A Bug's Life - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

A Bug's Life Reviews

½ March 14, 2018
A Bug's Life is at its best when it's dealing with dangerous situations, adventurous elements and action sequences which are stellar. Hopper is the standout part of the film as he is very menacing, highly competent and ultimately the very best Pixar villain alongside Lotso. The film is definitely entertaining and quite solid, but with a familiar storyline, subpar sidekicks and very messy pacing as the plot basically stops for a while when we encounter the Circus Bugs. It is thus one of Pixar's weaker and more forgettable outings and DreamWorks Animation takes the victory here with 'Antz'.
½ March 11, 2018
A Bug's Life is truly the weakest film Pixar has ever created. Though I give it much credit and praise for its innovative and frankly beautiful animation, it suffers from a case of bad writing and a dull story.
February 27, 2018

El segundo largometraje de la factoría Pixar,"A Bug´s Life", baja ligeramente la calidad ofrecida por el estudio en su anterior película, que si bien por mas divertida y entretendida que pueda ser, se ha quedado muy rezagada por las proezas conseguidas por el estudio de animación en sus posteriores filmes.
½ February 19, 2018
"A Bug's Life" is probably the most forgettable of the Pixar franchise. The animation doesn't hold up as much as it did back when it was released but it still is another fun loveable Pixar movie.
January 13, 2018
I remember watching it before, so I decided to watch it again. In my opinion, it is a good movie, but it's nothing like Toy Story 2. Only funny in places, and the storyline is understandable but very weird.
So what I'm saying is that it's not bad, but I wouldn't myself consider it a huge classic.
½ December 25, 2017
With a brilliant Story, astonishing animation and lovable characters, there's no denying that A Bug's Life is one of Pixar's best works. Maybe it and Antz are both great.
December 20, 2017
This is a really special film for its ability to build an interesting world full of characters who grow and make us care while telling a story that feels both epic and intimate. Great work from everyone involved
½ December 17, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Genial y con un gran mensaje sobre la persecución de los sueños, la unión y la creatividad. Una película formadora en valores, e ideal para los más pequeños.
December 2, 2017
Funny Stuff That Rips The Majority Of The Story From Another Gem-Of-Film, An 80's Classic; The 3-Amigo's. Good For The Kids, The Visuals Hold Up So Well With Camera Work That Puts You At That Ground Level With The Bugs..A No Drama, Rainy Sunday Kid Time-Filler..It Carries On From The Disney-Pixar 'Ants' Film Into Another Tangent Story. Gets A Bit Full-On When The Grasshoppers Get Angry, So Maybe Some Lil-Kids Might Find It Scary, But It's Not Too Bad.
½ November 25, 2017
If this weren't for the liar revealed story, the film could have been more interesting! For what it is, this entry in the Pixar cannon is kinda decent.
½ November 14, 2017
A childhood classic. I would recommend to any youngster who is yet to experience a bugs life
½ November 12, 2017
A childhood favorite of mine! Though comparing it to Antz, I've realized the true differences between the two. A bug's life is more family-friendly oriented with less adult themes as well as having a simple story about the conflict of ants and "grasshoppers". I say grasshoppers in quotation because they're more or less like locusts. While Antz is more adult oriented with a more complex and political tone to it describing the message of individualism. After watching both of these recently, picking out on who really did the best job of portraying the world of insects. Antz was the winner for me. However, that's not to say that A bug's life is bad. In fact, it's honestly one of Pixar's most underrated films. I absolutely love the characters! Especially Hopper. Kevin Spacey always does a good job. And the animation is much much better than Antz. At least by today's standards. So overall, A bug's life is an awesome edition to the Pixar family, even if it's message isn't as strong as Antz.
November 4, 2017
I really loved it!! HIGHLY recommend it!
October 25, 2017
this is one of my favorite Disney/Pixar movie ever
½ October 23, 2017
Puntaje Original: 6.5

Genial y con un gran mensaje sobre la persecución de los sueños, la unión y la creatividad. Una peícula formadora en valores, e ideal para los más pequeños.
½ September 29, 2017
This movie is cute, but I tend to like a similar movie called Antz better. Still, this movie has moments of entertainment that I think that younger kids will respond very well to. This is one of Pixar's earlier films, and while I did like it, it is far from their best.
September 24, 2017
I watched this quite a bit as a kid, and it's even more funny and entertaining as an adult! It also is still truly scary. Overall it's a great movie though.
September 16, 2017
After Toy Story became a smash box office hit at the mid 90's, Pixar had to do a second film which I think this is the third computer animated film which is a bit obscure. So after Antz came out they had to release it in November 1998 right before The Prince of Egypt. Flik is an ant who keeps getting into trouble but heard an noise from the distance that sounds like grasshoppers. Now the ants had to stop preparing the food because they heard the grasshoppers are coming and Flik had an accident and had to tell Princess Atta about it. Now the grasshoppers found them underground and the leader of the grasshoppers is called Hopper which is played by Kevin Spacey. He wants the ants to prepare the food for him. If they don't, they will die. So Flik has to go out Ant Island to find someone who can helps the ants and put an end to Hopper's destruction. The circus bugs who are Flik's hero's who helps Flik out to help other ants but Flik finds out that they're not hero's so he has to convince them to help him but was interrupted by a giant bird which that Princess Atta says to Flik that hoppers are afraid of birds. Now they had to build a giant bird made out of leaves and sticks. As they celebrate the victory of planning to scare the grasshoppers, they got interrupted by a noise and the the owner of the circus named P.T. had to ask the ants about where are his circus bugs but the ants were lied to by Flik who thought they're were hero's, so he has to go with the circus bugs. So Hopper and the other grasshoppers return to see what the ants had been doing and now he kidnap them as slaves. Dot and her friends escaped from them and went to the club house and she got chased maniac looking grasshopper and find Flik. Dot warned Flik about Hopper and the grasshoppers took over Ant Island and now they're on their way to stop him and Flik and the children are on the giant bird to scare Hopper an the grasshoppers but it got burned by P.T. cause he thinks it's a real bird. So the circus bugs and the ants chased the grasshoppers and Flik defeated Hopper by the real giant bird and the ants from the Ant Island are safe and sound. Man, much like Antz though, A Bug's Life is one big bust. Oh, and have I forgot that this is Pixar's second film? Considering that nobody has even heard of this movie, I would recommend you go watch it and, uh, review it like all the other animated movies you all did. It's just a great film despite being copied by DreamWorks, Antz. There are some outtakes at the end credits which is the first time it happened. I even laugh at one outtake which I remember as a kid.
½ September 7, 2017
A great, highly underrated film. Not Pixar's best, but still good.
½ September 2, 2017
Pretty entertaining funny movie I liked it