time revisiting this and will probably do it again. More than once.
May 20, 2010
Yet another Looney Tunes compilation feature, this one attempts to create an original story, again by combining classic shorts (some cut, others redubbed in small sections) and newer, sometimes obviously inferior, animated "transitions". This time, Bugs and Daffy are members of the "Rambling House Publishing Company" setting off to sell books. Approximately halfway through, the film shifts focus to Bugs being forced to read fairy tales to Sultan Yosemite Sam's obnoxious son, Prince Abadaba. These include "Tweety and the Beanstalk", "Little Red Riding Hoodwinked", and "One Froggy Evening", all of which feature occasional narration added in from Bugs. It seems as though there are different cuts of this picture, as one of them, screened on the Disney Channel, airs another story which is mysteriously omitted from both the VHS release AND the DVD release. This rather messy situation also makes viewing 1001 RABBIT TALES somewhat odd, as one wonders what the theatrical cut was like.
May 28, 2009
I watched this with my children and found myself laughing right along with them.
January 9, 2009
This gets two stars for the older cartoons and minus 3 for the really unfunny new stuff inserted into it. It is just sad that the couldn't come up with better material for the characters then stuff they did 40 years earlier.
January 8, 2009
Nothing new, as a matter of fact, these were some of the same cartoons in The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner movie. Still had some funny stuff though.
October 17, 2008
Classic Looney Tunes fun!
½ May 12, 2008
I still enjoy watching some Looney Toons. And I still dislike the same characters for the same reasons too.
February 29, 2008
Another nice Looney Tunes compilation film, but it is not as cleverly produced as Bugs Bunny Road Runner movie. And the prince is so annoying.
November 12, 2007
Another average compilation, though the thread tying it together is a bit interesting
½ November 2, 2007
When I was little, this is all I would watch. I found the tape a couple months ago and watched it. It wasn't the same. It was just ok. It did bring back many memories for me though.
October 18, 2007
Rabbit is not good worker.
½ August 24, 2007
Gotta love that "pesky wabbit" LOL...