A Bug's Life Reviews

• 4d ago

Who knew a story about Insects could be so inspiring - and entertaining.

Who knew a story about Insects could be so inspiring - and entertaining.

• Jul 11, 2019

Good story, good animation and good soundtrack; all to make a good movie

Good story, good animation and good soundtrack; all to make a good movie

• Jul 07, 2019

After Pixar's head start with Toy Story, comes A Bug's Life! Pixar still on the track!

• Jul 01, 2019

It's not Toy Story but it still good. The characters are fine but the villain is the best part of this movie and the story is so rewatchable that I gotta recommend this movie.

• Jun 16, 2019

Not good just bad not horrible but bad Pixar's worst

Not good just bad not horrible but bad Pixar's worst

• Jun 07, 2019

Seriously underrated. By far one of Pixar's best films.

Seriously underrated. By far one of Pixar's best films.

• Apr 03, 2019

Pixar has made their second movie a big success

Pixar has made their second movie a big success

• Apr 03, 2019

This is around the 11th time Ive seen A Bugs Life I can say that I havent Changed my opinion on it. A Bugs Life is a Pixar film directed by John Lasseter the same man who directed Toy Story. The film stars Dave Foley as Filk an ant who isnt like the others. The voice acting is sound with a great cast behind it. I especially liked Kevin Spacey as Hopper I felt that he gave a very menacing performance as the main villain of the film. The characters were good and enjoyable to watch especially the circus bugs, but sadly the ants were a little bit too bland and I personally would like to see a little more character development. The cinematography is steady with some very good shots. One shot in particular was a shot in which Flik is flying on a dandelion. The animation is really good and vibrant but sometimes it can look a bit odd when the characters are in front of a empty background, but thats not to say all the backgrounds are empty and bland but there are a couple. The settings consist of an ant hill a circus and a big city. The settings are steady but nothing that special. The style of the film I personally like from the colour scheme to the character design. The film I noticed had a very good sound design especially when the characters would walk on dirt or rocks. The dialogue was good and steady and has a couple quotable lines here and there. The editing was good with some cool edits throughout. The music I personally really liked It gave an army feel to it. The music also fits into the background very nicely. The story was steady and enjoyable to watch fold out even though it was a bit cliched. The comedy in my opinion worked really well especially with the circus bugs. The film at points even had me laughing out loud. The film at one point even had a strong atmosphere but that scene is toward the end of the film. The film I find really enjoyable to watch and just one of those films I can watch again and again. Over all I give it a 7/10 - very good

• Mar 19, 2019

With hilarious characters, colorful visuals, and taking a twist with a classic fable, I'm sad to see A Bug's Life has become an overlooked film in Pixar's library.

• Mar 04, 2019

It's cute. For a movie made clearly for little kids it was better than it needed to be. No where near as good as The Toy Story or Incredibles films, but it was cute, I'll give it that.